I did it...I am done with chemo!!!

VickiCO
VickiCO Member Posts: 917
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Today was my last chemo bolus and infusion. Yippee! I just hope it all takes. The nurses and techs sang and danced, presented me with a special cup and hugs all around. I couldn't drink, so they gave me champagne stickers! I gave them all special fused glass earrings. No dry eyes in the place. Even the other patients applauded and cheered.

Now this evening we go to the Relay for Life in Longmont CO. I won't be able to walk, way too wiped out, but I'll be there!

Thanks to all for your amazing support. Vicki

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Congratulations!
    Congratulations to you, Vicki. I'm so happy for you that you are completed. The best of luck going forward to you and your family. Have a nice time at the event, that will be great for you to be there and share your story.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    YOU go Girl!
    Way to go Vicki, I'm very happy for you.
    Continued good health
    -phil
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    PhillieG said:

YOU go Girl!
    Way to go Vicki, I'm very happy for you.
    Continued good health
    -phil

Excellent News
    Congrates to you!!!!! Now do something special for yourself..I had a big BBQ with all my friends,family and coworkers..It was great.....Enjoy your "new" life....Julie
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Julie 44 said:

Excellent News
    Congrates to you!!!!! Now do something special for yourself..I had a big BBQ with all my friends,family and coworkers..It was great.....Enjoy your "new" life....Julie

Congrats
    Amazing!..... congrats to you girl! Enjoy life to its fullest... you deserve it

Jennie
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583

Congrats
    Amazing!..... congrats to you girl! Enjoy life to its fullest... you deserve it

Jennie

CONGRATU FREAKIN` LATIONS
    CONGRATU FREAKIN` LATIONS !!!!!!!!!
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    WHOOPEE!
    Wonderful news!! Now go and enjoy your life and
    kick up your heels!

Huggs
    Barbara
  • christellabelle
    christellabelle Member Posts: 24
    I'm proud of you!
    I'm very happy for you:) you made it, Kuddos to you:) Now go along with your life, and have fun with it. Remember take the time to sherish everything and everyone that are so important in your life.
    Have a long and healthy life
    christelle
  • elizabethgd
    elizabethgd Member Posts: 145

I'm proud of you!
    I'm very happy for you:) you made it, Kuddos to you:) Now go along with your life, and have fun with it. Remember take the time to sherish everything and everyone that are so important in your life.
    Have a long and healthy life
    christelle

Congratulations!!! You did
    Congratulations!!! You did it.....Health and Happiness to you!!!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    WhoooHoooo
    Congratulations Vicki on your journey. That is so amazing that they did all that for you. I know that I haven't seen that in my chemo place, but I am not sure if they do that or not. I go three days in a row and I have been there for three treatments so you would think I would see something by now, but they are so good to all of us, I can't complain. I'm glad you can finally move on with your life.

Keep us posted. You definitely have to keep your support here because you are an inspiration. Thanks for your dedication and good luck.

Hugs! Kim
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

WhoooHoooo
    Congratulations Vicki on your journey. That is so amazing that they did all that for you. I know that I haven't seen that in my chemo place, but I am not sure if they do that or not. I go three days in a row and I have been there for three treatments so you would think I would see something by now, but they are so good to all of us, I can't complain. I'm glad you can finally move on with your life.

Keep us posted. You definitely have to keep your support here because you are an inspiration. Thanks for your dedication and good luck.

Hugs! Kim

Awesome!
    Wonderful news!!! I am so happy and proud of for you, you got through this! I know how emotional it must all be, even for the nurses and staff! Those gifts sounds like little treasures, and very sentimental. Best of luck in life!

Hugssss~
    ~Donna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Awesome
    Vicki,

That's so awesome. I think it's wonderful the way the staff treated you.

I also think it's really touching that your last day of chemo fell on the same day as your Relay for Life. There's a message in there, and it says, "Grab life and enjoy it!"

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Done!!
    Vicki,
    You are one strong and amazing lady! Good for you, job well done! Congrats!
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Done!!
    Vicki,
    You are one strong and amazing lady! Good for you, job well done! Congrats!
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Thanks Everyone!
    Yes, yesterday was emotional and amazing. I went home hand slept all afternoon, then went to the Relay. They had a wheelchair waiting for me so that I could do the Survivor's Lap! Amazing people I have on my team. I was able to lead the Lap. We left shortly after that, I was too tired. Tried to get dinner, but I got sick. Chemo's last Hurrah, but I am fine this morning, so I won!

I know I am not finished, just this part. But I feel so amazingly good this morning. I plan to sit on the patio and take in the flowers, and then see my Grandkids later today.

Here's to the next one on the list!

Many Hugs, Vicki
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Tht is awesome!
    I am so happy for you! You did it! Now you can focus on YOU and your family and just staying healthy.
    Linda
  • menright
    menright Member Posts: 256 Member
    Way to go
    Vicki:

Congrats on being done. NO MO CHEMO is music to my ears. Enjoy life and your family like you were meant too. The patio and flowers sounds like a nice place to begin.

Best wishes.

Mike
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    menright said:

Way to go
    Vicki:

Congrats on being done. NO MO CHEMO is music to my ears. Enjoy life and your family like you were meant too. The patio and flowers sounds like a nice place to begin.

Best wishes.

Mike

Congratulations!
    Your good news is encouraging for all of us!!!
    Congratulations!
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

Congratulations!
    Your good news is encouraging for all of us!!!
    Congratulations!

congrats
    girl im so happy for you.dont know if you read my post the onc is stopping me at 10 so i only have 2 more to go and then i can celebrate too.even with these ugly scars you betcha im gonna do the happy naked dance.Godbless....johnnybegood
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

congrats
    girl im so happy for you.dont know if you read my post the onc is stopping me at 10 so i only have 2 more to go and then i can celebrate too.even with these ugly scars you betcha im gonna do the happy naked dance.Godbless....johnnybegood

Awesome
    Wonderful news, go and be happy!
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Nana b said:

Awesome
    Wonderful news, go and be happy!

All over now........
    Sit back now and enjoy what you have earned..........we love you sweetie.....enjoy yourself, your certainly deserve it.....have a great and clear life...... :)......Clift