Celebrate Good Times!!

deanna14
deanna14 Member Posts: 732
edited March 2014 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes... they worked. I was able to get my 6th and final chemo treatment and as of tomorrow when I get my Neulasta injection I will be finished with this original plan of treatment.
It is an amazing relief and a little scary at the same time. For almost a year now, we have been doing something all of the time to fight this cancer and now we will just begin monitoring our results. Amazing and unnerving all at once. Life is wonderful and a lot of positive things have come of this trying situation... and definately will never be the same.
I plan to enjoy every moment that I am given with my family and friends on this earth, no matter how long that is. I have done everything that I have been advised to do by the experts and now I give the rest to my Saviour...
Today after my treatment we all had a little celebration. There is a bell in the lobby of the cancer center to ring at the completion of treatment. It is meant to mark the beginning of the new life of the cancer survivor. We shared tears and hugs... those chemo nurses are amazing and I don't know how they do what they do every day. They are truly angels on earth!
I feel very humbled and thankful today. I breath a sigh of relief and thank God for every day of my life....
Hugs to all. May we all stay strong and well!Thanks for all of you for always being here. I hope you know how amazing you are.

Comments

• lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    yes! Yes! YES!! I am soooooo HAPPY for you!!!
    How wonderful!! Just the Neulasta shot, and you don't need a blood transfusion or 'safety' monitoring for a couple of weeks or anything? One shot and you're D-O-N-E ??! Every day getting stronger, feeling better! No doctors appointments to work around! A healthy woman with hair coming in and eyelashes to paint and legs to shave and a happy LIFE to live!!

WOOOO! WOOOO! I couldn't be happier for you! I love you, girl!

:D
  • barb55
    barb55 Member Posts: 91

How wonderful!! Just the Neulasta shot, and you don't need a blood transfusion or 'safety' monitoring for a couple of weeks or anything? One shot and you're D-O-N-E ??! Every day getting stronger, feeling better! No doctors appointments to work around! A healthy woman with hair coming in and eyelashes to paint and legs to shave and a happy LIFE to live!!

YIPPEE!
    I am so happy for you. Time to get strong now and have some fun. You have been amazing.
    Barb
  • deanna14

Answered prayers!
    Oh... you forgot the turning 40 on Sunday! People keep asking me if it depressing and I say Heck No! I've never been more excited to see my Birthday roll around. In fact I am looking forward to 50 and more!
    No shots... my labs were excellent. WBC remain a little low, but the Nuelasta tomorrow should deal with that. Magnesium and Potassium were a little low and I got that in my IV's today. Platelets jumped to 183 thousand from 90 thousand last week. Hgb up to 11.5 which is the highest I have had since surgery.
    I have to call in the morning and schedule a PET/CT for 3 weeks from today and then a follow up appt. with the doctor. Life is good... God is awesome.
    Thanks, love you too!
  • deanna14
    barb55 said:

YIPPEE!
    I am so happy for you. Time to get strong now and have some fun. You have been amazing.
    Barb

:)
    Thanks Barb. I pray we are all getting stronger every day.
  • shortmarge
    shortmarge Member Posts: 291
    deanna14 said:

Answered prayers!
    Oh... you forgot the turning 40 on Sunday! People keep asking me if it depressing and I say Heck No! I've never been more excited to see my Birthday roll around. In fact I am looking forward to 50 and more!
    No shots... my labs were excellent. WBC remain a little low, but the Nuelasta tomorrow should deal with that. Magnesium and Potassium were a little low and I got that in my IV's today. Platelets jumped to 183 thousand from 90 thousand last week. Hgb up to 11.5 which is the highest I have had since surgery.
    I have to call in the morning and schedule a PET/CT for 3 weeks from today and then a follow up appt. with the doctor. Life is good... God is awesome.
    Thanks, love you too!

MANY, MANY HUGS!!!!
    YAY, you are finished! God is awesome!!!

MIND, BODY AND SOUL!

Hugs
  • Teresa 61
    Teresa 61 Member Posts: 84 Member

MANY, MANY HUGS!!!!
    YAY, you are finished! God is awesome!!!

MIND, BODY AND SOUL!

Hugs

Congatulations Deanna!!!!!!!!!
    So... Happy for you!!!!!! Teresa
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    deanna14 said:

Answered prayers!
    Thanks, love you too!

Deanna so happy you got your final treatment
    That is great news that your labs were so improved. Hope you are going to have the energy to celebrate that 40th birthday on Sunday. One of my favorite verses is "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad" You do have a lot to be glad about. Three weeks with no appointments. You won't know what to do with yourself. CELEBRATE!!!!!! I am so happy for you.
  • nursey420
    nursey420 Member Posts: 52 Member
    Ro10 said:

Deanna so happy you got your final treatment
    That is great news that your labs were so improved. Hope you are going to have the energy to celebrate that 40th birthday on Sunday. One of my favorite verses is "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad" You do have a lot to be glad about. Three weeks with no appointments. You won't know what to do with yourself. CELEBRATE!!!!!! I am so happy for you.

fantastic
    WOW I am so glad you where able to get #6 done Now sit back and relax
    Lisa
  • joannem65
    joannem65 Member Posts: 17
    I'm so Happy for you!!
    Congrats -- you have been such an inspiration these past few weeks for me. I am so glad that you were strong enough with good counts to finish up your treatment. Amen!! That is awesome. In my heart I feel you've beaten the beast! You're an absolutely beautiful woman who has been placed here to be an inspiration for those who come along after you, battling this beast called cancer. May your hair come in quickly, your eyebrows beautiful, and your lashed long. And oh yea, that darn hair on your legs does come back - and it's summer -- just in time to start shaving again!! I know when mine came back I thought - darn gotta buy disposable shavers again!! (They're not cheap!) LOL My hair came back with little curls (about the diameter of your little finger) and my hair was TOTALLY pin straight! It's really fun to work with. I finished my chemo on Nov 18th and got my first hair cut last Friday -- I was impressed it came in so full & pretty quickly. I hope yours does the same.
    May God continue to Bless you with Good News, Strength and Many Happy Years to come.
    Hugs, Hugs & More Hugs -
    Joannem65
  • deanna14
    joannem65 said:

I'm so Happy for you!!
    Congrats -- you have been such an inspiration these past few weeks for me. I am so glad that you were strong enough with good counts to finish up your treatment. Amen!! That is awesome. In my heart I feel you've beaten the beast! You're an absolutely beautiful woman who has been placed here to be an inspiration for those who come along after you, battling this beast called cancer. May your hair come in quickly, your eyebrows beautiful, and your lashed long. And oh yea, that darn hair on your legs does come back - and it's summer -- just in time to start shaving again!! I know when mine came back I thought - darn gotta buy disposable shavers again!! (They're not cheap!) LOL My hair came back with little curls (about the diameter of your little finger) and my hair was TOTALLY pin straight! It's really fun to work with. I finished my chemo on Nov 18th and got my first hair cut last Friday -- I was impressed it came in so full & pretty quickly. I hope yours does the same.
    May God continue to Bless you with Good News, Strength and Many Happy Years to come.
    Hugs, Hugs & More Hugs -
    Joannem65

Thank you all...
    Thanks everyone for the cyber celebration! I am so blessed to have you all here going through this with me.
    Now I am looking forward to my first haircut! LOL. I've got really soft peach fuzz now, I can't keep my hands out of it. LOL.
    I hope you are all feeling well. Ro, Linda and Teresa, you are not far behind me in completing your treatment. Hoping it goes by quickly.
    Hugs to all...
  • fuzzytrouble
    fuzzytrouble Member Posts: 212
    FINALLY
    Deanna I can't believe it is finally done and you can go on and heal now. You are so right we are not the same person anymore and this is not a bad thing at least for me. Please take it easy for awhile because you may feel like dancing but it catches up with you. I still have my days of crashing because of doing way to much.

Big hug for you from Oregon,
    Sharon
  • Caz55
    Caz55 Member Posts: 10
    Celebrate
    Deanna, How wonderful for you! I am so pleased for you, you are an amazing example of strength, courage and inspiration for all of us who come to this site looking for support and answers.
    Big hugs!
  • kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member
    deanna14 said:

Thank you all...
    Thanks everyone for the cyber celebration! I am so blessed to have you all here going through this with me.
    Now I am looking forward to my first haircut! LOL. I've got really soft peach fuzz now, I can't keep my hands out of it. LOL.
    I hope you are all feeling well. Ro, Linda and Teresa, you are not far behind me in completing your treatment. Hoping it goes by quickly.
    Hugs to all...

Happy Birthday, Deanna
    Deanna....what a celebration you will have... and WELL EARNED! Have a wonderful birthday!
    Karen
  • Auntie Shelly
    Auntie Shelly Member Posts: 10
    Congratulations!
    HOORAY! I am so happy for you and looking forward to my last treatment, although that is still over 1 year away...... THANK YOU for your advise and support.
    WOO HOO!
  • cookie1948
    cookie1948 Member Posts: 77
    Happy for you!!
    Deanna,
    So very happy for you. You have been through such rough times and didn't lose the faith!! You are one amazing woman!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless You and the worst now is OVER.!!!!! So relieved for you!
    Cookie
  • deanna14

Happy for you!!
    Deanna,
    So very happy for you. You have been through such rough times and didn't lose the faith!! You are one amazing woman!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless You and the worst now is OVER.!!!!! So relieved for you!
    Cookie

Thanks everyone!
    I believe that 40 is going to be a great decade for me!!!!
  • Reddie
    Reddie Member Posts: 72
    deanna14 said:

Thanks everyone!

Hi Deanna
    I'm soooo happy for your survival and celebration for your 40th birthday. You are still beautiful and young anyway! God is good to be with us and stay strong! We all have learned to fight back and stay positive especially we all have wonderful "sisters" to support each other. Take care and hugs! Reddie
  • bella09
    bella09 Member Posts: 37 Member
    deanna14 said:

Thanks everyone!

Happy Birthday Deanna
    Congratulations on turning 40 and finishing your treatments. You have been such an inspriration to all. I hope you will have a Wonderful Birthday and I wish you a Great Life.
    Part of our sermon today was "Rest in the Assurance of God". Happy Birthday to you!!

Jean
  • Pat from MN
    Pat from MN Member Posts: 9
    Deanna
    I am so happy for you. The battle seems so long but when you finally get to that last treatment and you are cancer free, it is a blessing! I pray for your continued health and lots of hair on your head (and not so much on your legs).

Also, Happy 40th Birthday! Celebrate life!

Pat
  • deanna14

Deanna
    I am so happy for you. The battle seems so long but when you finally get to that last treatment and you are cancer free, it is a blessing! I pray for your continued health and lots of hair on your head (and not so much on your legs).

Also, Happy 40th Birthday! Celebrate life!

Pat

LOL
    I like that,lots of hair on your head, not so much on your legs! Thank you everyone for the kind words and birthday wishes.