Seeds

22Murphy
22Murphy Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Just found out I have prostate cancer gleason level 3, age 62 have had colon surgery 6 years ago and for some reason can't do robot. Will the seeds eventually cause permanent impontency?
Has anyone beat this thing with diet and excerise?

Comments

• JoeMac
    JoeMac Member Posts: 77
    Gleason less than 6
    Aloha 22Murphy,
    With such a low G score, I wonder why your doc would recommend seeds. There was a good discussion on this subject "low Gleason" at
    http://www.yananow.net/
    Please get a second opinion, & third opinion.
    It is difficult to say with any treatment what the outcome will be. You should consider what you may loose vs what you may gain. In your shoes, I would not choose seeds.
    Faith, Hope & Love,
    Joe
  • tonybear
    tonybear Member Posts: 90
    prostate seeds
    i had something call brachy therapy and tomo radiation. the brachy therapy is an updated version of seeds. it is 3 high doses of radiation in which no seeds are implanted followed by tomo radiation. it a low percentage of side effects with a high percentage of success. but like joe said, get a second and third opinon.
  • ChrisOz2
    ChrisOz2 Member Posts: 5
    tonybear said:

prostate seeds
    i had something call brachy therapy and tomo radiation. the brachy therapy is an updated version of seeds. it is 3 high doses of radiation in which no seeds are implanted followed by tomo radiation. it a low percentage of side effects with a high percentage of success. but like joe said, get a second and third opinon.

tonybear
    Sounds like you are

tonybear

Sounds like you are happy with your choice. Where did you have your treatment?
  • tonybear
    ChrisOz2 said:

tonybear
    Sounds like you are

tonybear

Sounds like you are happy with your choice. Where did you have your treatment?

hospital
    i went to the cancer treatment center of america in tulsa. they are also in philly, zion ill outside of chicago, washington around seattle and a new site in phenox az. i can't spell but that isn't a side effect. they treated me and my wife like family. they do what they call mother care treatment. they will take of you as you would your own mother. it changed my ideas of what a hopsital should be. their website is quite good, go to cancercenter.com.. god bless you in your choice.
  • ChrisOz2
    ChrisOz2 Member Posts: 5
    tonybear said:

hospital
    i went to the cancer treatment center of america in tulsa. they are also in philly, zion ill outside of chicago, washington around seattle and a new site in phenox az. i can't spell but that isn't a side effect. they treated me and my wife like family. they do what they call mother care treatment. they will take of you as you would your own mother. it changed my ideas of what a hopsital should be. their website is quite good, go to cancercenter.com.. god bless you in your choice.

Thank you tonybear. I have
    Thank you tonybear. I have an appointment with them in Philly next week. I have pretty much decided on HDR Brachytherapy & EBRT and have been looking for people with experience with both the treatment and CTCA. I appreciate you sharing this. God bless you and your family as well.
  • tonybear
    ChrisOz2 said:

Thank you tonybear. I have
    Thank you tonybear. I have an appointment with them in Philly next week. I have pretty much decided on HDR Brachytherapy & EBRT and have been looking for people with experience with both the treatment and CTCA. I appreciate you sharing this. God bless you and your family as well.

chris
    i am gald i oculd help is some manner. my prayers are with you. get all of the counseling and diet help. i found the naturpathic works great with the regular meds. god bless you and the family. tony