My Dad has stage 3b-4 Lung Cancer (Please help)

Options
Gabias
Gabias Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Hi every one,

Last week my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer type 4. He is given worst case scenario of life expectency 5-6 months. He was offered chemo for treatment. He does not want chemo. He believes that except the water in his lungs that needs to be drained every two weeks, he feels totally fine and does not want any treatment. He goes to work three times a week and acts as if nothing is going on. He says with constant PRAYING, eating healthy and keeping positive attitude, he will defeat this monster. I tried so hard to convince him to give chemo a try but he does not want it and I have to go along with him. I STRONGLY believe in GOD and his miracles. I just hope Dad gets well and beats the odds with his faith. I pray HARD.
Can any one PLEASE tell me if you know of some one, who beat cancer the way my dad plans to beat it? Sorry but ever since my dad's illness I don't feel like I care about my life any more. My dad means a world to me. He is the reason for my laughing and my happiness.
Thank you. Jerry

Comments

• medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi Jerry, If there is one
    Hi Jerry, If there is one thing I've learned on my journey is that everyone looks at life (and it's ending) uniquely. I think if your dad wants to deal with a verdict of 5-6 months in his own way it is very possible that it is the way he should live it. We have all seen people so worn from chemo and radiation that you wonder how they are putting one foot in front of the other. Perhaps he doesn't see himself that way and wants to enjoy every last minute. That is his choice. And who is to say he isn't right? And who knows? Perhaps in a month or two he may decide to have treatment. If I may give some motherly advice though? (speaking as a parent)...
    When I learned I had cancer the first the first thing I thought of was my daughter. How was she going to deal with this? If I didn't make it, what would happen to her (her father died of cancer when she was 16). It was unbearable to me to think of her suffering, of not having her mother. I wanted most of all to spare her of this. Luckily she took it well, probably because of my attitude, but also she didn't want me to worry about her. Please let your dad know you will be okay. If his time is short, then let him go having peace in his heart that his son will be fine.
    Medi
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    medi_2 said:

Hi Jerry, If there is one
    Hi Jerry, If there is one thing I've learned on my journey is that everyone looks at life (and it's ending) uniquely. I think if your dad wants to deal with a verdict of 5-6 months in his own way it is very possible that it is the way he should live it. We have all seen people so worn from chemo and radiation that you wonder how they are putting one foot in front of the other. Perhaps he doesn't see himself that way and wants to enjoy every last minute. That is his choice. And who is to say he isn't right? And who knows? Perhaps in a month or two he may decide to have treatment. If I may give some motherly advice though? (speaking as a parent)...
    When I learned I had cancer the first the first thing I thought of was my daughter. How was she going to deal with this? If I didn't make it, what would happen to her (her father died of cancer when she was 16). It was unbearable to me to think of her suffering, of not having her mother. I wanted most of all to spare her of this. Luckily she took it well, probably because of my attitude, but also she didn't want me to worry about her. Please let your dad know you will be okay. If his time is short, then let him go having peace in his heart that his son will be fine.
    Medi

oops
    OOps! It looks like the first few words of my post ended up as the subject! Sorry Jerry, I don't doubt your existence!
    Medi