hansie

nanaof7
nanaof7 Member Posts: 127
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
just wondering did she receive any treatment has she survived with just smoking, i will never understand this disease I quit 23 years ago and I am 2 1/2 weeks out of surgery yet my husband keeps smoking you would think that after seeing what I have gone threw he would quit

Comments

• MichelleP
    MichelleP Member Posts: 254
    Nana
    My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. He had quit smoking over 2 years ago. I did not quit and still haven't. I see what he is going through and it scares me to death yet the stress of being a full time caregiver makes it impossible to quit right now. I am taking medication to help reduce the smoking and yes I will indeed quit, but I just can't right now.
  • nanaof7
    nanaof7 Member Posts: 127
    MichelleP said:

Nana
    My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. He had quit smoking over 2 years ago. I did not quit and still haven't. I see what he is going through and it scares me to death yet the stress of being a full time caregiver makes it impossible to quit right now. I am taking medication to help reduce the smoking and yes I will indeed quit, but I just can't right now.

smoking
    I understand that it is very hard to quit it took my sister dying of lung cancer to get me to quit she was a stage 4 and lived 3 months after being diagnosed it was very painful to see what she went thru but hers had spread everywhere and this was along time ago they have come a long way since then you and your husband are in my prayers as you can see people with even stage 4 live long good lives,this discussion board has given me so much help stay strong and hang in there.
  • hansie
    hansie Member Posts: 37
    yes... barb started with
    yes... barb started with carboplatin/ eposide or however you spell it...rad to primary tumor in chest, pci preventative... then new growth in lymph nodes in neck, switched to topotecan,neck area radiated.Then new chest tumor growth, changed to navelbine,more radiation to chest...now on 4th line i forget name...
  • Greggriggs
    Greggriggs Member Posts: 132
    He will
    Hope you are ok.
    My wife smoked for almost two years after my surgery.
    She quit so just keep hopeing
    Greg