CP6-Stay well, have FUN!!!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
WOW! Only a bit over a week till CP6, S.F.!!!!

I will miss you all...and, well, the rumor about me not going to any city that doesn't have a Coyote Ugly bar is just NOT TRUE!!!! (I think Istanbul has one...)

Please, all of you that are going, get together for one group hug for me. And stay away from the 'tenderloin' after dark!!!!!!

I just checked on the weather in Turkey...BRRRRRRR! Highs in the low 60's, Lows in the low 40's.....looks like sunny, though....but NO NEKKED sunbathing for me...rofl.

I will be checking the local T.V. broadcasts for 'Group of marauding semi-colons invade San Francisco'.....lol!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Should Be Fun!
    Thanks Kathi,

CP-6 should be a BLAST! We leave tomorrow for Las Vegas for a few days and on to San Francisco Wednesday. Maybe I will check out Coyote Ugly in Las Vegas.........

Have a safe trip to Turkey,

Lisa
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Why are you going
    WHy are you going to Turkey? Is it for pleasure or work? Sounds like you travel alot, I do as well but for work. I dont usually get much time to see all the places I go, but I am very glad I have seen a lot of different places in this great big world.
    Beth
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    dorookie said:

Why are you going
    WHy are you going to Turkey? Is it for pleasure or work? Sounds like you travel alot, I do as well but for work. I dont usually get much time to see all the places I go, but I am very glad I have seen a lot of different places in this great big world.
    Beth

Because it was there.....
    Pleasure (I sincerely hope! lol).

Since all of my cancer troubles, and my beau's heart troubles, and the deaths of my ex- at 62 and my daughter at 22, it is completely clear that we need to start having some FUN! I subscribed to all of the e-mail trip notices, and one came in thru Hotwire that was "Cheap Turkey". We fly to Istanbul, grab a bus for a 12-day tour of Turkey. We will see Troy, the hot springs at Pamukkale, and the temples of Cappadocia, as well as the whirling dervishes and float down the Bosphorus like the queens of old (peel me a grape, will you dear?...lol!).

My beau now also has inheirited a house in The Netherlands, so we are making plans to live there 6 months and in America the other 6 months of the year...WHEW!

Sooooo....we are blessed that right now our health is holding, and we have been clearly shown that our lives ARE fragile. I agree, Beth...I am grateful that I have seen, and will be able to see, so many splendors of the world.

Hugs, Kathi