Happy Day...

VickiCO
VickiCO Member Posts: 917
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I met with my oncologist. After reviewing everything, he has decided that I only need FOUR mop-up chemo runs. He says I will get a 5FU bolus 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) then be off for 3 weeks - four times. They will give me leucevorin (sp?) as well. Then, I will be DONE! Is this possible? I have been so blessed on this journey. All my prayers have been answered.

They are going to wait until 6 weeks after the surgery date to start...so nice that no one is urgently making plans. He said "We have time..."

Thank you all for being there. I am truly grateful.

Now to call the surgeon and ask about this blood clot stuff I am passing.Is it normal???

Vicki

Comments

• kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    WooHoo!!
    Vicki,

I am so very, truly happy for you! That is wonderful news. Go and enjoy your life!

Kimby
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    glad to hear
    Hi Vicki,
    So glad to hear that it will be over soon. It is always good to get better news.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Yes Vicki all your prayers
    Yes Vicki all your prayers and ours have been answered I'm so happy for you.Enjoy the good news!!
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    doing the happy dance!
    Great news! Time to relax a bit eh?
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    so glad to hear your news!
    Vicki, you have to be happy! I continue to pray for you, waiting to celebrate the day you are done with chemo!
    mary
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Take a big break.....
    The radiation will often work 4-6 weeks after the end of it and the surgery will kick ya back some also....Most of the cancer or all of the cancer was removed but we all want to assure ourselves that its all killed. Every Dr has his own determined conclusion of what is necessary to rid the system of its unwanted inhabitants. The Leucorvorin (sp) will keep it in your system longer than normal so Im sure it will be a great systemic preventative regimen for you. Lucky for you that it will be only 4 rounds....I would think the clotting may be coming from the intestinal wall that was resected. the intestine bleeds very easily but Dr will make that diagnosis... You have come a long way sweetie and deservedly so...........God Bless ya......Keep the Chin up....
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Buzzard said:

Take a big break.....
    The radiation will often work 4-6 weeks after the end of it and the surgery will kick ya back some also....Most of the cancer or all of the cancer was removed but we all want to assure ourselves that its all killed. Every Dr has his own determined conclusion of what is necessary to rid the system of its unwanted inhabitants. The Leucorvorin (sp) will keep it in your system longer than normal so Im sure it will be a great systemic preventative regimen for you. Lucky for you that it will be only 4 rounds....I would think the clotting may be coming from the intestinal wall that was resected. the intestine bleeds very easily but Dr will make that diagnosis... You have come a long way sweetie and deservedly so...........God Bless ya......Keep the Chin up....

YAH!
    I am so happy for you! I hope to be following in path here soon!
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273
    ALRIGHT V ICKI
    NOW you get to enjoy life and relax finnally I am so happy for you enjoy the
    rest of the day[nite] now you certanly deserve it

I am so happy for you that is great news finally you get to breathe a sigh of relief enjoy
    and take care to have some fun

hugs Sheri
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    sheri22 said:

ALRIGHT V ICKI
    NOW you get to enjoy life and relax finnally I am so happy for you enjoy the
    rest of the day[nite] now you certanly deserve it

I am so happy for you that is great news finally you get to breathe a sigh of relief enjoy
    and take care to have some fun

hugs Sheri

YAY!!
    That's awesome news Vicki! I'm on the Folfiri, (leucovorin in it also) just started, and hope I get good results with it, you have given me more hope now, always love hearing news like this, thanks for sharing, and good luck with the treatments, you get a have a wonderful new life again! YAY!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yay!
    That's fantastic! We're all so happy for you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Good to call....
    Probably nothing....

I'm so happy that everything is going well! You deserve it! You kept the faith thru alot of worrying times...

Before you know it, you will be like me...over 4 years post-dx, chemo, rads, surgery, special pillow (lol!), and now, even my gastric surgeon is saying 'cured'!

Hugs, Kathi
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    KathiM said:

Good to call....
    Probably nothing....

I'm so happy that everything is going well! You deserve it! You kept the faith thru alot of worrying times...

Before you know it, you will be like me...over 4 years post-dx, chemo, rads, surgery, special pillow (lol!), and now, even my gastric surgeon is saying 'cured'!

Hugs, Kathi

Celebrate
    Fantastic news......I am sure you feel as I did with my good news that
    a great weight has been lifted off you.....go celebrate!

Hugs,
    Barbara
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Buzzard said:

Take a big break.....

As always...Buzzard is right!
    First of all, thanks everyone, for all the kudos. At first I felt a twinge of guilt and wasn't going to say anything, but you guys have been with me literally from Day 1 and are my closest friends...and I knew you would be happy for me.

Yes Buzzard, doctor said that when he examined me Monday (good old digital) he stirred things up. I had a slight fever and therefore worried. He said the fever was more from juts fighting to get better than anything else.

So happy today.....I am all alone for the first time. My good friend went home last night, and today I am working (slowly and carefully!)

Vicki
  • ldot123
    ldot123 Member Posts: 272
    dixchi said:

Celebrate
    Fantastic news......I am sure you feel as I did with my good news that
    a great weight has been lifted off you.....go celebrate!

Hugs,
    Barbara

Great news
    I had the exact same treatment for chemo. Injections 5 times a week then 3 weeks off - only mine went for 6 months. It is amazing how fast I went through the treatment. Remember to rest and take it easy when you can.

Lance
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Light at the end!
    Hey, it's the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not another train! Yay!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Hugs,
    Kirsten