Vacation

bdee
bdee Member Posts: 304
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My doctor gave his permission for us to go on vacation. So Friday, September 4, my husband, Gerald, and I will be heading for London and Paris for a week. My doctor even told me I didn't have to wear a mask (I still will on the airplane). I'm pooped from getting ready and packing, but we aren't leaving until 1:40 p.m. tomorrow. I just hope I come back feeling as well as I do now.

Debbie

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Take me!
    Awesome! I've always wanted to go to Paris!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    tootsie1 said:

Take me!
    Awesome! I've always wanted to go to Paris!

*hugs*
    Gail

How Fun!
    I hope you have a safe journey (I'm so scared of planes) and hope you have a wonderful time~ you all deserve it! Paris looks so beautiful, and London will probably have some great shopping places! both cities! Have alot of fun!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Have a
    GREAT time and enjoy the many sights and smells :) and of course, tell us all about it when you get back
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    nudgie said:

Have a
    GREAT time and enjoy the many sights and smells :) and of course, tell us all about it when you get back

Have a wonderful time..

Have a wonderful time..
  • tonykevin
    tonykevin Member Posts: 1
    Have a great time!
    We just came back from Paris and London. Ironically I didn't get my diagnosis until after I got back last week. Enjoy your time there.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Have FUN
    Have a great time. I hope you have great weather too.
    -p
  • bdee
    We're back from vacation
    We had a wonderful time, the weather in both London and Paris was great. I had to wear a light jacket in London, but could go short sleeved in Paris. No problems with our planes, all on time (What a shock). No problems going through customs and no one asked why I was carrying a pharmacy around with me.
    My husband, Gerald, planned this trip for me when I was dying from Oxylplatin. I was losing weight like crazy, not being able to eat any solid food for three months, but he just knew I would be well enough to take this trip. He and I both needed the time away and I'm glad we took it.
    Now if I could just get my body back to Central Time Zone. Went to bed at 9:00 p.m. CT 4:00 a.m. Paris time and woke up at 4:45 a.m. CT which would be noon in Paris. I take chemo on Monday, I'm sure I'll be back to normal after that.
    I walked more than I had in 10 months and really thought we wouldn't get to do very much because of me, but Gerald was the one who held us up. Now he knows he needs to start getting some exercise aside from walking all over the hospital where he works. Short walks to go do some work just isn't the same as long walks when you're lost in a foreign country and can't remember the street your hotel is on. (that happened in Paris)

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers for our safety and health on this trip,
    Debbie
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    bdee said:

We're back from vacation
    We had a wonderful time, the weather in both London and Paris was great. I had to wear a light jacket in London, but could go short sleeved in Paris. No problems with our planes, all on time (What a shock). No problems going through customs and no one asked why I was carrying a pharmacy around with me.
    My husband, Gerald, planned this trip for me when I was dying from Oxylplatin. I was losing weight like crazy, not being able to eat any solid food for three months, but he just knew I would be well enough to take this trip. He and I both needed the time away and I'm glad we took it.
    Now if I could just get my body back to Central Time Zone. Went to bed at 9:00 p.m. CT 4:00 a.m. Paris time and woke up at 4:45 a.m. CT which would be noon in Paris. I take chemo on Monday, I'm sure I'll be back to normal after that.
    I walked more than I had in 10 months and really thought we wouldn't get to do very much because of me, but Gerald was the one who held us up. Now he knows he needs to start getting some exercise aside from walking all over the hospital where he works. Short walks to go do some work just isn't the same as long walks when you're lost in a foreign country and can't remember the street your hotel is on. (that happened in Paris)

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers for our safety and health on this trip,
    Debbie

HOW did I MISS?????
    We were in France at the same time...lol!

I'm glad you took the time...isn't Paris grand? And that you will be able to think back on this when chemo tries to get you down....I always carry a business card from the hotel I'm staying in. Then, even in a country where I can't speak the language, I can show the card to a cabbie, and get safely returned...

Hugs, Kathi
  • bdee
    KathiM said:

HOW did I MISS?????
    We were in France at the same time...lol!

I'm glad you took the time...isn't Paris grand? And that you will be able to think back on this when chemo tries to get you down....I always carry a business card from the hotel I'm staying in. Then, even in a country where I can't speak the language, I can show the card to a cabbie, and get safely returned...

Hugs, Kathi

Good idea
    I've never thought of that before because I've always had a great sense of direction and could always find our way back from just about anywhere. I don't know if it was the chemo brain or the language that blocked my way this time.

Paris is grand, but I really would have liked to stay in London longer. We just didn't have enough time at either place to really see everything.

Debbie