Prayers are needed for my father! He just got diagnosed again with Lung cancer and mets to bone

sweethlaura
sweethlaura Member Posts: 25
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My father was originally diagnosed with bone infection until one of the doctors did a biopsy of his lung and spine. He was misdiagnosed with osteomylitis. My dad was in the hospital for a good month and a half. He is out now. A pet scan revealed he had spots on his spine and lung....the oncologist said they are very small. He has had 13 radiation treatments. He starts chemotherapy next thursday. I am 23 years old. I have been taking care of my father. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I am the oldest. I am sooo worried about my father. He had stage 1 lung cancer in 05 and beat that. And evidentaly it's back. I love my father very much. All i can do is trust in God. I am very hopeful. I have cried continuously and now I am strong. Their are times I feel so helpless but I know God will pull him through this. I was wondering if their are stage IV survivors? Also if any of you underwent clinical trials? I wish everybody could be cured of this disease. That is my hope. God be with all of you out their!

Comments

• Greggriggs
    Greggriggs Member Posts: 132
    Hear I am three an a half years stage four hope your Dad out does that all to heck.
    Bless you an your Dad
    Greg
  • MichelleP
    MichelleP Member Posts: 254

Hear I am three an a half years stage four hope your Dad out does that all to heck.
    Bless you an your Dad
    Greg

There are many survivors out
    There are many survivors out there with stage IV who have far exceeded prognosis from their doctors. Read many other posts here and it will help give you some strength. Take a deep breath and stay strong!
  • sweethlaura
    MichelleP said:

There are many survivors out
    There are many survivors out there with stage IV who have far exceeded prognosis from their doctors. Read many other posts here and it will help give you some strength. Take a deep breath and stay strong!

Thank you so much! My dad
    Thank you so much! My dad just started chemotherapy today. He has a combo of Carbo/alimta/avastin. 3 lines of defense. I love my dad very much and I will continue everything I can do to help him. Our doctor is soooo understanding and very optimistic. Their is hope for my dad. I know God will pull him through this. We just got to take it one day at a time!
  • cobra1122
    cobra1122 Member Posts: 244
    Surviving
    Sweethlaura, there are many of us survivors out here. I wont list my multi-health issues, if you wish check my bio. But there is always hope as you know, and your father sounds like a fighter.
    I am 49yrs old and on Hospice as my cancer has advanced to the end stages and because of my multi-health issuses nothing more can be done. I am feeling fine and have been on Hospice now for 9 months. I keep breaking the limits the doctors have set for my life so there is always hope and a positive attitude helps. Give your Father all the positive suppoort and understanding you can and embrace everyday.
    Our prayers are with your Father and you and the family...

Dan and Margi Harmon
  • naniz
    naniz Member Posts: 12

Thank you so much! My dad
    Thank you so much! My dad just started chemotherapy today. He has a combo of Carbo/alimta/avastin. 3 lines of defense. I love my dad very much and I will continue everything I can do to help him. Our doctor is soooo understanding and very optimistic. Their is hope for my dad. I know God will pull him through this. We just got to take it one day at a time!

One day at a time
    I had Kidney cancer stage 4. metastized to my lymp nodes and 4 tumors in my lungs. I took chemo and it was not doing so well. I heard of a great natural product and did the research on it and decided to try it. After taking it for 3 months the Doctors told me that my tumors are gone and no signs of cancer are found. I have heard that this natural product works good with all cancers and that Lung cancer does very good with it. I know this is hard to believe but it is all true. I have all me medical reports to show as proof if you are intrested.
  • sweethlaura
    naniz said:

One day at a time
    I had Kidney cancer stage 4. metastized to my lymp nodes and 4 tumors in my lungs. I took chemo and it was not doing so well. I heard of a great natural product and did the research on it and decided to try it. After taking it for 3 months the Doctors told me that my tumors are gone and no signs of cancer are found. I have heard that this natural product works good with all cancers and that Lung cancer does very good with it. I know this is hard to believe but it is all true. I have all me medical reports to show as proof if you are intrested.

Naniz, what is the natural
    Naniz, what is the natural product u used? If you could give me the name so i can get it for my dad! And I am so glad to hear you are cancer free. Miracles do happen! That is what I tell my dad!
  • anitals
    anitals Member Posts: 3
    naniz said:

One day at a time

natural product
    my dad has been stage iv lung cancer for over a year. he has had 3 rounds of chemo and is currently doing radiation on his head due to recently found tumors. cancer keeps spreading and his dr. told us to put him on hospice and make him comfortable. We are seeing another dr. friday because dad is still doing good and not ready to quit. If we get the same response from another dr. I'm willing to try anything. What is this natural product and where can it be found?
    thanks
    anita
  • naniz

Naniz, what is the natural
    Naniz, what is the natural product u used? If you could give me the name so i can get it for my dad! And I am so glad to hear you are cancer free. Miracles do happen! That is what I tell my dad!

Miracles do happen!

I believe that I am where I am right now because of my faith in God. Now I feel I have the responsability to share my story with others who suffer from cancer. I have a lot to talk to you about and alot to explain and it is to much for me to put on this site.. I would like to talk to you or your Dad or Mom if you prefer.

Meanwhile research the natural product " Transfer Factor Plus"

e-mail me so i can give you my phone number. lucy.andres@sbcglobal.net
  • naniz
    anitals said:

natural product
    my dad has been stage iv lung cancer for over a year. he has had 3 rounds of chemo and is currently doing radiation on his head due to recently found tumors. cancer keeps spreading and his dr. told us to put him on hospice and make him comfortable. We are seeing another dr. friday because dad is still doing good and not ready to quit. If we get the same response from another dr. I'm willing to try anything. What is this natural product and where can it be found?
    thanks
    anita

Natural product
    reasearch " Tranfer Factor Plus" Then if intrested please e-amil for more intructions and my phone number.

lucy.andres@sbcglobal.net

Please be aware that this is NOT A SCAM, or joke. This is seriouse and I am trying to help as many people as willing to listen to me. God bless .
  • PBJ Austin
    PBJ Austin Member Posts: 347 Member
    cobra1122 said:

Surviving
    Sweethlaura, there are many of us survivors out here. I wont list my multi-health issues, if you wish check my bio. But there is always hope as you know, and your father sounds like a fighter.
    I am 49yrs old and on Hospice as my cancer has advanced to the end stages and because of my multi-health issuses nothing more can be done. I am feeling fine and have been on Hospice now for 9 months. I keep breaking the limits the doctors have set for my life so there is always hope and a positive attitude helps. Give your Father all the positive suppoort and understanding you can and embrace everyday.

Dan and Margi Harmon

Prayers are headed your way
    sweetlaura, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, as well as everyone on this board. This board has been great for me, please stay in touch.
  • sweethlaura
    naniz said:

Natural product
    reasearch " Tranfer Factor Plus" Then if intrested please e-amil for more intructions and my phone number.

lucy.andres@sbcglobal.net

Please be aware that this is NOT A SCAM, or joke. This is seriouse and I am trying to help as many people as willing to listen to me. God bless .

Naniz,
    Thank you for

Naniz,

Thank you for letting us know about Transfer Factor Plus. I will def. get that for my father. We have a cox's market...organic food market where I think they might have it. If you would like to talk my email is Sweethlaura@aol.com
  • sweethlaura
    cobra1122 said:

Surviving

Dan and Margi Harmon

Cobra1122,
    Your story has

Cobra1122,

Your story has really inspired my dad and I. It's amazing what doctors will tell you. See my dad was in the hospital for a month and a half before and basically we had the run around. we met the oncologist who I personally wasn't too found of. He stated you can have "SO MUCH HOPE". That really bothered me because in a sense he is saying I am not going to do whatever it takes to help your dad. And gave a time limit for my dad. First off, he's not God. God is the ultimate decider of what takes place. I truly believe that. Something told me to contact his oncologist from the previous lung cancer. Evidently he moved away. I did everything I can to contact him. Finally, I found him he had moved to Southlake, Texas. We live a good 45min to an hour away from that place. I am enrolled in college(nursing school), working, and taking my dad to all his appointments. It was a commitment I had to make a promise too. I did it because this doctor is outstanding,understanding, and if my dad needed anything he wouldn't hesitate. Sooo my dad had his first chemo this past thursday. And his chemo is 3 weeks apart. Anyway, Thankyou for being an inspiration. And, Hang in their and be safe. We will be praying for you!
  • sweethlaura

Prayers are headed your way
    sweetlaura, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, as well as everyone on this board. This board has been great for me, please stay in touch.

PBJ Austin,
    Thankyou for

PBJ Austin,

Thankyou for praying for my family. We are going through a rough time right now but their is always light. All we can do is trust in God and have faith. Because faith can move mountains.
  • naniz

Naniz,
    Thank you for

Naniz,

Thank you for letting us know about Transfer Factor Plus. I will def. get that for my father. We have a cox's market...organic food market where I think they might have it. If you would like to talk my email is Sweethlaura@aol.com

Transfer factor plus
    e-mailed you some info. Hope it helps.
  • JBVM823
    JBVM823 Member Posts: 2
    my heart goes out to you...
    Dear Laura,
    Please know you are not alone, and my thoughts and prayers are with you, your siblings and your dear father. What an example you are to me! Just today my Mom (who lives with us) was diagnosed with lung cancer, and we are devastated. It's good to know your Dad beat it once. Stay strong and keep in touch.
    Jennifer
  • sweethlaura
    JBVM823 said:

my heart goes out to you...
    Dear Laura,
    Please know you are not alone, and my thoughts and prayers are with you, your siblings and your dear father. What an example you are to me! Just today my Mom (who lives with us) was diagnosed with lung cancer, and we are devastated. It's good to know your Dad beat it once. Stay strong and keep in touch.
    Jennifer

Im curious what kind of lung
    Im curious what kind of lung cancer does your mom have? I know how it feels trust me. Encourage her and be their for her through the good and bad. And remember that Gods with you every step of the way. Believe and it shall happen. laura-
  • RunnerCPA
    RunnerCPA Member Posts: 8
    My dad has been diagnosed with adneocarsinoma
    My dad has been diagnosed with cancer unknown primary-adneocarsinoma. I know how you feel...I was so sad that I felt like my heart was going to break the first weekend. Now I have gotten stronger and I am trying to keep him positive. I know God will give our Dad's the strength and courage they need to fight this. He will get us through it too. I am so sorry you and your dad are having to go through this...may I ask, what types of treatment your daddy's doctors are putting your dad on?
  • sweethlaura
    RunnerCPA said:

My dad has been diagnosed with adneocarsinoma
    My dad has been diagnosed with cancer unknown primary-adneocarsinoma. I know how you feel...I was so sad that I felt like my heart was going to break the first weekend. Now I have gotten stronger and I am trying to keep him positive. I know God will give our Dad's the strength and courage they need to fight this. He will get us through it too. I am so sorry you and your dad are having to go through this...may I ask, what types of treatment your daddy's doctors are putting your dad on?

I know how you feel!
    My dad is fighting lung cancer again. First time it was adneocarsinoma in 05. Now in September 09 it's adenocarsinoma again. My dad is very lucky all thanks to God (the big man upstairs). He had 13 radiation treatments for his spine. And now is on Chemotherapy. He is on Carboplatin, Alimta,and avastin. He is actually handling it pretty well besides the nausea and the lack of appetite. I dunno where you live but we live in Texas. And he is being treated in los colinas area. His doctor is outstanding. He has regular bloodwork tests on thursday and after his chemo treatment he is scheduled for a shot to help with his white blood cells so he wont get extremely sick. one thing i can tell you i am worried about is him quitting smoking. He dosent smoke like he used too but he has to stop. I know it's tough on him but i am trying to everything i can to help him. i got him chantix and the doctor said to give him a week or two and he will quit. I pray to God he quits. maybe i don't understand but all cigarretes do is hurt people and make them sick. our bodies are very fragile to dangerous chemicals that are in cigarettes...like benzene, formaldahyde, and rat poison...believe it or not.