AVASTIN

hollyw80
hollyw80 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE OR KNOWS ANYONE THAT HAS TAKEN AVASTIN ALONG WITH THEIR CHEMO. WHAT WAS IT LIKE AND WERE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS. MY MOM IS SCHEDULED TO START HER CHEMO WITH TAXOL, CABAPLATIN AND AVASTIN ON NOVEMBER 3RD. THANK YOU!!

Comments

• sunshine_is_007
    sunshine_is_007 Member Posts: 11
    avastin
    I would like to know more myself, I'm going to be researching more today. My doctor just ordered that combination for me. I'll share what information I find. By now I see that your mother has had her treatment with the avastin, how is she doing ? ~Sunshine~
  • MadelynJoe
    MadelynJoe Member Posts: 96
    Avastin
    Holly:

A friend in my cancer support group has kept her liver tumors stable for two years with Avastin. It is an awesome drug! It cuts off the blood supply to the tumors. The side effects are minimal from what my friend says.

Best regards and prayers for you and your Mom.

Madelyn
  • blondie1
    blondie1 Member Posts: 4
    Avastin
    I also took Avastin along with my chemo (same as your mom's). The side effects from the Avastin are nothing compared with the chemo. But the results are fantastic! It put me in remission for a year, and after a second round of chemo I am in remission again. My doctor swears it is from the Avastin. I wish your Mom the best of luck. I was stage IV Adenode metetastic lung cancer(lymph node involvement). There is hope, and even though she will feel like she is going through hell, the results can be miraculous.
  • Teri_50
    Teri_50 Member Posts: 3
    blondie1 said:

Avastin
    I also took Avastin along with my chemo (same as your mom's). The side effects from the Avastin are nothing compared with the chemo. But the results are fantastic! It put me in remission for a year, and after a second round of chemo I am in remission again. My doctor swears it is from the Avastin. I wish your Mom the best of luck. I was stage IV Adenode metetastic lung cancer(lymph node involvement). There is hope, and even though she will feel like she is going through hell, the results can be miraculous.

Avastin
    I just joined this site and have been told that my cancer is in remission. I was diagnosed in October 2008 with Stage III lung cancer and was given the same chemo treatment. I am now receiving only the Avastin and I'm going for my 2nd treatment this Friday. So far, I have had no side effects from the Avastin treatment. I do, however, have neuropathy and I feel is lessening.

I notice that your last entry was in November -- I hope all is well with you.

Denise
  • Teri_50
    Teri_50 Member Posts: 3
    Avastin
    I am in remission after being treated with the same combo of chemo drugs as your mom. I was diagnosed in October 2008 and began my treatments sometime in November. How has your mom fared with this treatment.

I can honestly say it was not as bad and I thought chemo would have been, I was blessed by not having and negative reactions, ie., nausea or vomiting. I did get tired and suffered from joint pain in the legs from the taxol. I still have some numbness in the feet and fingertips that seems to be lessening somewhat.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator