#6 done

fighting for mom
fighting for mom Member Posts: 96
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well- Mom has survived through her many bumps in the road. She is rid of her bowel obstruction. She had #6 last week and has not had near the side effects with the change of chemo meds (no oxi, no 5FU push- only leuvocorin and 48 hours of 5FU and decadron). No diarrhea, things are starting to taste good again, good energy, able to work everyday, even walking without a walker.

Things are looking up! She is ready for #7 next week- she usually dreads it but has had enough good days it is ok.

She has lost most of her hair and is going to look at wigs tomorrow. Her attitude toward chemo and getting through the last half is so good. Prayer and Hope- that is what gets her and our family through this.

I just love this site for all the encouragement!

Thanks!
Susan

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    outstanding!
    I hope she is looking at a community wig bank, if it's available! I got 3 wigs for free and a local hair stylist trimmed and thinned them for me for free as well! She'll also want to look at wig liners, especially since it's getting to be the warmer months; the wigs will make her head sweat, which will itch like mad! A nice soft hat will be her friend at night to keep her head warm while she sleeps!
    mary
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Lovely!
    That's wonderful, Susan. I'm so glad she's on the upswing!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • fighting for mom
    fighting for mom Member Posts: 96
    tootsie1 said:

Lovely!
    That's wonderful, Susan. I'm so glad she's on the upswing!

*hugs*
    Gail

thanks
    She is doing so well. Thanks for the info on the wigs. I am not sure if it is a community wig bank or not. I had talked to her about going before she had started chemo- but she was not interested. She at first just had thinning- but she really doesn't have much left. She said she will feel better with a wig now. She is even thinking about changing her hair style-which she hasn't done in =well, forever! I am glad she has decided to go wig looking. I hadn't thought about the liner- good idea. She has some really cute hats. Even my Dad got her a very stylish hat.
    I must call her about that liner.

Thanks!

Susan