Starting R CHOP

merrywinner
merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
I will be starting r chop on october 6th for my follicular nhl. I am nervous. The lump in my neck has gotten larger and my MD feels this is the best option. Any tips or suggestions?

Comments

• DennisR
    DennisR Member Posts: 148
    Hi Merry,
    As far as I know

Hi Merry,
    As far as I know R-CHOP is still the latest and greatest, state of the art Chemo regimin for Lymphoma, if your Oncologist is recommending it, do it. They know more about Lymphoma than nearly any other form of cancer and have a lot of success curing it.
    I understand your fear and aprehension, Chemotherapy is serious medicine and it can cause some very uncomfortable side effects. Some people take it with very little problem, I'm not one of those, some experience nearly every side effect known to mankind, I'm not one of those either, but close. Remember, "This too shall pass".
    Whatever, we all do the treatment and eventually the cancer goes away right along with the side effects. Stay hydrated, eat whatever sounds edible, to you, and keep on keepin' on.
    You're in my prayers for a quick and easy Journey into the land of NED.
    DennisR
  • merrywinner
    DennisR said:

Hi Merry,
    As far as I know

Hi Merry,
    As far as I know R-CHOP is still the latest and greatest, state of the art Chemo regimin for Lymphoma, if your Oncologist is recommending it, do it. They know more about Lymphoma than nearly any other form of cancer and have a lot of success curing it.
    I understand your fear and aprehension, Chemotherapy is serious medicine and it can cause some very uncomfortable side effects. Some people take it with very little problem, I'm not one of those, some experience nearly every side effect known to mankind, I'm not one of those either, but close. Remember, "This too shall pass".
    Whatever, we all do the treatment and eventually the cancer goes away right along with the side effects. Stay hydrated, eat whatever sounds edible, to you, and keep on keepin' on.
    You're in my prayers for a quick and easy Journey into the land of NED.
    DennisR

Thanks
    Thank you so much for your info and encouragement. I did a clinical trail earlier this year that involved Rituxin so I know I tolerate that. The trial pretty much got everything but the lump in my neck is a little more aggressive. I am fortunate to be at the Mayo clinic so that brings some comfort. But the ability to tolerate is the same no matter where you go for your care. Thanks again.
    Mary
  • jbat409
    jbat409 Member Posts: 2
    I had the ABVD chemo program
    I had the ABVD chemo program for my Hodgkins Lymphoma, got thru that pretty well.
    It completely dissovled the tumor in my neck.
    Tomorrow I start radiation. Crazy I'm more nervous about rads then I was the chemo.
    Wish you well, you can do it!
  • alleycat42
    alleycat42 Member Posts: 16
    hi, im patrick, im am been
    hi, im patrick, im am been treated for follicular nhl, i am thru 5 cycles of R CHOP and have one to go.(and... btw...im irish and am at waterford regional... howrya :) )

i can give you some 'personal' feedback about the regime if you want? i would say that it is different for everyboby and it would be just my experience. if that will help give me a shout.
  • tjo66
    tjo66 Member Posts: 29

hi, im patrick, im am been
    hi, im patrick, im am been treated for follicular nhl, i am thru 5 cycles of R CHOP and have one to go.(and... btw...im irish and am at waterford regional... howrya :) )

i can give you some 'personal' feedback about the regime if you want? i would say that it is different for everyboby and it would be just my experience. if that will help give me a shout.

patrick
    My dad is having his second dose of R-CHOP Wed. I am nervous what it willdo to him, He's 82. Can you give me soem positive reinforcement?
    Thanks tammyjo
  • merrywinner
    tjo66 said:

patrick
    My dad is having his second dose of R-CHOP Wed. I am nervous what it willdo to him, He's 82. Can you give me soem positive reinforcement?
    Thanks tammyjo

Good luck
    Sorry to hear about your Dad. This will be a little late in getting to you. I spent Yesterday 10-6 at the Mayo clinic having my first round off R CHOP. All went well I think. I feel tired with slight waves of nausea and little bits of dizziness but nothing too terrible. I was expecting worse but its early in the game. The main thing I feel today is absolutely wiped out. I'm sure there are extra precautions they take with the elderly and they will be careful. I am relatively young for this disease or so they tell me. The average age of of onset is mid 60s and above so they are more used to dealing with older people anyway. I hope he dose well and good luck.