Support Group

durallkst
durallkst Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone go to a support group? I live in Columbus, IN and would like to attend.

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    I go to
    a support group at my cancer clinic.You can see if yours has one or if your nearby hospital has one-or call the ACS number for your area and they should be able to tell you where the closest one is to you.Welcome,Dura!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    I live in Philadelphia,
    I live in Philadelphia, there are several support groups in the area but I have not been to one. I met 3 lovely woman in Radiation we would hang out and talk at radiation, and now we meet for lunch. I also made a close friend in chemo and we talk often, it helps to have them. Now, I also have this website. If you have not met anyone, you really should join one. Most of the large hospitals also have support groups, contact them. I have a large family and a lot of friends, but they just wouldn't understand what i have been through, so it is very important to have someone to talk to. Take care,
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    meena1 said:

I live in Philadelphia,
    I live in Philadelphia, there are several support groups in the area but I have not been to one. I met 3 lovely woman in Radiation we would hang out and talk at radiation, and now we meet for lunch. I also made a close friend in chemo and we talk often, it helps to have them. Now, I also have this website. If you have not met anyone, you really should join one. Most of the large hospitals also have support groups, contact them. I have a large family and a lot of friends, but they just wouldn't understand what i have been through, so it is very important to have someone to talk to. Take care,

Check out ECaP on the internet for locations.
    I have been attending this group which stands for Exceptional Cancer Patients. It is a national group which was started by Dr. Bernie Seigel. It is very positive, informational and inspiring. There is information and locations available online unde ECaP.com.
    All the hospitals have support groups as well. I think meeting with others is important so I'm glad you are looking for one. You can also ask your oncologist for suggestions.
    Good luck.

Roseann
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    roseann4 said:

Check out ECaP on the internet for locations.
    I have been attending this group which stands for Exceptional Cancer Patients. It is a national group which was started by Dr. Bernie Seigel. It is very positive, informational and inspiring. There is information and locations available online unde ECaP.com.
    All the hospitals have support groups as well. I think meeting with others is important so I'm glad you are looking for one. You can also ask your oncologist for suggestions.
    Good luck.

Roseann

support groups
    I'm in Bloomington (IN) and if you can't find anything in Columbus I know the Olcott Center here in Bloomington has all sorts of services for cancer patients http://www.bloomingtonhospital.org/oth/Page.asp?PageID=OTH000142

hugs.
    teena
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    tgf said:

support groups
    I'm in Bloomington (IN) and if you can't find anything in Columbus I know the Olcott Center here in Bloomington has all sorts of services for cancer patients http://www.bloomingtonhospital.org/oth/Page.asp?PageID=OTH000142

hugs.
    teena

I go to a support group at
    I go to a support group at my cancer center. I think that all of the cancer centers offer them. Check with your oncologist.