23 days post-op

RRMCJIM
RRMCJIM Member Posts: 149
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Well I got back my first PSA results, it has been 23 days since surgery date with Di Vinci...results were psa< 0.01..... thank God!!!! What a great feeling!!! ED is a non issue for me, incontinence is improving, only the dripping when I walk. I still use my depends, but soon hope to go to only pads. But, one day at a time, I am optimistic, however, I know it takes time to hopefully regain control. I want to thank all of you for your support, for responding to inquiries from me, for listening to my ****, whining, and concerns... Life is good, more time to watch the 9 grandkids grow up, looking forward to getting back to work, getting back on my scooter, living life. Hawaii here I come!!!! REtirement in a few more years looks promising once again... looks like I will get to enjoy all my hard work , my wife said " I never had any doubts at all"... She has been there for me every step of the way... gotta love the women in our lives...
Jim( Big Ugly Biker)

Comments

• Kentr
    Kentr Member Posts: 111
    Hooray!
    Glad to hear that Jim!
  • gkoper
    gkoper Member Posts: 173
    0 PSA
    Thats what you wanted to hear Jim...I get mine Thursday.
    Cheers,
    George
  • Olee
    Olee Member Posts: 97
    gkoper said:

0 PSA
    Thats what you wanted to hear Jim...I get mine Thursday.
    Cheers,
    George

Good News!
    Good news man, so glad to hear! I know you're glad to get that first test out of the way. I hope your recovery continues going well and you get back to enjoying life at it's fullest asap. George let us know how yours goes also.
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    Jim, I was just thinking
    Jim, I was just thinking about you last night and wondering how you were doing.
    Glad to hear the good news. Keep us and I'm sure the urinary drip will be a thing of the past for you. I'm counting down the days now till my Surgery on August 12th.

Nine Grandkids? Gee I wish I had 1. The oldest son and his wife don't plan on having any kids. My other boy is getting married the last week of September and at least they are talking about kids so I may get to enjoy one yet!

Larry
  • ismetals
    ismetals Member Posts: 69
    Olee said:

Good News!
    Good news man, so glad to hear! I know you're glad to get that first test out of the way. I hope your recovery continues going well and you get back to enjoying life at it's fullest asap. George let us know how yours goes also.

happy to hear
    Jim it's good to hear that you are doing so well. I'm sure that George and Olee will do fine also. For me it's been eight months and things are improving. With only one side sparred I knew it would take time. It sure is hard to be patient though. Incontenance is not much of a problem just have to watch the intake of the good stuff. Keep us posted you three. You could be poster kids for the next davinci commercial
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    ismetals said:

happy to hear
    Jim it's good to hear that you are doing so well. I'm sure that George and Olee will do fine also. For me it's been eight months and things are improving. With only one side sparred I knew it would take time. It sure is hard to be patient though. Incontenance is not much of a problem just have to watch the intake of the good stuff. Keep us posted you three. You could be poster kids for the next davinci commercial

ismetals...My doctor told me
    ismetals...My doctor told me they may have to take one of my nerve bundles but won't know until surgery on August 12th. I'm assuming from your post then that sexual functioning has not returned as you would like?
    Larry
  • RRMCJIM
    RRMCJIM Member Posts: 149
    lewvino said:

ismetals...My doctor told me they may have to take one of my nerve bundles but won't know until surgery on August 12th. I'm assuming from your post then that sexual functioning has not returned as you would like?
    Larry

Thanks
    Thank you all, it was a great feeling, and a load off my mind. Keep us informed how yours goes this thursday George.... I do have to watch what I eat and drink tho, spicy foods, milk , and my beloved Pepsi....trying to get use to decaf....the fight goes on...lol
    Jim
  • ismetals
    ismetals Member Posts: 69
    lewvino said:

Larry

a glimmer of hope
    Larry, It has been about eight months since my operation. Only one side was spared and it seems like with more time it will be enough. With sufficient stimulation I can get things working. All three brands of pills don't weem to help much. Alcohol is a deffinite no no.
    It takes me right out of the game. Good luck with your op and hope that he can save both sides.
    Gary
  • shubbysr
    shubbysr Member Posts: 87
    PSA , 0.1
    Hooray! 3 Cheers for Jim! Good for you!
    I now have renewed hope for myself. It has been 2 months & 3 days since my surgery. I am a bit better at times and sometimes not. Keep on Kegelin!

Jim (shubbysr)
  • shipjim
    shipjim Member Posts: 137 Member
    Post of news
    Great news, after almost 3.5 yrs my psa is still less than .01. Minor leakeage also still impotent but a minor problem considering. I have 6 grandkids and one due in a month that's what it's all about for me now. Presently my wife and I are in So. Colorado for the summer and I'm getting lots of flyfishing in (just fishing no fish to speak of). You're doing great keep after remember each day we get to look at the green side of the grass not the roots.jj