Halfway there 6th down....

Shayenne
Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
This time I was really tasting it, since I had mouth sores, my onc didn't do the Bolus push, and laucoverin is it?? she had me just do the Avastin, Irinotecan, and the 5fu pump, which will come off tomorrow thank god...

I was feeling more of a gagging sensation, and I am on Emend, Dexamethasone, Zofran and Compazine, I haven't puked or anything yet, it is passing, do they maybe up the dosages on the anti meds when it gets like that??

I haven't even slept yet...I've been up since 5:30 a.m. yesterday, laid down abit for a couple hours, and I been on the go ever since cleaning, and eveything, I got my air conditioner fixed, but I feel so "wide awake" for some reason! I ate, what I could...but is it going to get worse???

Eww, I don't want to ever have a vomiting session, that would scare me, I mean what comes up?? the chemo?? does it burn? I will be doing number 7 on July 10, and now I'm getting nervous with this accumulation..this was the first time I even had mouth sores!

Between my hair going, nausea, being awake for 2 days, even taken ativan and xanex, I am still completely wide awake! I feel like I been on a cocaine binge or something, what's with all the energy, even though I'm talking nonsense at time and very sluggish words, I must say.

Maybe I need to hit the ole maryjane more then just 2 hits a day, I may need the whole thing soon LOL...

OK, just wanted to rant and know what you're all talking about when it comes to accumulation, I didn't think the nausea would get worse though, I hate that!

Hugsss to all who have made the whole 12 rounds, I'm starting to get doubts in my mind with this. I'm getting scared getting into the second half.

~Donna

Comments

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Hi Donna,if you can't fall
    Hi Donna,if you can't fall asleep for such a long time,please call your doctors,let them know,they may be able to do something to help you.Hopefully you will get over of this very soon.Good luck to you!
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member

Hi Donna,if you can't fall asleep for such a long time,please call your doctors,let them know,they may be able to do something to help you.Hopefully you will get over of this very soon.Good luck to you!

Oh Donna...
    You'll be just fine girl! You've come to the half way point, and you've been through SO much! You're much stronger than I was ever! I only got nauseous, never tossed my cookies - oh wait - there were no cookies to toss! Got the mouth sores one time, that was it. As for the sleeplessness - I took an advil PM, doc said that was fine and it worked for me. By the end though I was taking vicodin for the leg cramps, and funny thing was between that and the steroids I was cleaning everything also, felt like superwoman with a fanny pack!

Just keep trucking on - it wasn't that long ago when I was saying I was at number 6, half way, and didn't think I could take anymore, and I said that at 7, 8, 9 .....and I made it! It'll be over and done before you know it!
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Nausea.....
    Sounds like your chemo is really doing its job and thats the way to think about it....If you feel pukey(sp) then let her rip....I always felt better afterwards and no little spiders aren't going to run out or anything.....just kiddin'...sincerely lay down and you will go to sleep...and if ya gotta go by all means go, it doesn't feel good to hold it back...I always just decided that I was getting better because I felt so bad with chemo...It is true though, you fight fire with fire........it will all be better soon and you know this will end in a few days...hang in there sis, you can do this..... {{{{{hugs}}}}}
  • Shayenne

Thanks! I should...
    What is your name by the way fight for your love?

I sometimes am awake alot do to the "flushing" of the chemo out of my system, I been drinking alot of water and trying to pee out as fast as it goes in, so I can feel better hopefully by tomorrow, it's just weird, I never had the problem of falling asleep, and I did once ask for Ambien, but my onc isn't into prescribing things for sleep, she tries to keep me off as much prescriptions as possible, to save my liver, she just took me off the Percocets that I was using since my surgery, because it has Tylenol in it, and she said Tylenol was bad for the liver as well, so I am still on my morphine and Oxicotin, but not too crazy about the morphine, I may ask for Codeine instead.

I guess I'm just going to lay down and try to watch TV, my ankles are all swollen again, so time to put them back up, she thinks I'm doing too much, and resting enough, which is true, I like being on the go, and hate just feeling lazy in bed at times while my hubby and kids clean and cook.. I just try to not feel so useless.
  • Shayenne

Oh Donna...
    You'll be just fine girl! You've come to the half way point, and you've been through SO much! You're much stronger than I was ever! I only got nauseous, never tossed my cookies - oh wait - there were no cookies to toss! Got the mouth sores one time, that was it. As for the sleeplessness - I took an advil PM, doc said that was fine and it worked for me. By the end though I was taking vicodin for the leg cramps, and funny thing was between that and the steroids I was cleaning everything also, felt like superwoman with a fanny pack!

Just keep trucking on - it wasn't that long ago when I was saying I was at number 6, half way, and didn't think I could take anymore, and I said that at 7, 8, 9 .....and I made it! It'll be over and done before you know it!

Sherrie....
    I hope it doesn't get worse then this, but you're right, if I almost died once and ended up in ICU, I can do this, I was just always wondering what did come out, and if the chemo came out of your mouth when you puked?

I just want it over now, it's taking so long...here I am whining...I'll stop now.
  • Shayenne
    Buzzard said:

Nausea.....
    Sounds like your chemo is really doing its job and thats the way to think about it....If you feel pukey(sp) then let her rip....I always felt better afterwards and no little spiders aren't going to run out or anything.....just kiddin'...sincerely lay down and you will go to sleep...and if ya gotta go by all means go, it doesn't feel good to hold it back...I always just decided that I was getting better because I felt so bad with chemo...It is true though, you fight fire with fire........it will all be better soon and you know this will end in a few days...hang in there sis, you can do this..... {{{{{hugs}}}}}

That sounds
    about right!! You had a really sensitive stomach, I was always just curious if it was harmful having it come out of your mouth, like the chemo coming up, if you had nothing to puke, like I was telling Sherrie, it was just a scary thought, I can do this, I can do this, hopefully with no more setbacks, I will get there...thanks for those positive vibes!

Hugsssss bro!
    ~Donna
  • JR
    JR Member Posts: 139 Member
    Shayenne said:

That sounds
    about right!! You had a really sensitive stomach, I was always just curious if it was harmful having it come out of your mouth, like the chemo coming up, if you had nothing to puke, like I was telling Sherrie, it was just a scary thought, I can do this, I can do this, hopefully with no more setbacks, I will get there...thanks for those positive vibes!

Hugsssss bro!
    ~Donna

#7 Yesterday
    Donna,
    It sounds like were on the same schedule. Chemo on Wed. and pump off on Friday. My #7 experience was much different than #6. It wasn't good. I had a different nurse than usual and that may have made the difference. After my anti-nausia drugs and the Advantin they hung the Oxi and the Leucovorin. I noticed about twenty minuts into the drip that the Leucovorin was not dripping. I called the nurse over and she got it started. She said that she would turn up the speed to catch up with the Oxi. About 5 minuts later I felt a BM coming on so I went to the restroom. Sat down anf felt like I was about to vomit. I stood and turned and lost my breakfast. Did it again about three minuts later. Sat back down and had my BM (which wasn't pleasant, if you know what I mean. While this was going on I was sweating profusely and my whole body was turning bright red and my heart pounding like crazy. I made it back to the infusion room and call the nurse over. She about s--t when she saw me. She ran and got the Dr.s and they stopped the drips and gave me Benadril. About an hour later everything was okay and they finished the infusion. Don't let this experience of mine scare you, It won't happen to you. I think that the nurse screwed up with the Med's.

I had not been sick (pukeing) up to this point and I really don't expect it to happen any more. PM me after your 7th infusion. I'm interested to hear about it.

We can take anything this lousey chemo can dish out. Right.

Take Care,

John
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Treatment
    Good for you that you are half way there. They has to be a relief somewhat even though you felt sick to your tummy. Someone told me, I think it was Kimby, that it doesn't go into your tummy and just goes through your system since it goes into your port and into a vein, not into your stomach directly. I say that because I asked about my need in drinking a lot of water and wondered if I was just peeing all the chemo out. So I'm not sure if you would be throwing it up. I'm sorry you are feeling sick though. It's not fun and I know you have been struggling to put weight back on so this is the last thing you need. Hopefully, your appetite won't be affected.

As far as being up for long periods of time, when I have my chemo I get infusions two days in a row of steroids so I only get 10-12 hours of sleep in 3 days. I don't have the burst of energy like you have, wish I did, but I feel like my eyes are being held up with toothpicks and my mind just races so I can't sleep. I even take an ambien and it only last for about 2 1/2 hours then I'm up watching Rosanne or TV land for hours 3 days in a row.

I just called my doctor yesterday to prescribe some Ambien CR to see if that would help better, but only wanted 2 pills to see if it worked. I thought my co-pay as $60 for that because it is name brand. Stopped at pharmacy after to check on what my insurance would pay and they said none. A 30 day supply is $200. I'm thinking the weed surely would be a lot cheaper than that and it would make me calmer. $200 - that is such a rip off.

Good luck on your remaining treatments. One more thing, why are you waiting until July 10 for number 7, is it because of your blood counts? Just curious as I thought you were every other Wednesday.

Feel better soon.

Hugs! Kim
  • daydreamer110761
    Shayenne said:

That sounds

Hugsssss bro!
    ~Donna

If you have
    nothing in there, then nothing really comes out - sort of dry heaves. Chemo isn;t going to come out.

And I still swear by the Advil PM. Much cheaper than Ambien. I had headaches and leg/foot/hand cramps tho. However...the active ingredient that makes you sleep is dyphenhydramine - Benadryl - it works! (o and stops itchies if you have them too).

Buzz - was wondering if that was where all the spiders in my bathroom came from...lol!

Donna - I am so used to doing everything that it was very hard for me to let Nick do anything for me, or Sandy when she was here. They pounded it in my head that sometimes you just have to let it go. When my daughter got here it was the first time I had ever seen her fold laundry, vacume or do dishes! (what a blessing that she knows how!). I have to honestly say, however, that now that the chemo is over, I'm back to myself, and I really miss the spoiling - I didn't get used to it, but I sure miss it when it's gone! It will all be fine!
  • Shayenne

Treatment
    Good for you that you are half way there. They has to be a relief somewhat even though you felt sick to your tummy. Someone told me, I think it was Kimby, that it doesn't go into your tummy and just goes through your system since it goes into your port and into a vein, not into your stomach directly. I say that because I asked about my need in drinking a lot of water and wondered if I was just peeing all the chemo out. So I'm not sure if you would be throwing it up. I'm sorry you are feeling sick though. It's not fun and I know you have been struggling to put weight back on so this is the last thing you need. Hopefully, your appetite won't be affected.

As far as being up for long periods of time, when I have my chemo I get infusions two days in a row of steroids so I only get 10-12 hours of sleep in 3 days. I don't have the burst of energy like you have, wish I did, but I feel like my eyes are being held up with toothpicks and my mind just races so I can't sleep. I even take an ambien and it only last for about 2 1/2 hours then I'm up watching Rosanne or TV land for hours 3 days in a row.

I just called my doctor yesterday to prescribe some Ambien CR to see if that would help better, but only wanted 2 pills to see if it worked. I thought my co-pay as $60 for that because it is name brand. Stopped at pharmacy after to check on what my insurance would pay and they said none. A 30 day supply is $200. I'm thinking the weed surely would be a lot cheaper than that and it would make me calmer. $200 - that is such a rip off.

Good luck on your remaining treatments. One more thing, why are you waiting until July 10 for number 7, is it because of your blood counts? Just curious as I thought you were every other Wednesday.

Feel better soon.

Hugs! Kim

Oooops!!!
    That was a date typo! My 7th treatment is on June 24 at 8:00 a.m., then I get another CT Scan on July 1, my 14th wedding anniversary! July 8 is my next doctor appointment where she will tell me about the scans, hopefully the chemo is still working, and I don't know where I got that July 10 date..I haven't slept since yesterday, so I just now took a valium, and an ativan, and it's making me feel nice :) I think I will sleep good tonight.

I have great insurance for prescriptions, even for oxy and morphine, I only pay then 20 bucks for it, and the insurance pays the rest, and they go for like 200-300 bucks here.

Sherrie, I'm going to try the advil PM, or maybe Motrin, I love Motrin, and it helps any kinds of aches and pains I have, I wonder if they have a Motrin PM. My hubby was able to get some Ambien from his doctor once, and I tried it, and they actually didn't work for us, we didn't fall on it.

I hate the dry heeves!! they hurt! I crack up at my daughter though, anytime she hears someone yak, she covers her mouth because the noise of it just makes her starts gagging so we have some with her, I'll pretend I'm losing it just to get that reaction out of her..putting her hand over mouth, and gagging herself LOL...she's so funny.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I'm sorry
    Donna,

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with this treatment. I hope it gets better soon!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Shayenne said:

Oooops!!!
    That was a date typo! My 7th treatment is on June 24 at 8:00 a.m., then I get another CT Scan on July 1, my 14th wedding anniversary! July 8 is my next doctor appointment where she will tell me about the scans, hopefully the chemo is still working, and I don't know where I got that July 10 date..I haven't slept since yesterday, so I just now took a valium, and an ativan, and it's making me feel nice :) I think I will sleep good tonight.

I have great insurance for prescriptions, even for oxy and morphine, I only pay then 20 bucks for it, and the insurance pays the rest, and they go for like 200-300 bucks here.

Sherrie, I'm going to try the advil PM, or maybe Motrin, I love Motrin, and it helps any kinds of aches and pains I have, I wonder if they have a Motrin PM. My hubby was able to get some Ambien from his doctor once, and I tried it, and they actually didn't work for us, we didn't fall on it.

I hate the dry heeves!! they hurt! I crack up at my daughter though, anytime she hears someone yak, she covers her mouth because the noise of it just makes her starts gagging so we have some with her, I'll pretend I'm losing it just to get that reaction out of her..putting her hand over mouth, and gagging herself LOL...she's so funny.

Your so baddd......
    Making your own daughter gag ...Thats just...............

hiliarious...............LOL :)
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    You are half way there
    Donna, sorry you are having a rough time. The not sleeping is most likely from the Dexamethasone. They give John Decadron ( not sure of the spelling) anyway it is a steroid and it makes some people stay awake. I have MS and have been blasted so many times I can't count them all. At one point I was awake for six days. Nothing the doctor gave me to sleep worked. You should tell your onc about not sleeping though.They may want to cut the dose a bit.
    I would clean my house and do crafts and write letters. John said he was affraid he would wake up and find the house all painted.LOL
    You will make it. Everyone here is pulling for you.You hang in. Try to get some sleep.
    Paula G.
  • pasgirl
    pasgirl Member Posts: 29
    I am praying for you and
    I am praying for you and hope you get some sleep soon!
  • Shayenne
    Buzzard said:

Your so baddd......

It...
    ...makes me laugh just watching her, her and her sympathetitic gagging sounds...LOL
  • daydreamer110761
    Buzzard said:

Your so baddd......

me too
    My daughter does the same thing - love to get her on purpose!
  • Shayenne
    pasgirl said:

I am praying for you and
    I am praying for you and hope you get some sleep soon!

Thanks you all!
    I slept like a baby last, and feel much better, and you're right about the dexamethasone, someone told me in the chemo room that she gained weight from it as well, so that's why I'm probably eating alot of junk, but the doctor was glad I gained 5 lbs, she was worried about me wasting away, and I needed weight for this chemo, I was taking 2 dexamethason, which I may just take 1 now for tonight, I get unhooked today! yay!! I love getting unhooked, I get so sick of lugging this pack around after awhile.

Thanks and Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Shayenne said:

Thanks you all!
    I slept like a baby last, and feel much better, and you're right about the dexamethasone, someone told me in the chemo room that she gained weight from it as well, so that's why I'm probably eating alot of junk, but the doctor was glad I gained 5 lbs, she was worried about me wasting away, and I needed weight for this chemo, I was taking 2 dexamethason, which I may just take 1 now for tonight, I get unhooked today! yay!! I love getting unhooked, I get so sick of lugging this pack around after awhile.

Thanks and Hugssss!
    ~Donna

Dexamethasone
    is a steroid. Steroids make you gain weight and keep you awake! And don't worry about puking chemo...it is administered into your bloodstream, not your tummy. So it twirls throughout your blood system, and out your kidneys...thus the need for 'flushing'! LOL!

Hang in there sweetie...you will make it through. Look at you, making fun of your daughter!

Many hugs, Vicki
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Shayenne said:

Thanks you all!

Thanks and Hugssss!
    ~Donna

Hi Donna,I am glad to hear
    Hi Donna,I am glad to hear that you slept like a baby last night.I knew you could make it because I believe you are a strong lady.And I am happy for you that you get unhooked today,anyway take good care of yourself,everything will be fine with you.Lots of hugs!
  • Shayenne

Hi Donna,I am glad to hear
    Hi Donna,I am glad to hear that you slept like a baby last night.I knew you could make it because I believe you are a strong lady.And I am happy for you that you get unhooked today,anyway take good care of yourself,everything will be fine with you.Lots of hugs!

YES!
    Home health nurse just disconnected me, I always feel better without that thing, my new kittens were having a field day trying to get my habing tubes from it, I had to roll it up as small as I can get it, but I can now take a shower, and look forward to my daughters softball game tonight if I'm not too tired.

Yeah, I mock my daughter out with the gagging sounds, sometimes I'll fake like I"m puking just to get a rise out of her and get her to gag with me LOL

Hugsss!
    ~Donna