Things have happended quickley

looch969
looch969 Member Posts: 27
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Stage IV lung cancer mets right rib, right back & neck, I have completed my first round of chemo (I get them once every three weeks) next one will be this Tuesday. I have been extremely tired, alittle pain in my right ribs. I had reservations with my family for the 4th of July we rented hotel rooms that had windows so I could share the fireworks show without going outside, the heat makes it almost impossible for me to breathe. On the way home my breathing began to worsen so I ended up in the ER at our local hospital, they took multiple tests gave me liquids and pain meds through an IV, they also gave me oxygen. The next day I met with me lung doctor which sent me home with oxygen & cough medicine he also had me see a heart doctor which said there was some liquid around me heart but not enough to be causing major problems. I have also had a liver ultrasound which came out good.

I now only use oxygen when Im walking because it makes my food & drinks taste funny. I have lost alittle bit of my appetite but I can still eat fine, I do have bottom lip & mouth sores but I use a special mouthwash which works real good.

My doctor is waiting to see results after Tuesdays chemo treatment if I does as he wants he will continue, if not he will change it.

Hoping for the best!

Tamie

PS I am praying for each and everyone of you.

Comments

• cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Good luck!
    Good luck in your fight too! You have a winning attitude and it sounds like you are doing everything you can both to enjoy life and to take care of your body. I hope your chemo results are good!

C. Abbott
  • MichelleP
    MichelleP Member Posts: 254
    Wow Looch! Your PS about
    Wow Looch! Your PS about praying for each and everyone of us really touched me. I pray for you also dear. We need to beat this cancer...and we all need to keep a positive attitude because that is critical. My prayers are with you dear one!
  • PBJ Austin
    PBJ Austin Member Posts: 347 Member
    MichelleP said:

Wow Looch! Your PS about
    Wow Looch! Your PS about praying for each and everyone of us really touched me. I pray for you also dear. We need to beat this cancer...and we all need to keep a positive attitude because that is critical. My prayers are with you dear one!

You are all in my heart, my
    You are all in my heart, my thoughts and prayers every day. Good luck to Looch and to everyone else.