I'm Back!!!!

Shayenne
Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Everyone!!!!

Thanks so much for your prayers and thoughts, I actually had another small bowel obstruction last week, ended up in the hospital for 5 days, which luckily resolved on its own, and didn't need surgery! YAY! also, my computer needed some fixing and was in the shop for abit.....

I really need to try and force myself to drink more, I have problems staying dehydrated, I can only drink so much, but the doctor said it is scar tissue that is causing this, and it's something so painful, where my hubby has to literally carry me out to the van, because you can barely move, and the vomiting 4 times an hour isn't fun either.

But, I actually went to the doctors today and to start my 10th chemo treatment, and Good News!! she said my body is responding very well to the chemo, that my CEA levels are way down, and the lesions in my liver have shrunk alot, and is moving the way she is wanting to go, so I at least had some encouraging news after the past few months have been heck!

I am going to learn to try and stay hydrated, and hopefully stay out of the hospital for awhile, I swear, all the nurses and doctors are all knowing me really well now LOL...

So, how is everyone??? I have alot of catching up to do, hello to new people!!! I hope to hear from you all soon!

Hugssss!
~Donna

Comments

• Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Glad for you
    Glad you are back and things are moving in the right direction. Stay well. Paula
  • Devasted
    Devasted Member Posts: 185
    Great to hear from you!
    Donna,
    We all missed you...sorry you haven't been well but sounds like great news from
    the onc....it is so encouraging!

My husband had first chemo treatment and made it through, just like you said
    4 days were rough said he felt like he had the flu but he's popped back and
    will be going for treatment #2 next Tuesday. Thanks for all your posts to help
    us through this difficult time.

Take care
  • Janet3
    Janet3 Member Posts: 59
    Whew!
    Well, I know everyone is glad to hear from you. Happy to hear all of your good news! Hydration is very important. You have to figure out a system to keep yourself drinking, especially when you don't want to. Drinking is difficult for my mom, especially the week she has chemo. Mostly because she can't have anything cold and she says room temp is yukky. So now we put the days requirement on the counter and she knows she has to drink it all before bedtime. It really has helped. You have to find what works for you because, let me tell you, when the nurses know you well enough to remember you......well that's just not good. Anyway, you will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
    Janet
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    hi Donna
    Hi Donna,
    Welcome back, we sure do miss you when you're not around. It must be your sunny personality. I'm glad to hear things are getting resolved.

Take care.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Muzzy
    Muzzy Member Posts: 175 Member
    glad your back
  • Shayenne
    Muzzy said:

glad your back

Thank You! :)
    Hey all!

Thanks for the kind words Paula, Kathleen and Muzzy! I probably get so sunny, I think I find myself being annoying LOL, I have to contain myself at times lol...

Devastated, I am so glad your hubby got through it, wasn't as bad as he thought was it? make sure he stays on top of the nausea, I am on my 10th treatment, and find the nausea pills may not last as long, but the do have longer lasting Zofran, I think called "aloxi" or something, so the further he goes along, he may want to request it, shoot, I think I take about 4 different kinds of nausea pills every few hours at a time, and nice couple hits of good ole maryjane :)

Janet, I am so bad, like your mom, I know warm anything is nasty! unless it's tea, cocoa or coffee of course, I hope she is getting better though? but I am going to try as hard as I can to at least drink a few bottles of water plus other fluids, this is something that may be causing my obstructions :(

Hope all stays well with you all!

Hugggsss!!
    ~Donna
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Shayenne said:

Thank You! :)
    Hey all!

Thanks for the kind words Paula, Kathleen and Muzzy! I probably get so sunny, I think I find myself being annoying LOL, I have to contain myself at times lol...

Devastated, I am so glad your hubby got through it, wasn't as bad as he thought was it? make sure he stays on top of the nausea, I am on my 10th treatment, and find the nausea pills may not last as long, but the do have longer lasting Zofran, I think called "aloxi" or something, so the further he goes along, he may want to request it, shoot, I think I take about 4 different kinds of nausea pills every few hours at a time, and nice couple hits of good ole maryjane :)

Janet, I am so bad, like your mom, I know warm anything is nasty! unless it's tea, cocoa or coffee of course, I hope she is getting better though? but I am going to try as hard as I can to at least drink a few bottles of water plus other fluids, this is something that may be causing my obstructions :(

Hope all stays well with you all!

Hugggsss!!
    ~Donna

Hi Sweetie..........
    Great to see ya back...was really gettin worried about ya.....If its hydration try to get bottled water and then you can buy the individual packets of drink mix at Walmart that you pour into 1 bottle of water ...They are great. They have orange,tea,fruit punch, peach tea,etc. They are a great drink for those who hate the taste of plain old boring water.....Good to have ya back sis.......
  • Shayenne
    Buzzard said:

Hi Sweetie..........
    Great to see ya back...was really gettin worried about ya.....If its hydration try to get bottled water and then you can buy the individual packets of drink mix at Walmart that you pour into 1 bottle of water ...They are great. They have orange,tea,fruit punch, peach tea,etc. They are a great drink for those who hate the taste of plain old boring water.....Good to have ya back sis.......

Heyas Clift!!
    My brother, I am going to get those packets! I used to just pass by them in the stores looking at them, and thought I actually had to have PURE water, but heck, this time, I'm getting them, water is so boring, so true!

Thanks for watching out for me, you know somethings wrong when I can't get to my 2nd family here, at least every few days :)

It's good to be back!

Huge Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    Shayenne said:

Heyas Clift!!
    My brother, I am going to get those packets! I used to just pass by them in the stores looking at them, and thought I actually had to have PURE water, but heck, this time, I'm getting them, water is so boring, so true!

Thanks for watching out for me, you know somethings wrong when I can't get to my 2nd family here, at least every few days :)

It's good to be back!

Huge Hugsss!
    ~Donna

oh Donna
    will you please STOP doing this to us??? lol...so glad to see you back here, and very happy you are ok. As you can see, we worry about you when you are not around!
  • Shayenne

oh Donna
    will you please STOP doing this to us??? lol...so glad to see you back here, and very happy you are ok. As you can see, we worry about you when you are not around!

I'll try !!! LOL!
    That is soooo weird, I was just answering your post when I saw this lol...Believe me, I hate hospitals and having those uncomfortable NG tubes stuck up my nose and down my throat, not a fun experience!! Please don't worry, I try to hang in there as much as hospital, if i have another obstruction I will pull the hair out of my head!!

Thanks for thinking of me, I miss my second family when I can't hear from them either :(

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Shayenne said:

I'll try !!! LOL!
    That is soooo weird, I was just answering your post when I saw this lol...Believe me, I hate hospitals and having those uncomfortable NG tubes stuck up my nose and down my throat, not a fun experience!! Please don't worry, I try to hang in there as much as hospital, if i have another obstruction I will pull the hair out of my head!!

Thanks for thinking of me, I miss my second family when I can't hear from them either :(

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Ick!
    Ick! A pox on all the NG tubes of the world. They are the worst!

Glad this blockage healed without surgery. Hope you're feeling much better now!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Shayenne
    tootsie1 said:

Ick!
    Ick! A pox on all the NG tubes of the world. They are the worst!

Glad this blockage healed without surgery. Hope you're feeling much better now!

*hugs*
    Gail

I ....
    ...feeling much better, thanks Gail, I don't wish those on anyone, and loved the pox comment, I never heard it called that LOL!

How have you been feeling Gail?

Huggsss!
    ~Donna
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    glad you're back!
    Hi Donna,

I'm sorry for what you had to go through- definitely no fun.
    I'm glad to hear though, that your CEA is down and you're responding well to the chemo!

You take care of yourself,
    Lisa
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    lisa42 said:

glad you're back!
    Hi Donna,

I'm sorry for what you had to go through- definitely no fun.
    I'm glad to hear though, that your CEA is down and you're responding well to the chemo!

You take care of yourself,
    Lisa

Sorry for the difficult time
    Sorry for the difficult time you have had, thank goodness for no surgery... Take Care.... PEtrina
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Glad you are back!!!
    All of us were very worried for you, this board needs your uplifting posts,and congratulations for the good news sounds that everything is going better and better.
    God bless you
  • Shayenne
    betina61 said:

Glad you are back!!!
    All of us were very worried for you, this board needs your uplifting posts,and congratulations for the good news sounds that everything is going better and better.
    God bless you

Hey Girls!
    I enjoy being inspired and uplifted by all the people here and their stories, I just wanted every else to be the same and come and be happy as

I just live each day and take it as it comes now, no worries,and take it day by day, kind of walking through the sounds of time. :I

Thank for the kind well wished, I actually feel real good right now must be the great drugs I been given!!

Take Care and hope you all have a great day!

Hugsss!!
    ~Donna
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Shayenne said:

Hey Girls!
    I enjoy being inspired and uplifted by all the people here and their stories, I just wanted every else to be the same and come and be happy as

I just live each day and take it as it comes now, no worries,and take it day by day, kind of walking through the sounds of time. :I

Thank for the kind well wished, I actually feel real good right now must be the great drugs I been given!!

Take Care and hope you all have a great day!

Hugsss!!
    ~Donna

Hi Donna! We missed You!
    Hi Donna! We missed You! ----------
    --- I like to drop a couple of Maraschino Cherries in the glass of water with a couple of teaspoons of the juice. A straw helps the water go down easier and then when I get to the bottom I get to eat the cherries! You can also add a couple of pineapple chunks or other fruit. I have heard some people like cucumbers and lemons in the their water. Just some ideas to throw in the ring.

So glad you are back with us!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Glad Your Back
    So sorry that you had to go through that again, but am glad that it worked itself on its own and you didn't need any more surgery. Yes it is important to drink a lot. I usually have drank a lot anyway so it's not so hard once you get used to it. Glad that you are feeling better and I hope that you recover soon. Sounds like good news from the doctor also.

Kim
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Chicky :)
    Hi Donna

We're gonna' have to employ someone to keep an eye on you :)

When you go MIA, you are gone, gone, gone :)

Scar tissue causes alot of issues, doesn't it?

I am so sorry that it was back to the hospital for you and certainly glad that "things" resolved itself on their own - please don't cut me anymore, right?

Your report sounds very encouraging too! You've come a long way in a short time since I have met you...I have to say I'm impressed with how things are going and how you are handling things...you are "mauvelous" darling :)

Just out of the hospital and you still took time to reply to my post - Wow! Thank you BTW for such sweet words from your sweet spirit. You always know what to say to me to make me feel good.

Now, that being said - no more hospitals for you :)

And I am "as right as the rain." So don't worry about me. Things are getting alot more real, actually, but I'll probably open up a post to talk about it - stay tuned - same BatTime, same BatChannel :)

Really glad to see you back here! I've missed you as always, gotta' have our Donna :)

I'm outta' here...continued best to you!

Here's a big CyberHug from Texas (((( CHICKY ))))

-Craig
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Popsicles, Yogurt, Watermelon....
    HI Donna. I'm so glad this resolved on its own! Whew. You've been through so much.

Have you read the side effects of the anti nausea pills? Some say they cause constipation or blockage. You mentioned taking four different kinds. You might want to eliminate the bad guys!

Hey girl, you can get fluids from many sources. Many foods are mostly water plus you could eat Popsicles, Yougurt, Watermelon and other juicy fruits. Have you ever had Sweet Tea? I drink it all afternoon. I make a gallon every two days just for me. It costs so little... just sugar and 6 tea bags. :o) I love warm apple cider with spices. YUM

Glad you're okay now. Maybe you could have your girls or hubby post a quick note on your Facebook if you're under the weather again.