Update on RFA

hopefulone
hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi everyone. Bob had the rfa done on Thursday. He is doing extremely well and I am relieved that it went so smooth. The doctor says he's pretty confident he got it all again, but it was tricky in the beginning because they had a hard time precisely seeing the mets so they gave him another contrast ct before the procedure and during. It was fairly quick and he was in recovery about an hour and a half later, back home Thursday nite. It's amazing to me that he doesn't even have a stitch LOL. (especially after having 56 staples for the liver resection) So, we go back on Dec 23 for another ct, right at this doctor's office and get the results about 15 minutes later. We'll be seeing the ONC again soon and probably another port surgery, but for now I'm just relieved that this went so well. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers . Keep the faith
Diane

Comments

• sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    Great news
    Diane,

Great news, Diane. I also had a RFA. It beats surgery! Take care,

Debbie
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Great!
    That's great. I'm glad it went so well!
    *hugs*

Gail
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    so glad to hear it!
    So glad to hear your husband's RFA went so well! I was reading 56 stitches! I have an incision from just below the sternum to just above the pelvic bone and they didn't put anything NEAR 56 staples in! Of course, the second time they went in thankfully they used surgical glue so no additional tracks down the tummy and no holes that needed extra healing time!
    mary
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Thankful!
    Hi Diane,

I am thankful Bob's RFA went so smoothly. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, and I hope Bob recuperates quickly from this procedure.

Hugs,

Kay
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Positive News!
    This all sounds great. Bob is making this look easy! (although I know it is not!) I am so glad things are going well. I am feeling a lot of good vibes---the cancer is gone for good this time. Wishing you and your family a great Thanksgiving. Keep believing!

Faith
  • JMARIE66
    JMARIE66 Member Posts: 55
    Diane
    WoW! Great news!!

Diane
    WoW! Great news!! Enjoy the Holiday!! I will keep your husband in my prayers and hope you get a clean Pet on the 23rd. Take this time to snuggle with a blanket, good movie and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the season!!
    JMarie