my update on trip to Duke

davidbdailey
davidbdailey Member Posts: 20
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
Went to Duke on Wed, MRI showed progression of tumor, but they also said that the post radiation MRI could show it bigger than it actually is. So the radiation and temodar didn't work the way they were hoping. So next step is Avastin and CPT11 which I started Wed. have decided to do everything at Duke, where I feel I get the best care so treatments are every two weeks. So far I haven't had any side effects from the chemo, (maybe just a little more tired) which I'm very thankful. I will get two more treatments before I get another MRI on September 30.

Comments

• sue Siwek
    sue Siwek Member Posts: 279
    you are doing the best thing
    you are doing the best thing you can do by staying with duke. good luck on your journey.
  • davidbdailey
    davidbdailey Member Posts: 20
    sue Siwek said:

you are doing the best thing
    you are doing the best thing you can do by staying with duke. good luck on your journey.

Thank You Sue
    Thank You Sue for Your Surport. OH we are staying with Duke! They Really do give you HOPE there. Its so wonderful. And we have our Faith and our LoVE my wife Patty and I.
    May the Almighty GOD Keep Blessing you and your family. I Pray for you and your family alos.
    David B Dailey