plural effusion painful !!!!!!!!!

nanaof7
nanaof7 Member Posts: 127
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I recently had them drain the fluid from my lung I had surgery 2 months ago, it was so painful they had to stop and only got half of the fluid. I have been told by different people including the ones that did the procedure and my dr. that it doesn't hurt then what happened????

Comments

• MichelleP
    MichelleP Member Posts: 254
    My husband had the pleural
    My husband had the pleural effusion done twice before having a chest tube. He told me that it hurt a LOT! They can partially sedate you in order to do this procedure if needed, especially if they have to stop before it's completed. That's too bad because now you'll most likely have to go back to complete the procedure. Please make sure you ask for a sedative before they try it again. Let us know how it goes please.
  • nancysue47
    nancysue47 Member Posts: 5
    painfull plueral infusion
    That is how they found my 3rd stage lung cancer. They drained 2200 cc of fluid off around my lungs. I checked into the hospital and sat on the side of the bed while they drained the fluid. I have to say I do not remember it hurting at all.

So I don't know what went wrong when you had it done.

So sorry you had pain.
  • nancysue47
    nancysue47 Member Posts: 5
    painfull plueral infusion
    That is how they found my 3rd stage lung cancer. They drained 2200 cc of fluid off around my lungs. I checked into the hospital and sat on the side of the bed while they drained the fluid. I have to say I do not remember it hurting at all.

So I don't know what went wrong when you had it done.

So sorry you had pain.