How did you pick your screen name

Comments

• kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Can't keep in character...
    I just can't keep in character when I choose a name not mine.... The stage is doing very well without me, thank you very much. So it's just first initial, last name. Boring....

Kirsten
  • fighting for mom
    fighting for mom Member Posts: 96
    kmygil said:

Can't keep in character...
    I just can't keep in character when I choose a name not mine.... The stage is doing very well without me, thank you very much. So it's just first initial, last name. Boring....

Kirsten

self explanatory
    Mine is pretty self explanatory- I am 'fighting for mom' in her battle with the beast.

Susan
  • confused1
    confused1 Member Posts: 50
    Screen Name
    I picked my screen from worrying about my marriage and where it was going to end up a few year's ago. There was already a confused out in cyber space being used, so I had to choose confused 1. I believe it pretty well fit's the question's I have for most thing's that has happened to me along the way. The confusion on why.Take Care everyone. HUGS:)
  • drmrgirl47
    drmrgirl47 Member Posts: 129
    Mine stands for drummer girl cuz I am a rock drummer and 47 was the year I was born. I totally enjoyed all the posts for this discussion. I especially enjoyed the pics on the other post.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member

Mine stands for drummer girl cuz I am a rock drummer and 47 was the year I was born. I totally enjoyed all the posts for this discussion. I especially enjoyed the pics on the other post.

I was wrong
    And here I was, thinking it stood for "dreamer girl." *L*

*hugs*
    Gail
  • aluckylady
    aluckylady Member Posts: 16
    tootsie1 said:

I was wrong
    And here I was, thinking it stood for "dreamer girl." *L*

*hugs*
    Gail

Aluckylady....Back years ago
    Aluckylady....Back years ago when my family first got a computer in the home we signed up for aol. I wanted the name..IamBlessed. But that was taken. So I came up with Aluckylady. I am known by that name on most messenger services and all the different gaming areas I play in. I was born in 1957. So sometimes I add the 57 to it if Aluckylady is taken. Most of my online friends refer to me as LUCKY... (ps...my favorite name is MOM...my real name is Rhonda..my mom says there was an actress back in the 50's named Rhonda Fleming that was very pretty with beautiful eyes and when she first saw my eyes open when I was born, thats the name that came to her)
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    lisa42 said:

boring
    I guess I'm not too creative- my name is Lisa and I'm 42!

Not boring at all
    at least you'll remember your name and your age if the chemo brain gets to you.
    Next year will you be Lisa43 or Lisa42+1 or just stay Lisa 42 forever?
    :-)
    -p
  • Madre
    Madre Member Posts: 123
    My daughter gave it to me
    My daughter was 15 when I was diagnosised and she was taking spanish so she called me "madre" and her dad "padre", well it stuck and she always calls me that now. She is 16 now and all through my treatment she was by my side. What teenager wants hangs with their parents! So madre is like her pet name for me and it got me through treatment.....and beyond.
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    name
    My cat at the time was Vinny so that is where the name came from. Something didn't work so I had to rename myself, another in the meantime took Vinny 2 so now I am Vinny 3. My present cat is Rico.

• Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    Easy to remember
    When I picked out my screen name, I picked one that didn't take much thought. My name is Joy and my wedding anniversary is December 16.
    Joy
  • krystiesq
    krystiesq Member Posts: 240 Member
    mine is easy
    my name krysti and i'm a lawyer (esquire) so krystiesq
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    krystiesq said:

mine is easy
    my name krysti and i'm a lawyer (esquire) so krystiesq

Learned something new
    Well, that's new information! Didn't know you're a lawyer.

*Hugs*
    Gail
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Learned something new
    Well, that's new information! Didn't know you're a lawyer.

*Hugs*
    Gail

just because
    I built my first computer back in 92. I spent most of my life daydreaming, so when I signed up for yahoo back then, I added my birthday, 110761, which is now also my dx date....blah (well, not the 61 part).

Katie - what type of law? My fiance is criminal and bankruptcy, one is interesting and doesn't pay well, the other is boring, but in today's economy.....
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

just because
    I built my first computer back in 92. I spent most of my life daydreaming, so when I signed up for yahoo back then, I added my birthday, 110761, which is now also my dx date....blah (well, not the 61 part).

Katie - what type of law? My fiance is criminal and bankruptcy, one is interesting and doesn't pay well, the other is boring, but in today's economy.....

Mine....well......
    I had a friend come over one day while I was cooking and I ask him if he wanted something to eat. He answered yes so I fixed him a bowl of my dumplings.....Squirrel and dumplings as a matter of fact and he told me if you can eat that you will eat anything and so will a buzzard...and the rest is history......
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Book of Job in the Bible
    Ketziah was the daughter of Job. Ketziah "her skin was the color of cinnamin"-totally me! Part of a family that went through and endures a lot of crap- me! The nickmame is Kizzy , which is a female ancestor in the book Roots, by Alex Haley. She went through a bunch of crap. I pay respects to my ancestors with this name.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Actually
    Actually this would be a great way for new members to tell their story about their screen names. We all have different reasons and this just brought it to the surface. OK new members, why your screen names.

Kim
  • JayhawkDan
    JayhawkDan Member Posts: 205

Actually
    Actually this would be a great way for new members to tell their story about their screen names. We all have different reasons and this just brought it to the surface. OK new members, why your screen names.

Kim

Rock Chalk
    I never know what to use as a screen name, but I'm a huge University of Kansas fan -- an alum -- where I met my darling wife -- where my only child recently graduated and was on the dance team -- and, hopefully the institution (KU Med) that will help keep me around to watch a few more Jayhawk victories. And, very creatively, my name is Dan.
  • Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    I picked a name too long
    Momof2plusteentwins - kind of messed up - should be momof4includingteentwins that would be too too long - anyway I have 4 children 29, 26, and twin boys 15. My twins are from invitrofertilization - maybe with all the drugs I took for invitrofertilization it caused cancer, who knows, but they are the best thing that happen to me, besides my husband, and two older kids lol.
    Sandy :)
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685

Actually

Kim

Handles
    When I was 19 at my fist duty station, my best friend one time tossed me a book, The Moon Men by Edgar Rice Burroughs. The second half of the book is told by a character named Red Hawk and Keith insisted that character was me. So, he tagged me with the nickname "Red Hawk". About 20 years later when I got my doctorate, I was talking with another old friend that I hadn't heard from in ages. When I told him about my DPhil, he said "well you can't be Red Hawk anymore, you've got to be Doc Hawk."
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member

I picked a name too long
    Momof2plusteentwins - kind of messed up - should be momof4includingteentwins that would be too too long - anyway I have 4 children 29, 26, and twin boys 15. My twins are from invitrofertilization - maybe with all the drugs I took for invitrofertilization it caused cancer, who knows, but they are the best thing that happen to me, besides my husband, and two older kids lol.
    Sandy :)

easy for me to say
    My name comes from the fact that I am Dutch, so my enghlish was not the greatest when I came to Canada in 1970, IF i didnot know the nglish word for something I called it that 'THINGY" I am born in 1945 and most boards or emails it stuck I am Thingy45
    Marjan