"Good Liver Enzymes" in Stage IV Colon Cancer?

KFen725
KFen725 Member Posts: 108 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have a quick question here: when my mom was recently diagnosed with her Stage IV Colon Cancer, she was told that "your liver enzymes are good, so that's a good sign" by one of the doctors. The CT scan showed 1 medium-sized lesion and 2 small lesions on her liver. I am just curious - what should we take from this information about the liver enzymes? Is that a reliable indicator in regards to how well the liver is functioning or perhaps the possibility of those shrinking down with chemo?

Any information would be very helpful. Thanks so much!

Comments

• eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    I have 4 tumors on my liver
    I have 4 tumors on my liver and my liver enzymes have never been elevated. I think elevated liver enzymes are just an indication of the liver working overtime either by something temporarily affecting it or liver damage. The liver is very resilient and will take a lot before it starts to show signs of stress. I think it just means that it`s a good indicator that the liver has not suffered any severe damage.

Eric
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Don't have the answer
    I don't have the answer for you, but just wanted to say that I'm praying for your mom.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • KFen725
    KFen725 Member Posts: 108 Member
    Thanks, Gail & Eric
    Gail - thanks for the prayers! Much appreciated. We are believing for a miracle.

Eric - thanks for your personal experience. I guess that's good at least that the liver isn't working "overtime", like you said.