Halfway there 6th down....

2»

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    JR said:

#7 Yesterday
    Donna,
    It sounds like were on the same schedule. Chemo on Wed. and pump off on Friday. My #7 experience was much different than #6. It wasn't good. I had a different nurse than usual and that may have made the difference. After my anti-nausia drugs and the Advantin they hung the Oxi and the Leucovorin. I noticed about twenty minuts into the drip that the Leucovorin was not dripping. I called the nurse over and she got it started. She said that she would turn up the speed to catch up with the Oxi. About 5 minuts later I felt a BM coming on so I went to the restroom. Sat down anf felt like I was about to vomit. I stood and turned and lost my breakfast. Did it again about three minuts later. Sat back down and had my BM (which wasn't pleasant, if you know what I mean. While this was going on I was sweating profusely and my whole body was turning bright red and my heart pounding like crazy. I made it back to the infusion room and call the nurse over. She about s--t when she saw me. She ran and got the Dr.s and they stopped the drips and gave me Benadril. About an hour later everything was okay and they finished the infusion. Don't let this experience of mine scare you, It won't happen to you. I think that the nurse screwed up with the Med's.

I had not been sick (pukeing) up to this point and I really don't expect it to happen any more. PM me after your 7th infusion. I'm interested to hear about it.

We can take anything this lousey chemo can dish out. Right.

Take Care,

John

John!
    Yes, sure sounds like we;re on the same schedule, but I can do this, i hope, I get scared when I start feeling bad, I will definitely let you know how my 7th goes, I bet it gets worse! I'm dreading it, but I want to do this, and just get it over with.

You sure sounded like you had a hard time, sorry that experience of yours was bad, hopefully the 8th will be better...try taking Immodium ad the night before you go, or even the day you go before the treatment, so that it's already working in your system by the time you have to go..I take Immodium everyday now to cut down on that diarrhea, and it does help me. I hope you sure don't get sick next time, sounds like the nurse didn't know what she was doing, I don't like getting getting new nurses, so I usually do end up with the same nurses know me anyway, they know I'll get them in a laughing mood, we like to mock each other lol!!

Hugssss!
    Donna
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Shayenne said:

YES!
    Home health nurse just disconnected me, I always feel better without that thing, my new kittens were having a field day trying to get my habing tubes from it, I had to roll it up as small as I can get it, but I can now take a shower, and look forward to my daughters softball game tonight if I'm not too tired.

Yeah, I mock my daughter out with the gagging sounds, sometimes I'll fake like I"m puking just to get a rise out of her and get her to gag with me LOL

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

LOL
    Your to funny, good luck on the game tonight, hope you get to make it and your feeling good. It sure was so much fun getting to talk to you today. I really enjoyed it. We will have to continue on another day. I added a little note to the Christmas card post you did, hope you dont mind.

Talk to you soon
    Beth
  • Shayenne
    dorookie said:

LOL
    Your to funny, good luck on the game tonight, hope you get to make it and your feeling good. It sure was so much fun getting to talk to you today. I really enjoyed it. We will have to continue on another day. I added a little note to the Christmas card post you did, hope you dont mind.

Talk to you soon
    Beth

Same here!
    I'm here anytime you need to talk, and thanks for helping with the list, you can add as many notes to the post as you want! it's yours as well! My daughter won her game, and I took her to Dairy Queen where my oldest works at, so I'm here having a mocha moolate, so delicious!!

Hugssss to you!
    ~Donna
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Shayenne said:

Same here!
    I'm here anytime you need to talk, and thanks for helping with the list, you can add as many notes to the post as you want! it's yours as well! My daughter won her game, and I took her to Dairy Queen where my oldest works at, so I'm here having a mocha moolate, so delicious!!

Hugssss to you!
    ~Donna

Great Way to GO
    I sure do miss those days, I think I have the empty nest syndrome, I want her to be a little kid again, not someone having a kid....Nut I know once that baby gets here its all over. I am so excited and Thank God for this wonderful little baby that is growing inside my daughter.

BTW DQ ROCKS!!!!

Beth
  • Shayenne
    dorookie said:

Great Way to GO
    I sure do miss those days, I think I have the empty nest syndrome, I want her to be a little kid again, not someone having a kid....Nut I know once that baby gets here its all over. I am so excited and Thank God for this wonderful little baby that is growing inside my daughter.

BTW DQ ROCKS!!!!

Beth

You Will...
    ...Soon you'll be spoiling that baby to the max, she's going to have an awesome nana! (I used to call my grandma "Nanny", and told my kids I'd rather be called that too LOL)

The time will be here quickly, and I can relate to the empty nest, my oldest will be wanting to move out soon, she'll be 19 next month and is talking about maybe getting an apartment with her friend, but I'll miss her, and will be so worried about her out there. We just got her car on the road, and it's scary even having her drive, she makes me a nervous wreck in that car LOL...I have 4 kids though, so the empty nest won't happen for awhile, I wish they'd just stay small and innocent forever!

I love DQ too, she has fun making those ice cream treats :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • shoppergal
    shoppergal Member Posts: 118
    Shayenne said:

Oooops!!!
    That was a date typo! My 7th treatment is on June 24 at 8:00 a.m., then I get another CT Scan on July 1, my 14th wedding anniversary! July 8 is my next doctor appointment where she will tell me about the scans, hopefully the chemo is still working, and I don't know where I got that July 10 date..I haven't slept since yesterday, so I just now took a valium, and an ativan, and it's making me feel nice :) I think I will sleep good tonight.

I have great insurance for prescriptions, even for oxy and morphine, I only pay then 20 bucks for it, and the insurance pays the rest, and they go for like 200-300 bucks here.

Sherrie, I'm going to try the advil PM, or maybe Motrin, I love Motrin, and it helps any kinds of aches and pains I have, I wonder if they have a Motrin PM. My hubby was able to get some Ambien from his doctor once, and I tried it, and they actually didn't work for us, we didn't fall on it.

I hate the dry heeves!! they hurt! I crack up at my daughter though, anytime she hears someone yak, she covers her mouth because the noise of it just makes her starts gagging so we have some with her, I'll pretend I'm losing it just to get that reaction out of her..putting her hand over mouth, and gagging herself LOL...she's so funny.

Feeling lousy?
    Donna, I'm sorry that you have been thru so much. You must have a stronger system than you think, with all the meds that you're on and you still feel like you're on a cocaine binge? If I was just on a quarter of what you're on,I would be knocked out completely LOL
    I was wondering though about the morphine you take because alot of times that makes you nauseous,so maybe you should try something else.

I never had the energy that you have, I wish I did,I was the complete opposite. But ther were times that I had problems sleeping, so I was told I could take a Benedril or one of the PM's. If all of that doesn't help, I suggest that instead of just 2hits, do the whole thing. I will make you relax and once you relax sleep comes next!!

John, what you describe, happened to me also, except for the bm. I thought that I was dying because I never felt that way during chemo. It turned out that it was an allegic reaction to the chemo, so I had to take Benedril and steroids before each chemo.That helpd but after I got "unhooked" from my 48hr infusion, I hated the way the steroids made me feel,and that lasted for 2 days.

Good Luck to all of you still on chemo.I know you feel like you can't keep it up,but you're all stronger than you think, and you can do it. :-)