Name something that gives you great comfort

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member

Inserting Images
    OK... here goes. The html tag for inserting images is very easy... it's getting the concept across that is a little harder to do ;)

< img src="URL of image" >

Above is the HTML tag that you must use, minus the spaces after and before the brackets < >. But if I didn't put the spaces there, it wouldn't show up in this post ;)

The next thing is you will have to have uploaded your photos to one of the online photo storage areas, like Flickr or if you have your own website, then you can upload your photos to your server, which would create an individual "URL". To put one of your own pictures, then it would have to be the URL to where your picture is on the internet ;)

< img src="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/224/495188067_1c5f57537a.jpg" >

The above is the coding for my picture of Bridget... you would replace the URL with the URL to your own picture, as well, take out the spaces between < and img and then at the end between .jpg" and >. Hopefully this makes some kind of sense :)

Huggggggs,

Cheryl

testing 1- 2- 3
    ♥ Thanks Cheryl! Easy as PIE! ♥

This is me at 35 years old. 23 years ago!
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375

testing 1- 2- 3
    ♥ Thanks Cheryl! Easy as PIE! ♥

This is me at 35 years old. 23 years ago!

Your picture
    What a great picture, Diane! Of course, I see the American flag in the picture now, but at first glance the photo gave me the feeling you were "An American in Paris" :) Look how long your hair was!!

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

Your picture
    What a great picture, Diane! Of course, I see the American flag in the picture now, but at first glance the photo gave me the feeling you were "An American in Paris" :) Look how long your hair was!!

Hugggggs,

Cheryl

my shack
    [IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/maglets/002.jpg[/IMG]this is where I can get grounded . a little shack that I created out of a garage steps from my backdoor
  • CherylHutch
    maglets said:

my shack
    [IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/maglets/002.jpg[/IMG]this is where I can get grounded . a little shack that I created out of a garage steps from my backdoor

Your shack :)
    Mags... here, I switched the coding to the standard of displaying an image:

OMG! That is the most comfortable, adorable little escape! I love it!! Was that really a backyard garage before you got your magical hands on it?? And is that a fireplace at the left of the picture that isn't quite in the picture? I would LOVE a place like this to escape to!!

Huggggs,

Cheryl
  • maglets

Your shack :)
    Mags... here, I switched the coding to the standard of displaying an image:

OMG! That is the most comfortable, adorable little escape! I love it!! Was that really a backyard garage before you got your magical hands on it?? And is that a fireplace at the left of the picture that isn't quite in the picture? I would LOVE a place like this to escape to!!

Huggggs,

Cheryl

thank you cheryl
    I don't know how you did that but thanks. Yes there is a little woodstove so even on a cool day you can sit here. I have done three sets of chemo over the years and this has been my little grounding haven. It is nice to have a little separate place...it's a little bit like playing house and being safe somehow.

Great thread Cheryl
    and Hugs right back at you

~Mags~
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Words and Phrases!
    Great post, Cheryl!

I don't have my photos on a website so I couldn't post pictures, but I walked around my house and found the following words on various vases, candles, plaques, stones, etc. While going through treatment, I surrounded myself with inspirational words. Here are just a few...

* Believe in Miracles
    * Miracles happen to those who believe in them
    * Endless Faith, everlasting joy, enduring peace, and eternal hope
    * Joy and laughter never end with a circle of family and friends
    * Life is a Balance
    * Live like heaven begins tomorrow, Love like you've never been hurt before, Sing like no one is listening, Dance like no one is watching
    * Inspire

Hugs,

Kay
  • Glv49
    Glv49 Member Posts: 206 Member
    The things that give me
    The things that give me comfort, are my husband, my children, my 86 yr old father, and my two beautiful grandchildren. My Faith in God to believe that everyday is a gift from Him, He will sustain us and NEVER abandon us, and loves each and everyone of us. And also like most of you, I have a beautiful 5 yr old bichon named Louie. He just looks at me with those sparkling brown eyes, and it brightens each day.

Gail
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Glv49 said:

The things that give me
    The things that give me comfort, are my husband, my children, my 86 yr old father, and my two beautiful grandchildren. My Faith in God to believe that everyday is a gift from Him, He will sustain us and NEVER abandon us, and loves each and everyone of us. And also like most of you, I have a beautiful 5 yr old bichon named Louie. He just looks at me with those sparkling brown eyes, and it brightens each day.

Gail

Singing............
    as comforting as it gets.......wanna hear the type of music I sing...there is a new song out by Brad Paisley and Sarah Evans called "New Again"......find it on Youtube and listen to it.....that is what comforts me....music......it takes me away from it all.......
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • CherylHutch
    More comfort things
    As most of you know, one of my passions is working in the theatre world. Ever since being DX'd in December 2006 and then going through the surgery, etc., once I healed from that and started my chemo/radiation, I emerged myself more and more in the theatre. Granted, that was a bit of an escapism, but it worked great! Not only do I get enormous support from my theatre buddies, the theatre is really a great escape from the medical world. When you are involved at the theatre, you are not surrounded by doctors, hospitals, scan machines, needles and reports. You are surrounded by friends, fun, laughter and everyone working together to put on a great production.

I have worked/volunteered for many theatre companies over the years (all of them wonderful, I might add), but Theatre Under The Stars, Vancouver's outdoor theatre is definitely the one that has stolen my heart... and in turn, has been there for me every step of my journey.

I now volunteer year round, even though we only do the productions (two Broadway Musicals) in July/August every year. There is still tons of work for two of us to maintain the office year round.

Here is a picture I took early this month... in March, no less!! And yes, look, there is snow on the ground ;) This is where my dog and I go to when we go to the office a couple or more days/week. Our office is downsairs at sidewalk level... so right underneath the front windows:

Now... fast forward (or in this case, go back) to the summer. Here is the same building where we have our office, but now you can see the summer greenery and colour... not to mention, you can't see our office because of all the greenery!! LOL!!

Needless to say, it's paradise going into the office, where I can take my dog to work with me, whether it's winter or summer :)

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member

More comfort things
    As most of you know, one of my passions is working in the theatre world. Ever since being DX'd in December 2006 and then going through the surgery, etc., once I healed from that and started my chemo/radiation, I emerged myself more and more in the theatre. Granted, that was a bit of an escapism, but it worked great! Not only do I get enormous support from my theatre buddies, the theatre is really a great escape from the medical world. When you are involved at the theatre, you are not surrounded by doctors, hospitals, scan machines, needles and reports. You are surrounded by friends, fun, laughter and everyone working together to put on a great production.

I have worked/volunteered for many theatre companies over the years (all of them wonderful, I might add), but Theatre Under The Stars, Vancouver's outdoor theatre is definitely the one that has stolen my heart... and in turn, has been there for me every step of my journey.

I now volunteer year round, even though we only do the productions (two Broadway Musicals) in July/August every year. There is still tons of work for two of us to maintain the office year round.

Here is a picture I took early this month... in March, no less!! And yes, look, there is snow on the ground ;) This is where my dog and I go to when we go to the office a couple or more days/week. Our office is downsairs at sidewalk level... so right underneath the front windows:

Now... fast forward (or in this case, go back) to the summer. Here is the same building where we have our office, but now you can see the summer greenery and colour... not to mention, you can't see our office because of all the greenery!! LOL!!

Needless to say, it's paradise going into the office, where I can take my dog to work with me, whether it's winter or summer :)

Hugggggs,

Cheryl

what a beautiful place!
    Wow- what a beautiful place! Fun seeing the difference between the seasons there, too- thanks for posting this topic, Cheryl!!

Lisa
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    maglets said:

my shack

photobucket
    I see from the code you tried to insert you are using photobucket's IMG code. I have a picture to use as an example: [IMG]http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr264/maryscknits/MarchVisit004.jpg[/IMG] However, this can only be used if the board you are posting to actually converts this code for you. To use HTML code to insert into this board, copy the direct link instead ie: http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr264/maryscknits/MarchVisit004.jpg then you have to add something to it. In the beginning add < img (no spaces between the bracket and the word img then add a space and src=", then add " > to the end of it, again with no space between the quote and the bracket. So, with out spaces < img src= "http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr264/maryscknits/MarchVisit004.jpg" would give you this image

ETA: If understanding what you are doing helps, here's an explanation of the "code" you are putting in. The brackets '< >' are encasing the "code" you want html to interpret. img stands for image, src stands for source, and what is contained between the quotes is the location of the image you want to include. Since the "code" you are including needs to be a single sentence, the only spaces that can be included are ones that separate the different parts of the sentence, like when we speak. You have to include the location of the image itself in quotes because it contains special characters and you have to make sure the interpreter understands that this entire piece is what is considered the source. Now, hopefully I haven't confused you even more!
    mary
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    George!!!
    What a great subject! I have to admit that George, our mutt whom we adopted right when I started chemo, saw me through the daily tribulations. My younger sister factored really high in supporting me, as well. My husband--not so much. George was so sweet; when I had pity parties while feeling really bad, he would bring a toy and drop it in my lap as if to say, "Come on, Mom. Nothing's that bad if you have toys! Here, I'll share mine." It was just too cute.

It is only recently that I have truly found faith in Jesus; I wish my eyes had been opened before everything came down, but better late than never. If I don't stay NED, I will have Jesus with me on that journey.

Hugs to Everyone,
    Kirsten
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    HTML Challenged
    I must be HTML challenged...when I tried to post a photo I used the img instruction and added the URL for my photo but it shows up on the post as one of those photo box icons - a small box with a red X in it, but no photo and no way to open or show the photo. Any tips?
  • CherylHutch
    usakat said:

HTML Challenged
    I must be HTML challenged...when I tried to post a photo I used the img instruction and added the URL for my photo but it shows up on the post as one of those photo box icons - a small box with a red X in it, but no photo and no way to open or show the photo. Any tips?

Katie....
    Did you remove the spaces after the first < and before the last >? Also, my big goof when I first tried it was I forgot one of the " marks. If that doesn't work for you, send me the link to your picture, starting with the http:// and ending with the .jpg or .gif (whatever the three character extension is of your picture... and I'll see if I can get it up and then send you the code I used :)

Huggggggs,

Cheryl
  • usakat
    An Attitude of Gratitude
    If I had to sum up what gives me comfort in one word it would be GRATITUDE.

I'm most grateful for and receive the most comfort from my husband and my family. I love them all and I know I am a much better person for having them in my life.

My husband, Bob AKA Spongebob, whom I met here at CSN, is my best friend and love of my life. If both of us had not been diagnosed with cancer we may not have ever met.

My mom is my other best friend. She knows me better than any other person (and still loves me!), she has always been there for me and I enjoy her company - she is fun, funny, adventurous and one of the most brave people I know. I love her more than I could ever find words to describe.

My brothers....then and still now...
    imageimage

My dad...then...and since cancer...now...
    imageimage
    Dad at work in 1969 at a
    waterpolo game with me
    and mom watching

And my kitties, gifts from Bob, Little Bit (because she is so tiny) and Baby

I am immensely blessed and very grateful.

"To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven." Johannes A. Gaertner
  • usakat

Katie....
    Did you remove the spaces after the first < and before the last >? Also, my big goof when I first tried it was I forgot one of the " marks. If that doesn't work for you, send me the link to your picture, starting with the http:// and ending with the .jpg or .gif (whatever the three character extension is of your picture... and I'll see if I can get it up and then send you the code I used :)

Huggggggs,

Cheryl

I figured it out...
    Thanks, Cheryl...I was not using the correct URL...but I got it working now...check out my peeps...
  • maglets
    usakat said:

An Attitude of Gratitude

I'm most grateful for and receive the most comfort from my husband and my family. I love them all and I know I am a much better person for having them in my life.

My husband, Bob AKA Spongebob, whom I met here at CSN, is my best friend and love of my life. If both of us had not been diagnosed with cancer we may not have ever met.

My mom is my other best friend. She knows me better than any other person (and still loves me!), she has always been there for me and I enjoy her company - she is fun, funny, adventurous and one of the most brave people I know. I love her more than I could ever find words to describe.

imageimage

imageimage
    Dad at work in 1969 at a
    waterpolo game with me
    and mom watching

"To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven." Johannes A. Gaertner

wow it worked
    this is the little cabin for chemo;;;thanks to everyone for the help on adding an image . Mary did you make those hats? they are gorgeous imagewinter cabin>
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    maglets said:

wow it worked
    this is the little cabin for chemo;;;thanks to everyone for the help on adding an image . Mary did you make those hats? they are gorgeous imagewinter cabin>

those hats
    Yes, and thank you very much. I try to make at least a hat a week to take to the onc's office. I go this week and I only have 2 right now, so I will have to get one done pronto! Luckily I can get a simple one done in no time! I can crochet and knit, but i prefer to knit even though they take longer to make!
    mary
  • CherylHutch
    usakat said:

An Attitude of Gratitude

imageimage

imageimage
    Dad at work in 1969 at a
    waterpolo game with me
    and mom watching

WOW!!
    Katie... you just blow me away! I did not know your and Bob's story and I am suitably impressed to say the least :) Not to give cancer any more power than it thinks it has over us... the fact it was because of BOTH of your DX's of cancer meant you were able to meet, fall in love, get married and now... look at the two of you!!! Gorgeous... both of you... and your little fur-babies are positively scrumptious!! I have to admit, I've always been a dog person... it's not that I don't like cats (and love kittens) but I guess I've just let dogs run my life. But... seeing the picture of Little Bit and Baby... I can see where I could turn into a cat lover pretty easily :)

Thank you for sharing a part of your life (and love) in photos! It really is true when they say a picture is worth a thousand words!!

Hugggggs,

Cheryl