maryellen is finished treatment...-thank you ladies for your wisdom and guidance

maryln3
maryln3 Member Posts: 62
linda's description of internal radiation is right on the button....

so today i am finished this cancer journey...i will see radiology doc in 30 days cause he asked if i would come in for a check up...most ladies refuse,,,i decided i will go

then see the surgeon in dec and every 3 months for 2 years ....

i have changed alot over the past 5 months ....i was fortunate not to need chemo...cause nodes were not invaded..

my first surgery hysterectomy took 2 weeks to recover from ..the second surgery lymph nodes 27 removed was harder on my body and took 8 weeks to be painfree

i have no pain at all...no adhesions...no swelling...

thanks for talking me thru my cancer journey...ladies u made it so much easier to bear

i will pray for all of you...

maryellen
stage 1c endometrial cancer with lymphvasucular invasion and tumor 75 % in wall of uterus no lymph nodes effected

complete hysterectomy 6/24/09 lymphnode biosied 8/6/09 27 nodes removed -all clear
3 internal radiations to the vaginal cuff as insurance that cancer will not return

Comments

• susie1143
    susie1143 Member Posts: 105
    Great News
    That's wonderful news!

I'm also Stage 1C but was told no radiation or chemo. At first I was told Grade 3 then downgraded to Grade 2 after surgery and staging. Going for a second opinion and hope to hear the same news as you tomorrow.

What Grade cell where you?

God Bless,
    Susie
  • livenow09
    livenow09 Member Posts: 60
    Congradu;ations on finishing treatment
    Aloha Marilyn,
    hope all goes well with you; you're finished with one leg of the journey; now begins another..surveillance; living three months at a time gets a little easier all the time, but don't be surprised if you have some anxiety just before your check ups; it's fairly common; good luck...enjoy yourself Marie

UPSC Stage 1A, Grade 3; 8 cycles of Carbo/Taxol, no radiation; no tumor, just a lesion in the uterus approx 1.5 x 1 cm; no invasion of myometrium; 33 lymph nodes negative; negative abdominal washings
  • maryln3
    maryln3 Member Posts: 62
    susie1143 said:

Great News
    That's wonderful news!

I'm also Stage 1C but was told no radiation or chemo. At first I was told Grade 3 then downgraded to Grade 2 after surgery and staging. Going for a second opinion and hope to hear the same news as you tomorrow.

What Grade cell where you?

God Bless,
    Susie

grade of tumor
    was dissolving and could not be graded so called 3