Moopy and Aortus are ALIVE!

Aortus
Aortus Member Posts: 967
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yes, it is a beautiful spring Saturday morning in the Missouri Ozarks - and Moopy and Aortus are alive!

About 4:30 this morning, the dogs started snuffling and whining for their breakfast. Moopy got up, in her role as Food Goddess, and fed them while her loving and dauntless caregiver kept on snoozing. Once he woke up, Aortus took the pups for a walk while Moopy started some laundry. Then Moopy caught up on some correspondence (with pen and paper, no less) while the pooches snoozed. Meanwhile, Aortus changed some burned-out light bulbs and dusted the ceiling fans. As all of this was going on, they talked to each other about stuff like open houses and the glory of Swiffering. Later on, Moopy and Aortus will grab a little brunch and then do a little shoe shopping. Like it or not, Moopy needs new shoes, and Aortus is going to make her buy some.

Not exactly the most exciting Saturday morning in the history of human existence. But it is a precious blessing from God nonetheless. Moopy and Aortus appreciate it as such. They also wish each and every member of this board - survivors, caregivers, and concerned family and friends alike - an equally blessed Saturday.

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Thank you. I am enjoying a
    Thank you. I am enjoying a slightly wet morning since we have been having a drought the past 18 months. Even though I enjoy the bright sunny days, I know a little rain must fall. That is life.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Happy Spring to you too
    Sounds like Moopy and Joe are off to a great weekend. It also sounds like they have a ton of energy ... so if they want to head up to beautiful/sunny Indiana I have some yard work that needs to be done ... not to mention this house. YIKES! This house is a disaster. Thank goodness I live alone ... because my housecleaning seems to have taken a back-seat to taking naps.

Have a great day everyone.

hugs.
    teena
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    tgf said:

Happy Spring to you too
    Sounds like Moopy and Joe are off to a great weekend. It also sounds like they have a ton of energy ... so if they want to head up to beautiful/sunny Indiana I have some yard work that needs to be done ... not to mention this house. YIKES! This house is a disaster. Thank goodness I live alone ... because my housecleaning seems to have taken a back-seat to taking naps.

Have a great day everyone.

hugs.
    teena

I grew up in Indiana and
    I grew up in Indiana and have relatives there.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Happy Saturday to you, Moopy & Aortus!
    Sounds glorious! And so glad to hear from both of you! Hope your Sunday is equally & wonderfully "normal" (whatever that may be!).

Thanks for checking in.

Kindest regards, Susan

P.S.: The humor in your subject line here is much appreciated! :-)
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Yeah, Baby, That's What It's All About!!!
    You guys are such an inspiration to me!

And you're so right: if there's one thing that cancer teaches you, it's that the simple things in life are sooo worth appreciating.
    I am going out to walk my dog in a little while, along the Swan Trail which runs along the Swan River which is starting to swell and rush with spring run-off. Even though it's a bit cold and dreary today, it's still a beautiful day with budding trees, lots of robins hopping around, and daffodils in bloom. There's new snow up in the mountains. There's a lot to be thankful for.

Enjoy life!

Hugs,
    Debi

P.S. I am only at the very beginning of all this -- surgery is still 11 days off. I am sure I will learn a lot more before all this is "through" (although I guess it's never totally "through"). Thanks again for all you do here, Moopy and Aortus,
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Jackie and Bob are alive!!
    Hi Moopy and Aortus aka Lisa and Joe,
    Sounds like a perfect day to me!! and new shoes too!! What a coincidence..Bob was running around with the swiffer sweeping the floor and washing the rugs. even was Tootsies food Goddess! all in hopes that i would sleep in and have energy to go to my party. I am feeling pretty good. hope it lasts. You will be there with me in spirit. They may have to move it inside in the back of the American Legion if it is too cold..so far its about 50 degrees out though.

I hope you have a beautiful day.. I am waiting for Tues, Moopys big day with my heart full of love, best wishes and joy that this is the end of this very hard part of the journey. Just had to charge my flashlight until then. I appreciate you both so much and your friendship means more than i can say.
    I love you both
    Jackie
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    rjjj said:

Sounds like a perfect day to me!! and new shoes too!! What a coincidence..Bob was running around with the swiffer sweeping the floor and washing the rugs. even was Tootsies food Goddess! all in hopes that i would sleep in and have energy to go to my party. I am feeling pretty good. hope it lasts. You will be there with me in spirit. They may have to move it inside in the back of the American Legion if it is too cold..so far its about 50 degrees out though.

I hope you have a beautiful day.. I am waiting for Tues, Moopys big day with my heart full of love, best wishes and joy that this is the end of this very hard part of the journey. Just had to charge my flashlight until then. I appreciate you both so much and your friendship means more than i can say.
    I love you both
    Jackie

THANKS A LOT, BOB!
    Way to make me look like a lazy bum!

Seriously, we wish you warmer weather and enough energy for a party appearance!

Love,
    Joe and Lisa
  • Christmas Girl
    rjjj said:

I love you both
    Jackie

Good morning, Jackie!
    No matter whether you attend, or not... (glad you feeling "pretty good"!)

And no matter whether your party goes on, or is rescheduled...

Am party-ing with you, in spirit!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    bfbear said:

Yeah, Baby, That's What It's All About!!!
    You guys are such an inspiration to me!

And you're so right: if there's one thing that cancer teaches you, it's that the simple things in life are sooo worth appreciating.
    I am going out to walk my dog in a little while, along the Swan Trail which runs along the Swan River which is starting to swell and rush with spring run-off. Even though it's a bit cold and dreary today, it's still a beautiful day with budding trees, lots of robins hopping around, and daffodils in bloom. There's new snow up in the mountains. There's a lot to be thankful for.

Enjoy life!

Hugs,
    Debi

P.S. I am only at the very beginning of all this -- surgery is still 11 days off. I am sure I will learn a lot more before all this is "through" (although I guess it's never totally "through"). Thanks again for all you do here, Moopy and Aortus,

You GOT It!
    Dear Debi...

Yes, you GOT it, girl! (Awfully smart, you are.) Our doggies, Mother Nature, trees in bud - just beginning to "green up"... robins (one of my very favorite birds) & daffodils... Spring is truly glorious. New life, rebirth.

Enjoy that walk, and your day, your whole weekend!

Kind regards, Susan
  • JoyD
    JoyD Member Posts: 81
    Joe and Lisa
    What a glorious day here in sunny California! I also feel fine and strong til my next chemo on Wed. Hope all of us will have a very good week. Moopy is one of the people that I follow closely since she is ahead in terms of treatments and I learn a lot from it. Thanks again for everything you have done for us here on this ACN Board.

Joys
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    JoyD said:

Joe and Lisa
    What a glorious day here in sunny California! I also feel fine and strong til my next chemo on Wed. Hope all of us will have a very good week. Moopy is one of the people that I follow closely since she is ahead in terms of treatments and I learn a lot from it. Thanks again for everything you have done for us here on this ACN Board.

Joys

Sunny California
    JoyD Are you in SoCal or NorCal? I live in California also and it is a glorious day here. I plan on watching my 10 year old play baseball wearing my Yankee hat and my "halo" underneath. I hope everyone has a great day and good luck on Wed. I don't have to go back for chemo until 5-6-09, and I plan on enjoying everything up until then. The type of chemo I'm on( AC ) really makes me sick . Surfer Mom
  • JoyD
    JoyD Member Posts: 81

Sunny California
    JoyD Are you in SoCal or NorCal? I live in California also and it is a glorious day here. I plan on watching my 10 year old play baseball wearing my Yankee hat and my "halo" underneath. I hope everyone has a great day and good luck on Wed. I don't have to go back for chemo until 5-6-09, and I plan on enjoying everything up until then. The type of chemo I'm on( AC ) really makes me sick . Surfer Mom

1surfermom
    I am from Northern California - Dublin. I also have 4 tx of AC + Avastin (clinical study), then 12 tx of Taxol + Avastin....so Total of 16 tx....What part of CA are you? I go to WA Hosp in Fremont CA for my treatment. We could probably compare notes.

Joy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

Sunny California

California here too!
    I am in Sunny California and I also have a NY Yankees cap! I did an hour of Jazzercise this morning,and my sweetie in on the ocean as we speak, paddling with his crew members in a 30' Native American plank canoe. It is all part of the Santa Barbara harbor festival happening this weekend! and later on today we will be heading for Temecula until Monday...ahhhhhhh! Life is good!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    chenheart said:

California here too!
    I am in Sunny California and I also have a NY Yankees cap! I did an hour of Jazzercise this morning,and my sweetie in on the ocean as we speak, paddling with his crew members in a 30' Native American plank canoe. It is all part of the Santa Barbara harbor festival happening this weekend! and later on today we will be heading for Temecula until Monday...ahhhhhhh! Life is good!

Hugs,
    Claudia

warm here in Maine
    It is finally warm here in Maine in the high 70's today. My son and I went and hit a few golf balls at the golf course. Going to have a sunny filled day with plenty of sun screen. It is so goo to be able to go outside and not have to bundle up with 10 layers.

Enjoy the weekend.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    Your Post
    Your post is something I really enjoy reading here. It's all the little things that make life worth it and all we go through.

it is a beautiful sunny, windy day in Erie, Pa, the snow capital of the state..we had 145 inches of snow this year! And it is also a day to celebrate..I am finally going to see the ocean. One of my friends got a trip to Atlantic City that is free. Her hubby is passing this time. So, on May 17, 18, 19, I will get on a plane for the first time in my life, stay in a hotel for the first time in my life, and see the ocean and the boardwalk. I am excited beyond words. I hope I don't cry at every turn. Everything is free, all I have to pay for are my meals...McDonalds here I come! I have not had a vacation, a real one, where I went some where in almost 19 years. I still cannot believe I am going!

I hope everyone else has a joyfilled day today! Hugs, Cindy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Cindy54 said:

Your Post
    Your post is something I really enjoy reading here. It's all the little things that make life worth it and all we go through.

it is a beautiful sunny, windy day in Erie, Pa, the snow capital of the state..we had 145 inches of snow this year! And it is also a day to celebrate..I am finally going to see the ocean. One of my friends got a trip to Atlantic City that is free. Her hubby is passing this time. So, on May 17, 18, 19, I will get on a plane for the first time in my life, stay in a hotel for the first time in my life, and see the ocean and the boardwalk. I am excited beyond words. I hope I don't cry at every turn. Everything is free, all I have to pay for are my meals...McDonalds here I come! I have not had a vacation, a real one, where I went some where in almost 19 years. I still cannot believe I am going!

I hope everyone else has a joyfilled day today! Hugs, Cindy

Under The Boardwalk......
    How absolutely wonderful!!!!! You so deserve this vacation for myriad reason! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    JoyD said:

1surfermom
    I am from Northern California - Dublin. I also have 4 tx of AC + Avastin (clinical study), then 12 tx of Taxol + Avastin....so Total of 16 tx....What part of CA are you? I go to WA Hosp in Fremont CA for my treatment. We could probably compare notes.

Joy

I'm a Northern California
    I'm a Northern California girl. I live in Suisun which is between San Francisco and Sacramento. Long ago I lived in Fremont and my daughter was born in Hayward. I have family all over Northern California, Danville, Modesto, Vacaville, Fairfield, Alameda, Los Gatos. I was born and raised in Northern California. Started in San Francisco and never got too far from those roots. I knew that there were some others but Claudia was the only one I knew for sure and that was only a few days ago.
    I too am celebrating just being here and have an ordinary day. We feed the kitties (3), cleaned up the house and went grocery shopping. I love the mudane. Tomorrow we go see the grandchildren and that's so special to us.
    So Stef is ALIVE also.
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    chenheart said:

Under The Boardwalk......
    How absolutely wonderful!!!!! You so deserve this vacation for myriad reason! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Grey, wet, moments of sunshine
    In the lovely pacific NW. Spent my day watching my daughter play college fastpitch! Under a blanket, and umbrella. Go Raiders!
    Life~Love~Happy Moments.
    Melanie
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member

Grey, wet, moments of sunshine
    In the lovely pacific NW. Spent my day watching my daughter play college fastpitch! Under a blanket, and umbrella. Go Raiders!
    Life~Love~Happy Moments.
    Melanie

California Girls
    Well it seems like I'm the lone southern californian, it looks like we have the whole state covered with everyone from Northern, Central and Southern CA..Yesterday my little leaguers Yankee team lost 7 to 2.My son struck out with bases loaded, so I had a sad little guy to deal with. Joy D, I am also in a clinical trial I am receiving my treatment at St.Joseph's Hospital in Orange, Ca.. My chemo program is 4 cycles AC every 21 days ( I only have one more to go !!!), taxol, herceptin(I'm her2+) once a week for 4 cycles with breaks every three weeks, a tablet called Lapatnib which I will take everyday up unitl surgery, surgery, rads and herceptin for a year. How are you with the AC? It makes me very sick.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Saturday/Sunday
    I spent my Saturday and Sunday camping in the hills of California with my daughter, her husband, my two grandsons and my best friend and her family. I rode my quad lame arm and nerve damaged hand and all. To heck with the pain I am having as a result, it was so worth it to be out in the sunshine with my family and friends enjoying life. We have all worked so hard to still be here and we soooo deserve to enjoy each and every moment we are blessed with.

My Best to Each of You,

RE