Discussion Board help

grammadebbie
grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I'm fairly new here and have not been able to figure out some things on the board. Is there any place to get directions? I have noticed people saying "they didn't mean to take over a post"?, How do you get friends? how do you send a post to someone who is answering a post?what are favorites. I hope I'm not the only one who can't figure this out. Shall I blame it on chemo brain?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Debbie (gramma)

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Posting
    "Taking over a post" usually means that a topic was started and someone kind of threw off the original topic by posting something unrelated. A new post should be started when you want to divert from the original posters post.

To answer another post, just hit "reply" on the original post or if you are replying to a reply hit "reply" under the other posters message.

To add a friend you can click on a posters name to the left and scroll all the way down to the end of the page and "add as friend."

I didn't know how to do it either at first - you learn as you go.

Hope I didn't confuse you :)

Kim
  • grammadebbie

Posting
    "Taking over a post" usually means that a topic was started and someone kind of threw off the original topic by posting something unrelated. A new post should be started when you want to divert from the original posters post.

To answer another post, just hit "reply" on the original post or if you are replying to a reply hit "reply" under the other posters message.

To add a friend you can click on a posters name to the left and scroll all the way down to the end of the page and "add as friend."

I didn't know how to do it either at first - you learn as you go.

Hope I didn't confuse you :)

Kim

Thank you
    I appreciate your help. What does it mean to be a friend or to subscribe to a thread?

I relied to your post, does that mean it won't show on the original post? I'm confused. I'm sure I'll catch on thru trial and error. Sorry in advance for any mistakes.

Thanks
  • grammadebbie
    test
    Sorry just trying to figure this out.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

test
    Sorry just trying to figure this out.

Test
    Ok your first post was fine as well as your second. You did good on the other posts I've seen on this board. You are getting the hang of it :) I have no clue what it means to "subscribe to" means. I've never went there as this is someone's personal thread. You are doing fine. Keep up the posting. We love all comments and questions.

Kim