I start my last round (I hope) of chemo next Wednesday

just4Brooks
just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My name is Brooks and I have stage 3 rectal cancer. I have went through 6 ½ weeks of chemo and radiation and then on August 13 surgery to remove the tumor. Surgery went great and the tumor showed NO signs of cancer left from the treatments. Now I’m at home recovering from the surgery and preparing for my final round of chemo. To everyone who is fighting cancer remember to stay strong and contact me if you don’t have anyone else to talk to. Just got back from seing my chemo doctor yesterday (Sept 5th 2009). I start my last round (I hope) of chemo next Wednesday for 18 to 20 weeks. They'll put in the PICC line on Tuesday

Comments

• grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Good News
    Hi Brooks, my name is Debbie and I am fairly new to this forum. What a great place. Wish I had known about it when I was going thru treatment. I had emergency surgery for a blockage in Oct. 2007, found 2 blockages. One that was cancer was the size of a lemon, 8/38 lymph nodes positive, 12 inches colon removed, 6 months chemo. I also had a picc line rather than a port. It worked great for me. Alittle hard to shower but we don't sweat the small stuff, right.

I am so glad to hear you are doing so well. I pray you continue to heal and have a smooth experience with the chemo. I answered your other post regarding medical marijuana. It made a tremedous difference for me.

If you have any questions or need anything this is a great place to come.

I'll be praying for you.

Debbie (gramma - there are several Debbies on here so I added gramma)
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    I am
    glad to hear that all is going well with this new journey. It is a tough one, but one that can be completed and won, so make sure you keep us posted on how you are doing :)
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    nudgie said:

I am
    glad to hear that all is going well with this new journey. It is a tough one, but one that can be completed and won, so make sure you keep us posted on how you are doing :)

Good Luck
    On your journey will be thinking of you and sending good vibes that it will be ok

michelle
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Hi Brooks
    I hope all goes well and this last round gets it all.
    -p
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wishing you luck
    Good luck on your last round of chemo. Hope that all goes well for you and keep posting to let us know how you are feeling.

Kim