Blood in urine

jhagerup
jhagerup Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
I'm 2 weeks post surgery. Catheter was taken out 4 days ago. My urine is brownish today, and a few clots are coming out. I'll talk to my Dr tomorrow but has anyone else experienced this? Urine has been very clear up until today. Wonder if I overdid it blowing leaves today (not raking, just blowing)?

Comments

• txbarton
    txbarton Member Posts: 89 Member
    Blood
    I passed an ounce or 2 of what looked almost like pure blood at the end of urination 3 or 4 times about a week after my catheter was removed. The rest of the urine looked clear. The blood came on the final push when you try to squeeze the last out of your bladder, which I have discovered is a learned talent.

I have also discovered it is very easy to over do even at almost 4 weeks post-op.

VB
  • jhagerup
    txbarton said:

Blood
    I passed an ounce or 2 of what looked almost like pure blood at the end of urination 3 or 4 times about a week after my catheter was removed. The rest of the urine looked clear. The blood came on the final push when you try to squeeze the last out of your bladder, which I have discovered is a learned talent.

I have also discovered it is very easy to over do even at almost 4 weeks post-op.

VB

Good to know others have
    Good to know others have experienced this. I have worst case scenarios in my mind that they'll have to go back in and fix something. I plan to take it more easy from here on.
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    Of course talk to your
    Of course talk to your Doctor about it but I noticed several times changes in the urine color post surgery. When I would notice I would push more water and it would clear up.

Larry
  • muttsrule
    muttsrule Member Posts: 52
    blood in urine
    Hi, all. I'm 5 weeks past surgery, and still dribble slightly. Dribbles onto the pad are invariably reddish, but less so every day. Occasional red blood droplets in urine, but again, fewer each day. I got the pads to spare my underpants, which got pretty repulsive at the end of a day, and had to be doused in Shout and washed on the Heavy Duty-Super setting in hot water. Of course, check with your doctor. I did, and made him look at a pair of the shorts; he was unperturbed and said that sort of thing would go on for a few weeks. Persevere! John
  • Ocean-View
    Ocean-View Member Posts: 26
    Blood in urine
    It will take a while for that to clear up. You will pass clots also. It's normal.

Tom D Orlando
    da Vinci Sept 24
  • jhagerup

Blood in urine
    It will take a while for that to clear up. You will pass clots also. It's normal.

Tom D Orlando
    da Vinci Sept 24

Good to hear you have
    Good to hear you have similar experiences. It's still a little unnerving. Just passed a pretty big out a few minutes ago (about 1/4 the size of a pea).

I wonder what these blood clots are from. Is it just the stitches in the urethra? Seems like a lot just for a few stitches.
  • muttsrule
    muttsrule Member Posts: 52
    jhagerup said:

Good to hear you have
    Good to hear you have similar experiences. It's still a little unnerving. Just passed a pretty big out a few minutes ago (about 1/4 the size of a pea).

I wonder what these blood clots are from. Is it just the stitches in the urethra? Seems like a lot just for a few stitches.

why blood clots?
    Good question! I had cryotherapy and I'm still passing blood, so it's not due to stitches--for me, anyhow. Guess I'll ask when I go see the dr. in a couple of weeks. John
  • jogger
    jogger Member Posts: 47
    bloody urine
    Hi,

I've had a similar experience after having a biopsy. About a week after the biopsy my urine was clear, then unexpectedly I had bloody gushes for a couple of days. Then it came clear, then bloody, then finally stopped. I had to pee sitting down because the gushes would spew all over the toilet and beyond. Did you ever have a biopsy and did it bleed?

Jack
    142 Member Posts: 169
    jogger said:

bloody urine
    Hi,

I've had a similar experience after having a biopsy. About a week after the biopsy my urine was clear, then unexpectedly I had bloody gushes for a couple of days. Then it came clear, then bloody, then finally stopped. I had to pee sitting down because the gushes would spew all over the toilet and beyond. Did you ever have a biopsy and did it bleed?

Jack

Blood and "debris"
    I am 9 weeks out from DaVinci tomorrow. I still have the periodic bits of scab that the Dr. says come from the sutures. I notice them most in my pad in the morning. I had several UTIs, and after each seem to have more "trash". Real blood and small clots were common with the catheter in (one time it blocked up, that was the cause), and for several weeks after they pulled it.

I had more real blood and clots (maybe 3/16" diameter at the most) after the biopsy, starting about 6 days after, and continuing for a couple of weeks. Again, the Dr. called them normal, and seemed to have expected worse.
  • infooverload
    infooverload Member Posts: 6
    Blood in urine
    I agree with you about not overdoing it -- especially any lifting or straining, which can really put pressure on the bladder sutures and other healing going on in the abdomen. It took about six months for my abdomen to feel normal again (had surgery nearly 12 mos. ago).

I passed some blood, clots and bits of scab for weeks after surgery; often my urine had a pinkish cast and there was a pink stain on pads. Urine sample about 3 mos. after surgery still showed traces of blood.

For six months after surgery, my life revolved around my bladder and penis -- aches and pains, painful and bloody urination, slow trips up and down stairs, and trying to understand the new and confusing signals my bladder sent on any given day. Leakage, sudden urges to pee, a totally limp penis for weeks -- all of these were real challenges.

I think this surgery shows us that guys want everything to work right all the time, and we want everything to be back to normal within just a few days! Every guy I've talked with who's had this surgery feels as I have: frustration that our bodies aren't totally healed within about two weeks. I must've said "I don't have time for this!" about 100 times to my (very helpful) wife.
  • johndz
    johndz Member Posts: 33
    142 said:

Blood and "debris"
    I am 9 weeks out from DaVinci tomorrow. I still have the periodic bits of scab that the Dr. says come from the sutures. I notice them most in my pad in the morning. I had several UTIs, and after each seem to have more "trash". Real blood and small clots were common with the catheter in (one time it blocked up, that was the cause), and for several weeks after they pulled it.

I had more real blood and clots (maybe 3/16" diameter at the most) after the biopsy, starting about 6 days after, and continuing for a couple of weeks. Again, the Dr. called them normal, and seemed to have expected worse.

blood and scab in urine
    I am 3 weeks after Davinci - Just got the catheter out 2 days ago. feeling good but keep me busy around penis and leaking!!it is funny! No one tell me this kind of heavy leaking after cat removal. I start to invent something to cope with this leakage by use the condom pop small hole at the end and connect to my old extra cat at home with rubber band - it working well - Next day I call doctor to give me a new cat bag with all the elastic band wrap around your leg due to they throw away when the cat was removed . The nurse from doctor office let me know that they do have condom type cat. exactly what I want. Good to have someone already think and made one! Very good for heavy leaking just after cat removal. I have 1 think want to share if somene have same problem like me as below. 3 days before cat removal or almost 3 weeks after davinci I experience with very bad pain each time bladder try to empty the last drops in my bladder. It is very painfull and scary! 1 day before Cat removal I can't stand it due it happen so often. My wife can hear I'm screaming in the toilet or any where when I have this pain! I decide to go to emergency room and can't wait 1 more day to see doctor for cat removal. Doctor ask me to take pain killer but does not help at all. After EMergency process by cleaning my Cat for clog but after realease from hospital 5 minutes it happen again and as before. Went home I was suffered 1 more nigh and can't wait for next day cat removal. After cat removal I have same pain again just 10 minutes after cat removal by nurse while waithing for doctor. I can't hold and let go in the doctor office trash can with some blood! Good sample to let doctor know!!
  • johndz
    johndz Member Posts: 33
    johndz said:

blood and scab in urine
    I am 3 weeks after Davinci - Just got the catheter out 2 days ago. feeling good but keep me busy around penis and leaking!!it is funny! No one tell me this kind of heavy leaking after cat removal. I start to invent something to cope with this leakage by use the condom pop small hole at the end and connect to my old extra cat at home with rubber band - it working well - Next day I call doctor to give me a new cat bag with all the elastic band wrap around your leg due to they throw away when the cat was removed . The nurse from doctor office let me know that they do have condom type cat. exactly what I want. Good to have someone already think and made one! Very good for heavy leaking just after cat removal. I have 1 think want to share if somene have same problem like me as below. 3 days before cat removal or almost 3 weeks after davinci I experience with very bad pain each time bladder try to empty the last drops in my bladder. It is very painfull and scary! 1 day before Cat removal I can't stand it due it happen so often. My wife can hear I'm screaming in the toilet or any where when I have this pain! I decide to go to emergency room and can't wait 1 more day to see doctor for cat removal. Doctor ask me to take pain killer but does not help at all. After EMergency process by cleaning my Cat for clog but after realease from hospital 5 minutes it happen again and as before. Went home I was suffered 1 more nigh and can't wait for next day cat removal. After cat removal I have same pain again just 10 minutes after cat removal by nurse while waithing for doctor. I can't hold and let go in the doctor office trash can with some blood! Good sample to let doctor know!!

Blood and scab in urines
    Continued.

When come home I start to use my bladder muscle to top and go the urine and do not let the bladder free push the urine out before final last drops urine push. It working well and I don't have this pain any more. If not each time the bladder squeeze the last drops will create a very painful moment with blood and scab came out my penis! I think if this keep happening the wound will never heal due to each time the wound start to cover with new skin cell and the squeeze will peel it off again and again!! This is my experience want to share if anyone who has same problem like me. Now, No pain, very clear ligh yellow urine! Thanks God!

John