Question for Pattee about stitches -

donnare
donnare Member Posts: 266
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Pattee!
Hope you are well.

Do you have permanent internal stitches? The surgeon said today that my husband's stitches won't dissolve. He had staples on the outside. Surgeon went in and snipped it just like you said, and told him no big deal now that the infection is gone. He said because he is thin it might happen (the stitch - hopefully not the infection!!) again and he would just snip it again, but he doubts it. We assumed the internal stitches would dissolve.

Thanks,
Donna

Comments

• Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Ya know, I wonder what mine
    Ya know, I wonder what mine are/were? Not sure, was assuming they were the dissolving kind. I had several pop up. I know the outside one was glue. Elmers probably :)

I am ok :) How is your husband feeling? better I hope
  • donnare
    donnare Member Posts: 266
    Patteee said:

Ya know, I wonder what mine
    Ya know, I wonder what mine are/were? Not sure, was assuming they were the dissolving kind. I had several pop up. I know the outside one was glue. Elmers probably :)

I am ok :) How is your husband feeling? better I hope

Hi Patteee
    Thanks for the response. Did you have complications when they popped up?

My husband is feeling better - a little sore at the site, but much better now that the infection is gone. Also, he has had 3 rounds of chemo, so some the side affects are starting to increase (thanks to this board and all you survivors I know what to look for and tell him about), but overall we know it could always be worse.

Thanks again Patteee - have a great day!
    Donna
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    donnare said:

Hi Patteee
    Thanks for the response. Did you have complications when they popped up?

My husband is feeling better - a little sore at the site, but much better now that the infection is gone. Also, he has had 3 rounds of chemo, so some the side affects are starting to increase (thanks to this board and all you survivors I know what to look for and tell him about), but overall we know it could always be worse.

Thanks again Patteee - have a great day!
    Donna

no complications

no complications