Recently diagnosed

survivinit
survivinit Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Kidney Cancer #1
I was diagnosed with two masses on my left Kidney two weeks ago. I am pretty much a workaholic and since diagnosis have been home awaiting surgery. I dont talk much to the people that are close to me and have found myself sleeping the days away. My surgery is early in August and I have had good and badd days. I have yet to tell my parents about my condition and will probably let them know this week......... Anyway this is a great site to visit.

Comments

• Rob FWNJ
    Rob FWNJ Member Posts: 20
    I am so sorry that you have joined our club. Most if not all of us have found ourselves here by accident. I watched a family member suffer through this cancer (My father 11 years ago) and now for a little over a year I have been dealing with it as well. Support from my family and friends have been an extremely import part of my recovery from diagnosis, surgery and treatment. You don’t have to battle this alone. Please let your parents know what’s going on. I’m sure it will be a shock but you will need their support more than you can imagine now. Also if you have any questions about what to expect from your upcoming surgery and follow-up treatment, please ask. If it is not something I have experienced I’m sure someone else in the network has and they will be able to share. Good luck with your surgery! Please let us know how it goes. I will be praying for you.

Sincerely,

Rob
  • BBBUNNY777
    BBBUNNY777 Member Posts: 5
    Don't give up
    Hi,

My husband had a 10 ich tumor in his left kidney they removed it and he recover very quickly. He actualy had NO pain at all even the Dr's were amazed at how well he did. He had just turned 51. Please don't keep your feelings in you need to talk about it. Have faith there are so many new treatments for RCC. My sister also had it and she had her kidney removed and she is now 8years cancer free!!!!! I will be praying for you and believe me I know what your going through. you can feel free to e mail me if you have any questions or just need to talk. BBBUNNY777@aol.com

Linda ><>
  • endis
    endis Member Posts: 1
    me too
    I agree with you- this is a great site to visit. I was told last Thursday I have a 2.5 cm mass on my left kidney. I meet with the surgeons next month for a laparoscopic partial nephrectomy. I am a 35 yr old mom of two little ones and its like I have been hit by lightning. I am not sure if this kind of thing ever really sinks in? Does it help to tell everyone and what is the best way to tell folks when I am not still not sure if its really cancer? I guess some days I feel like I am stressed out over something that could be benign. I am finding that talking to those closest to me is the most stressful part.