looking for a Strenght.

Hi.. im a cancer patient. ive been diagnosed cervical cancer stage IV-A.. im looking for someone who survives this case, and someone who understand my feelings. actually last april i had a radical hysteretomy. and it wa sussesful. that time is still stage IIA. but after that surgery.. the cell spread on my neck. had some test we find out its also positive for cancer cells. so it turn to Stage IV-a. as of now. im still undergo on chemotheraphy. i hve now 11 cyles. pls if someone to share your stories to me. to have my own strenght.thanks god bless.
add my ym. kathryn_xvi@yahoo.com

Comments

• beckyracn
    beckyracn Member Posts: 322
    Hang in there!
    Hi Kathy...sorry to here you are going through another round of treatments! I am a survivor of stage IVA cervical cancer. I was declared in remission Dec. '08. It's been a long hard road, but I am a SURVIVOR! I hope you have a good support team around you...that's so important. I'm still having numerous difficulties from the treatments. I do what I can on my good days and just get through the bad ones. Accepting my new 'normal' life has been the hardest for me. I have accepted the fact that I will never be the super multitasker I once was and I tire very easily. But I am a live and that's the important thing. Look forward to more posts from you!
  • kathydoneza
    kathydoneza Member Posts: 5
    beckyracn said:

Hang in there!
    Hi Kathy...sorry to here you are going through another round of treatments! I am a survivor of stage IVA cervical cancer. I was declared in remission Dec. '08. It's been a long hard road, but I am a SURVIVOR! I hope you have a good support team around you...that's so important. I'm still having numerous difficulties from the treatments. I do what I can on my good days and just get through the bad ones. Accepting my new 'normal' life has been the hardest for me. I have accepted the fact that I will never be the super multitasker I once was and I tire very easily. But I am a live and that's the important thing. Look forward to more posts from you!

about the treatments
    did your hair loss too? and every time i have chemo,, im suffering in pain(leg pain). did you feel it too? i have 4 more cycles of chemo. then next to radiation. actually i realy have no idea bout the radiation.what the symptoms after the radiation? but you know.. i thank god too coz i have 3 daughters now. i dont wanna see my suffer.thank you for sharing your story. i hope i have a a strenght to pursue this kind of treatments. i wanna be like you.thanks. =)
  • beckyracn

about the treatments
    did your hair loss too? and every time i have chemo,, im suffering in pain(leg pain). did you feel it too? i have 4 more cycles of chemo. then next to radiation. actually i realy have no idea bout the radiation.what the symptoms after the radiation? but you know.. i thank god too coz i have 3 daughters now. i dont wanna see my suffer.thank you for sharing your story. i hope i have a a strenght to pursue this kind of treatments. i wanna be like you.thanks. =)

No, I did not have hair
    No, I did not have hair loss. The chemo I had was Cisplatin and generally you don't loose your hair (I learned this after I had all my hair cut off and donated it to locks of love...it went to a good cause and it always grows back). You WILL find the strength within you to get through all this. I had, concurrently, 10 chemo...33 external radiation...and at the end 5 internal radiation. With radiation I experienced alot of GI distress (bloating, diarrhea, etc.) and fatigue. I had a large field of radiation because of the mets to my abdominal lymph nodes. I lost 20#, but since have regained some of it. I also had a lot of leg pain from the combination...it's because your body is trying to make white blood cells. I did loose my pelvic hair due to the radiation. Nausea hit me hard, but the docs finally found a combination that worked for me after a few weeks...it never went away, but was decreased. I have continued to have complications since the treatments stopped...the radiation caused scar tissue and in turn I experience intermittent small bowel obstructions, nausea and vomiting, constipation...and fatigue. Most likely you will have vaginal scar tissue build up...they will give you a dilator when your treatments are done to help keep this minimal. Everyone has their own experince to tell...and we all keep pushing on. I now have a new 'normal'. I know I will never be the person I was once...to much has happened, but I don't let that get in my way. On my good days, I try to fit too much in...but that's me...and I pay for it the next day. On my bad days...I rest a lot. Even though it's still hard, I have learned to ask for help instead of acting bullheaded and getting all frustrated.
    Remember to take all of this in one day at a time...you'll be surprised how fast it will go by...and YOU CAN DO THIS!
    HUGS
  • kathydoneza
    beckyracn said:

No, I did not have hair
    No, I did not have hair loss. The chemo I had was Cisplatin and generally you don't loose your hair (I learned this after I had all my hair cut off and donated it to locks of love...it went to a good cause and it always grows back). You WILL find the strength within you to get through all this. I had, concurrently, 10 chemo...33 external radiation...and at the end 5 internal radiation. With radiation I experienced alot of GI distress (bloating, diarrhea, etc.) and fatigue. I had a large field of radiation because of the mets to my abdominal lymph nodes. I lost 20#, but since have regained some of it. I also had a lot of leg pain from the combination...it's because your body is trying to make white blood cells. I did loose my pelvic hair due to the radiation. Nausea hit me hard, but the docs finally found a combination that worked for me after a few weeks...it never went away, but was decreased. I have continued to have complications since the treatments stopped...the radiation caused scar tissue and in turn I experience intermittent small bowel obstructions, nausea and vomiting, constipation...and fatigue. Most likely you will have vaginal scar tissue build up...they will give you a dilator when your treatments are done to help keep this minimal. Everyone has their own experince to tell...and we all keep pushing on. I now have a new 'normal'. I know I will never be the person I was once...to much has happened, but I don't let that get in my way. On my good days, I try to fit too much in...but that's me...and I pay for it the next day. On my bad days...I rest a lot. Even though it's still hard, I have learned to ask for help instead of acting bullheaded and getting all frustrated.
    Remember to take all of this in one day at a time...you'll be surprised how fast it will go by...and YOU CAN DO THIS!
    HUGS

thank you.
    yes,, i had that cisplatin when i was on stage II last march. and i did not have hair loss too. But now i had carboplatin on chemo.still ongoing. may next session is on 23 this june.
  • bunnie1
    bunnie1 Member Posts: 21

thank you.
    yes,, i had that cisplatin when i was on stage II last march. and i did not have hair loss too. But now i had carboplatin on chemo.still ongoing. may next session is on 23 this june.

Hello Kathy, you will be okay just stay positive. I too, was diagnosed with cervical cancer stage IV last May. I'm in remission now. I had surgery, chemo, and radiation. I was given cisplatin and all my hair fell out by the second treatment. I can tell you from experience radiation treatments are very harsh. I was in a lot of pain, feeling sick all the time. I now have side effects to deal with. But I survived!!! and you will too. God bless
  • beckyracn
    bunnie1 said:

Hello Kathy, you will be okay just stay positive. I too, was diagnosed with cervical cancer stage IV last May. I'm in remission now. I had surgery, chemo, and radiation. I was given cisplatin and all my hair fell out by the second treatment. I can tell you from experience radiation treatments are very harsh. I was in a lot of pain, feeling sick all the time. I now have side effects to deal with. But I survived!!! and you will too. God bless

Hey Kathy...how are you
    Hey Kathy...how are you doing? I don't know anything about reoccurrance cause I was a stage IV right from the get go...mets to pelvic/abdominal lymph nodes and bladder. I was lucky that the treatments worked the first time...very fearful knowing that the chances of it coming back are very high. Keep hanging in there young lady! :) It's a rollercoaster ride none of us wish we were on, but we are and we've got to stick together! We can do this!!
  • kathydoneza
    bunnie1 said:

=)
    thank you bunnie1 for sharing. yes i can do this. now i know im not the only person who suffer this treatment. and diagnosed as cervical cancer. as of now.. my hair loss now.. but its ok.. coz my family gave me a wig.lol! anyways,,thanks guys.. i have faith now and ful of strenght to fight this kind of cancer. i must win this fight. for my family. god bless.