SURGERY TIME TOMORROW FOR HOP

captainhop
captainhop Member Posts: 156
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Our surgery is tomorrow at 0920 and we have to be there at 0730. Bit of anxiety here tonight. Hop has done all the "clean=out" thing and had only liquids to eat/drink. All 4 of our sons are going to be there with us, so that'll help. They're a big source of positive attitude for their dad.

Will update here and Caringbridge as I know things.

Keep those prayers coming.

Luv ya all,

Marygale and Hop

Comments

• keepnthefaith
    keepnthefaith Member Posts: 36
    Blessings
    I pray God's blessings on you all. It was much tougher for my family than for me while I was in surgery. I know your sons will be a great comfort to you and lots of help to you both once surgery is over. I am believing that everything will work out fine and that his recovery from surgery will go smoothly.
    Hugs,
    Felicia
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Anxiety here also.....
    Hop will be fine...tomorrow will go by in a blur and the second day will be better for everyone. Hop will be more himself the 2nd day and he will pretty much be through the daze of anesthesia. He will more than likely have a morphine pump to push when he wants. I found that it was better for me the first 2 days to push-push-push as much as possible. It will only allow him so much but it was better for me to have it already going before I starting hurting and there really was never to much pain. The 3rd day I was off the meds completely. I wanted to go home...A few Lortabs and then it was over. Just aggravation sitting but nothing to bad....Hop will be fine...He has a great team....Keep smiling and reassuring him that everything is fine. Thats what we all wanna hear.....God Bless you all tomorrow...we'll be praying for ya'll.....and Hop....hang in there buddy, they'll give ya some of that feel good in the mornin' and then its over. All ya gotta do is heal...you just finished with the worse part..the cleanout......and please understand that all of you will go through 1000 different emotions through all of this , some immediate, some prolonged, but its natural, your life is being completely changed, but we are alive and thats the ultimate goal, living......we love ya'll......

God Bless ya'll...talk with ya'll tomorrow..............
  • captainhop
    Buzzard said:

Anxiety here also.....
    Hop will be fine...tomorrow will go by in a blur and the second day will be better for everyone. Hop will be more himself the 2nd day and he will pretty much be through the daze of anesthesia. He will more than likely have a morphine pump to push when he wants. I found that it was better for me the first 2 days to push-push-push as much as possible. It will only allow him so much but it was better for me to have it already going before I starting hurting and there really was never to much pain. The 3rd day I was off the meds completely. I wanted to go home...A few Lortabs and then it was over. Just aggravation sitting but nothing to bad....Hop will be fine...He has a great team....Keep smiling and reassuring him that everything is fine. Thats what we all wanna hear.....God Bless you all tomorrow...we'll be praying for ya'll.....and Hop....hang in there buddy, they'll give ya some of that feel good in the mornin' and then its over. All ya gotta do is heal...you just finished with the worse part..the cleanout......and please understand that all of you will go through 1000 different emotions through all of this , some immediate, some prolonged, but its natural, your life is being completely changed, but we are alive and thats the ultimate goal, living......we love ya'll......

God Bless ya'll...talk with ya'll tomorrow..............

BUZZ
    There you go again, saying all the right things that put our minds at ease. I printed your msg. out (as well as Felicia's) and Hop is reading them.

Speaking of a blur ------- sorta in a blur tonight....Think I have everything organized here at home, as well as for when we're away. And, I hope you're right about the second day. Am I guessing right that Hop will be sleeping mostly the first day??

Thank you ever so very much for everything. I'll get back w/ the group tomorrow.

Luv ya,
    Hop and Marygale
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Sending prayers
    Thinking of you both tonight. I know it is a scary time and I am sure you are both very anxious. I remember it all too well. It almost seems that the worrying and the anxiety of it all was worse than the reality of getting it all over with. I know everything will be fine--stay positive and keep the faith. This will all be a bad memory before you know it! It is so nice that you have your boys there with you---hugs to all of you. Keep us posted.

Faith
  • captainhop

Blessings
    I pray God's blessings on you all. It was much tougher for my family than for me while I was in surgery. I know your sons will be a great comfort to you and lots of help to you both once surgery is over. I am believing that everything will work out fine and that his recovery from surgery will go smoothly.
    Hugs,
    Felicia

FELICIA
    Thanks so much sweetie. We need words like that. I'm trying to think like you and be positive. That sense of calm I had is back, so maybe God, in all his wisdom is telling me something. I'll check back in sometime tomorrow w/ an update.

God Bless you and Yours,

Hop and Marygale
  • captainhop

Sending prayers
    Thinking of you both tonight. I know it is a scary time and I am sure you are both very anxious. I remember it all too well. It almost seems that the worrying and the anxiety of it all was worse than the reality of getting it all over with. I know everything will be fine--stay positive and keep the faith. This will all be a bad memory before you know it! It is so nice that you have your boys there with you---hugs to all of you. Keep us posted.

Faith

FAITH
    Thank you so very much for the thoughts and prayers. I'm going to carry your positive attitude with us tomorrow. We'll just be glad when it's all over with and we're on the road to healing.

God Bless,
    Hop and Marygale
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    God be with you!
    I am praying for you and Hop to sleep restfully tonight and wake up tomorrow knowing that He has your back and everything will be as it should be. I was told later that my mother had been so worried about me through the surgery that when she got the phone call when my surgery was done that I was ok she broke down and cried like a baby! She had been trying so desperately to be strong! I'm just saying, Marygale, take care of yourself and don't try to be too brave! We are human, we have emotions, and this cancer crap takes a toll! Allow yourself to be weak when you need to be; God is waiting to carry you.
    mary
  • captainhop
    msccolon said:

God be with you!
    I am praying for you and Hop to sleep restfully tonight and wake up tomorrow knowing that He has your back and everything will be as it should be. I was told later that my mother had been so worried about me through the surgery that when she got the phone call when my surgery was done that I was ok she broke down and cried like a baby! She had been trying so desperately to be strong! I'm just saying, Marygale, take care of yourself and don't try to be too brave! We are human, we have emotions, and this cancer crap takes a toll! Allow yourself to be weak when you need to be; God is waiting to carry you.
    mary

MARY
    Thanks so much, Mary.....Honestly, I just feel drained and we've only just begun..

Thank you for your concerns, prayers and words of wisdom and encouragement. I'll remember them tomorrow.

Blessings,
    Hop and Marygale
  • amcp
    amcp Member Posts: 251 Member
    Prayers
    Just wanted to let you know that you and Hop will be in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow as they have been for a while now. The waiting is long but keep positive thoughts and know that God is receiving alot of prayers for Hop and you. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel our hugs and prayes.
    God Be With You Both
    Anna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    More prayers
    You're both in our prayers. I hope the surgery goes very smoothly. He'll probably sleep a lot after the surgery, so you allow yourself to close your eyes a bit, too, okay?

*hugs*
    Gail
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Jeremiah 30:17
    "For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds," says the Lord.

-Jeremiah 30:17
  • MoonDragon
    MoonDragon Member Posts: 183
    Angles watching over you!
    You're both in my thoughts and prayers, praying for strength, good news, peace and protection for all involved. Please keep us updated.

Hugs!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Prayers are on their way!
    Please keep us posted, dearheart.

Hugs, Kathi
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Well, you are there now...
    And we are praying for you. Tell Hop to have a good sleep! And hug your sons, a lot. Talk to you soon...

Vicki
  • captainhop
    CAPTAIN'S UPDATE
    Ok....they just took Hop down to surgery at 0930....had given himm some "happy meds", so he wasn't suffering...Nurse Leision (sp) just came out and told me they put him to sleep at 0935. More later
  • Buzzard

CAPTAIN'S UPDATE
    Ok....they just took Hop down to surgery at 0930....had given himm some "happy meds", so he wasn't suffering...Nurse Leision (sp) just came out and told me they put him to sleep at 0935. More later

LaLa Land....
    He's good to go now..All the anxiety for him is over. Now we have to contain yours and theirs...We looking at 5-7 hrs probably ? Relax, get some coffee or a nice warm drink and be sure to eat something....We tend to get more nervous when our bellies are empty...and whatever else be happy no matter what...He's with us ...and he will be witty,groggy, and simply glad its over with as all of ya'll will....Hops talking with the Man upstairs right now so hes in great shape...The Man upstairs will send him back in great spirits and good health.....God Bless ya girl.....
  • captainhop
    Buzzard said:

LaLa Land....
    He's good to go now..All the anxiety for him is over. Now we have to contain yours and theirs...We looking at 5-7 hrs probably ? Relax, get some coffee or a nice warm drink and be sure to eat something....We tend to get more nervous when our bellies are empty...and whatever else be happy no matter what...He's with us ...and he will be witty,groggy, and simply glad its over with as all of ya'll will....Hops talking with the Man upstairs right now so hes in great shape...The Man upstairs will send him back in great spirits and good health.....God Bless ya girl.....

BUZZ
    Do you really think Hop is talking w/ God right now? If so, I wish he'd tell God about this really rude family in the surgical waiting room, with a small child ...they're playing cards and ignoring this screaming little monster. Gotta tell ya, driving everyone else bananas. I've complained once and will again if need be. Very disrespectful My nerves do not need this.

Marygale
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member

BUZZ
    Do you really think Hop is talking w/ God right now? If so, I wish he'd tell God about this really rude family in the surgical waiting room, with a small child ...they're playing cards and ignoring this screaming little monster. Gotta tell ya, driving everyone else bananas. I've complained once and will again if need be. Very disrespectful My nerves do not need this.

Marygale

child
    My prayers are with you. The little one should get some peanut butter, would make it hard for her to talk. Not the peanut butter that's been making people sick. Praying for a healing miracle. God give you strength.
  • Buzzard

BUZZ

Marygale

MaryGale......
    Yep, Hes talking to God right now...and their both getting a kick out of ya'll having to put up with the monster while their both back in the O.R. taking it easy.....The kid is a way to get your nerves up so as to take whatever God throws at you. But, remember, He will only give you what you can handle. He will carry the rest. He is readying you for the recovery process that is fixing to unfold in your house. He is testing your attitude and patience skills, you will need them when recovery starts...The child will reap what he sows, trust me, no deed be it good or bad goes without some type of reward, good or bad.....Its a shame Dr. Phil is not there..He would take care of it immediately.....God Bless ya hun....I know what you are going through...........
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard said:

MaryGale......
    Yep, Hes talking to God right now...and their both getting a kick out of ya'll having to put up with the monster while their both back in the O.R. taking it easy.....The kid is a way to get your nerves up so as to take whatever God throws at you. But, remember, He will only give you what you can handle. He will carry the rest. He is readying you for the recovery process that is fixing to unfold in your house. He is testing your attitude and patience skills, you will need them when recovery starts...The child will reap what he sows, trust me, no deed be it good or bad goes without some type of reward, good or bad.....Its a shame Dr. Phil is not there..He would take care of it immediately.....God Bless ya hun....I know what you are going through...........

Caringbridge
    Anyone know CaptainHops caringbridge name, how do I find it. I went in but didn't know what to type in...thanks.......