Semi-Colon Roll Call

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member

Catskills
    Great shots, I agree mornings are the best,just before the sun rises. My family goes up near Monticello, but we've gone up to Parksville when I was really young. It's really beautiful but I don't know if I could live in the country, I'm so used to the hustle and bustle of NY. But getting out of the city for vacations are always nice!

NYC
    I'm a little less than 50 miles from the city. I go to Sloan for all my work. I love the open space up here and it's really not that open. We do have to watch out for deer all the time though.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    fmsamos said:

Me~~~~~~
    Hi again~ Slammer aka me Famous Amos~ well I had to re up my account but have actually been a member since 03-04 because I used this site so much and loved, cherished, took, the advice, support and just general knowledge I gathered by being here. I will stay up on this again I promise because I gained so much from this site- Love ya'll , Sincerely Amy- and those still dealing with this or any cancer or a loved one- I am sorry~ God be with you and Live Strong!

WOW
    Amy you sound a thousand times better than the last time we chatted on here (chemo brain prevents me from remembering when that was!!)

How good for you!!! Great to hear from you. This thread has been so much fun hearing from so many Old Timers!!!!

Many hugs and why don't you and boyfriend join us at CP7 in Key West!!!!

Lisa P.
  • amcp
    amcp Member Posts: 251 Member
    Our turn
    My husband after some bleeding had first colonoscopy DX rectal/colon cancer 8/24/06
    Surgery and permanent colostomy 9/15/06
    Mets to both sides of liver
    Chemo started 11/1/06 had every known treatment(chemo) until 12/9/08
    Stoma repair 7/07
    Sent to Vanderbilt for clinical trial...by oncologist ...he had nothing left to try 12/29/08
    12/29/09 Appt with Dr at Vandy ...okayed for Phase 1 clinical trial sent home till start up
    01/09 Called by Dr said no clinical trial ...surgery of liver possible...
    01/13/09 Dr appt with Liver oncologist surgeon...told could have liver resection but had place in right lung that had to be taken care of first
    01/15/09 Dr appt with Lung oncologist surgeon...told could do lung resection but had to quit smoking ...had smoked for 45 years...stopped "cold turkey" that night
    02/10/09 Cancer nodule removed from right lung and 4% of lung
    4/03/09 Embolization to right liver scheduled but cancelled due to rapid growth of liver tumor/leasion....CEA gone up from 1630.0 on 1/13/09 to 16,648.4 on 3/27/09
    Surgery for liver resection sch. for 4/29/09 ...giving husband some time to get strength back from lung surgery...Dr said walking a fine line between giving Frank time to get stronger and hope that cancer on liver does not get so big unable to remove it all
    Fighting up hill battle...
    Married 40 years to my high school sweetheart...met him when I was a freshman in high school and he was a Senior.
    I need him so and love him so very much. We live near Maryville TN which is 14 miles from Knoxville Tennessee

Hugs,
    Anna
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    fmsamos said:

Hello, old name Slammer.....?
    Hi there, I see you are happy & healthy- Cool~ me too~ Haven't been here in days, well year but I remember ya'll and just stopping by to say Life is good and well we are Survivors! Hugs from Northern California! Fmsamos aka Slammer (Amy)

Gee Amy I can see why
    Gee Amy I can see why lisa ,em and barb never,never wash their dogs.lol Ron.
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Glv49 said:

Forgot to put where I am
    Forgot to put where I am from...lol.. Pittsburgh, PA

Gail

One day at a time
    This is my first post- i live in Pittsburgh Pa

44 yo mom of 2 beautiful young ladies(13,12) and a pretty great husband,too. Diagnosed 10/2007 Stage IV with metastasis to the left ovary. The other ovary was not removed at the time because they both looked "normal" at surgery. 6 months of folfox and avastin. Was to do 6 more months of Avastin alone both developed a pulmonary embolis and had to discontine.Convinced oncologist to have gyne onc take out other ovary 11/08. Right ovary also looked normal at surgery however positive at pathology. No additional chemo as I am NED right now. Awaiting PET at end of May.

Keep fighting everyone. There are many survivors out there and we are among them!!

Dawn
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    PhillieG said:

NYC
    I'm a little less than 50 miles from the city. I go to Sloan for all my work. I love the open space up here and it's really not that open. We do have to watch out for deer all the time though.

NY.....
    I was born and raised in New York, a Long Island girl from Lynbrook, my parents were from Brooklyn, I miss it, but not the expenses and traffic, I still have family there that I may be visiting if I can get myself through these treatments without ending up in the hospital again..sheesh!

I was dx'd in Jan '09 Stage 4 Colon cancer with a tumor in the liver.
    Receiving Folfori with Avastin treatment
    Just had a colostomy due to a perforation in the abdomen, could be reveresed in 6 months.
    Right now chemo is delayed until I heal from the surgery.
  • Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277
    Stage IV
    My husband was diagnosed 8/07 Stage 4 Colon Cancer with multiple mets to his liver and both lungs. Colon resection surgery, then 6 months aggressive chemo, right now on 3 week break, just had pet scan, awaiting results, starts maintenance chemo next week. - Bayville, NJ
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    Oregon
    Hi,
    I live in Banks, Oregon (11 years now) but was born and raised in PA. I was diagnosed Oct. 2005 Stage 4 with liver mets. I am currently on Folfri because cancer is back with a frenzy. I am still fighting the fight and will do so unless quality of life goes downhill. I am looking forward to going to the egg hunt with my grandsons this Saturday..life is good, God is good. Hugs, Audrey.
  • fmsamos
    fmsamos Member Posts: 34
    scouty said:

WOW
    Amy you sound a thousand times better than the last time we chatted on here (chemo brain prevents me from remembering when that was!!)

How good for you!!! Great to hear from you. This thread has been so much fun hearing from so many Old Timers!!!!

Many hugs and why don't you and boyfriend join us at CP7 in Key West!!!!

Lisa P.

Semi-colons ;
    Yes Thank you~ It is an awesome site and I hold everyone deep in my heart, those who have had and those who have to deal with this, and families etc. Keep the Faith-- sincerely Famous Amos aka Slammer
  • fmsamos
    ron50 said:

Gee Amy I can see why
    Gee Amy I can see why lisa ,em and barb never,never wash their dogs.lol Ron.

Hi Ron
    What about my cute/ugly dog. J/K Nice to meet you and hope all is well in yur world, BTW~ Nice fish! Live strong buddy........ Sincerley Amy
  • fmsamos
    jenalynet said:

Oregon
    Hi,
    I live in Banks, Oregon (11 years now) but was born and raised in PA. I was diagnosed Oct. 2005 Stage 4 with liver mets. I am currently on Folfri because cancer is back with a frenzy. I am still fighting the fight and will do so unless quality of life goes downhill. I am looking forward to going to the egg hunt with my grandsons this Saturday..life is good, God is good. Hugs, Audrey.

Keep it up Lady-
    Greetings Audrey~~Happy Easter and have a great time w/ grand kids...So positive and upbeat you are. Don't know you but somehow we all know each other here huh? God bless! Take Care, Amy in No. Cali~
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Bump
    Here's the other topic, FAPMom... so plenty of reading material :)

Cheryl
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Minneapolis
    Live in Plymouth, Mn, just outside of Mpls. Along with Emily waiting for spring to actually come- there have been a few hints and the snow is gone.

Diagnosed with stage 2 rectal cancer April 2005. Treated with chemo/radiation and then local excision in August. Recurrance in April 2006 (found out the day after the GetYourRearinGear walk). Had APR with permanent colostomy. Had 9 cycles of Folfox. Ned since. Just had CEA drawn last week = 0.6 (yea).

Playing tennis weekly, working yet, and enjoying every day of life.

Cheers to all, ****
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Present and accounted for
    Great idea, Scouty..over a hundred posts strong. This site is a lifesaver for so many of us.

Me: diagnosed on BASELINE colonoscopy in Nov '03. 2 small polyps, no symptoms.
    Hemicolectomy, sigmoid colon, 1 node, moderately aggressive, stage IIIb.
    six months of 5FU and leuco, completed July '04.
    NED on follow-up. My onc counts from completion of chemo.
    I am approaching 5 year survival!!!
    Born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. Live outside of Boston, MA for 30 plus years.
    Life is good.
    All the best, Judy
  • ruggersocks
    ruggersocks Member Posts: 78 Member
    jsabol said:

Present and accounted for
    Great idea, Scouty..over a hundred posts strong. This site is a lifesaver for so many of us.

Me: diagnosed on BASELINE colonoscopy in Nov '03. 2 small polyps, no symptoms.
    Hemicolectomy, sigmoid colon, 1 node, moderately aggressive, stage IIIb.
    six months of 5FU and leuco, completed July '04.
    NED on follow-up. My onc counts from completion of chemo.
    I am approaching 5 year survival!!!
    Born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. Live outside of Boston, MA for 30 plus years.
    Life is good.
    All the best, Judy

I'm here even though it's been awhile
    Just read that article about anal cancer on CNN and it always brings back fear to read the survival rate.

Diagnosed with rectal cancer 5/06, rectal resection, radiation/chemo combo, chemo again. finished 1/07

1 met to lung and 1 met to liver found in July 2007

Chemo again, ablation of met to liver, lung surgery, chemo. finished June 2008.

Now having scans every 3 months. Last scan in January showed nothing!

Next scan is on Monday, April 13th. Will find out results on the 15th. Prayers are always welcome!

Hugs,
    Cheryl
  • ruggersocks
    Kanort said:

Round Rock!!
    Kay, here, from Round Rock, Texas....outside of Austin. A huge round rock resides in a small creek in the center of town...thus...Round Rock!

Diagnosed in 2003 with stage 3 sigmoid colon cancer. Given Folfox before it was even approved for stage 3...135mg! NED since completing chemo in the summer of 2004.

Hugs to all,

Kay

Cedar Park, TX
    Forgot to write I live in Cedar Park, TX. right outside of Austin!
  • Owen9
    Owen9 Member Posts: 3
    NED
    Dx 2/08 IIIC with 7 of 11 nodes positive.

Sigmoid resection then 12 biweekly treatments of FOLFOX6.

CT unenhanced/enhanced last month - nothing lit up.

Review colonoscopy two weeks ago - clean, told to come back in three years.

Yaaaahoooo!!!

I hope everyone beats the beast...

Blog of the whole journey is at: http://coloncancerisapain.blogspot.com/
    if you want the details.

Owen9
  • serrana
    serrana Member Posts: 163 Member

I'm here even though it's been awhile
    Just read that article about anal cancer on CNN and it always brings back fear to read the survival rate.

Diagnosed with rectal cancer 5/06, rectal resection, radiation/chemo combo, chemo again. finished 1/07

1 met to lung and 1 met to liver found in July 2007

Chemo again, ablation of met to liver, lung surgery, chemo. finished June 2008.

Now having scans every 3 months. Last scan in January showed nothing!

Next scan is on Monday, April 13th. Will find out results on the 15th. Prayers are always welcome!

Hugs,
    Cheryl

roll call
    Hi
    When you finished chemo in 08 were your scans clear? I am looking at being on "maintenance chemo" and gathering stories about the circumstances under which folks stopped having chemo.Where are you having your treatment ( monitoring).
    Best prayers for your scan results next week. I have mine then too. Stay in touch
    Serrana
  • Owen9 said:

NED
    Dx 2/08 IIIC with 7 of 11 nodes positive.

Sigmoid resection then 12 biweekly treatments of FOLFOX6.

CT unenhanced/enhanced last month - nothing lit up.

Review colonoscopy two weeks ago - clean, told to come back in three years.

Yaaaahoooo!!!

I hope everyone beats the beast...

Blog of the whole journey is at: http://coloncancerisapain.blogspot.com/
    if you want the details.

Owen9

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • ruggersocks
    Hi yourself!
    I have not had any chemo, maintainence or otherwise, since June/July 2008. My 3 month scans have been in Sept 2008 and Jan 2009...both have been clean.

How are you doing?

Praying for a clean scan for you too!

hugs,
    Cheryl