Stage IV/PET Scan/NED

rrob
rrob Member Posts: 158
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just wanted to share my news! I was dx'd Stage iv cc in Oct '07, had 2 surgeries, then started FOLFOX in Jan '08 and finished in June. From February, my CT Scans have shown NED. I had a PET scan done last Wednesday and saw my oncologist today--I'm still NED!! Keep on fighting!

Rebecca

Comments

• jenhopesprays
    jenhopesprays Member Posts: 128 Member
    Yahoo Rebecca,
    So happy to

Yahoo Rebecca,

So happy to hear you're NED!!!!!! What good news.

Revel, Savor and Enjoy!

I was curious where your mets were?
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    Great News
    Hi,
    What great news, I am thrilled reading your post..Hugs to you, Audrey.
  • rrob

Yahoo Rebecca,
    So happy to

Yahoo Rebecca,

So happy to hear you're NED!!!!!! What good news.

Revel, Savor and Enjoy!

I was curious where your mets were?

Mets
    My mets were to my ovaries; at first, my doctors thought I had ovarian cancer, but pathology showed colon cancer. I am so happy and pray that other survivors can enjoy NED time, too!

Rebecca
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Great News!
    Hi Rebecca,

Fabulous news, indeed!!! Thanks for sharing. We all celebrate your wellness!

Hugs,

Kay
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    NED!
    Congratulations, Rebecca! Prayers for continued existence in NEDland for you!
    Mary
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Great News!
    Always good to hear news like that! Hope you can go celebrate!
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member

Great News!
    Always good to hear news like that! Hope you can go celebrate!

Super :)
    Super great news. Many more years of NED for you. Keep the faith.
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    Congratulations
    Rebecca,

Wonderful news!

Debbie
  • joj56
    joj56 Member Posts: 13
    rrob said:

Mets
    My mets were to my ovaries; at first, my doctors thought I had ovarian cancer, but pathology showed colon cancer. I am so happy and pray that other survivors can enjoy NED time, too!

Rebecca

Sounds like me!
    Hi Rebecca,

Congrats on the NED! Way to go.
    I just recently came across this discussion board a few weeks ago. Newly diagnosed as of 7/25/08 with stage IV cc- mets to the ovaries. Drs. thought I had ovarian cancer, but surprise they said it was colon.
    I am sure you have posted something before, but was wondering how you tolerated the folfox6 treatment.
    I am just learning the lingo and figured out NED stands for No evidence of Disease.
    After my surgery (hysterectomy) the drs. said they got all they could see with 13 out of 28 postive nodes. I just had a PET scan two weeks ago which showed negative which I thought was a good thing, but my onc doesn't seem quite as excited. I had a CT scan today (had my first one prior to surgery) and start chemo Wed.
    To tell you the truth, I am kinda scared about it, but want to get going with it.
    I feel deep down I will do o.k. just wanted to hear what yours and others folfox experience was like.
    Again, congrats on the NED and I will be keeping everyone here in my prayers.
    Jeri
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Great news!
    It's always such a relief to have scans done and be NED. Glad you let us know. Everyone needs that kind of good news.
    Jo Ann
  • impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    Outstanding. I love to hear
    Outstanding. I love to hear great news like this!
    Enjoy and god bless you
    Chip
  • rrob
    joj56 said:

Sounds like me!
    Hi Rebecca,

Congrats on the NED! Way to go.
    I just recently came across this discussion board a few weeks ago. Newly diagnosed as of 7/25/08 with stage IV cc- mets to the ovaries. Drs. thought I had ovarian cancer, but surprise they said it was colon.
    I am sure you have posted something before, but was wondering how you tolerated the folfox6 treatment.
    I am just learning the lingo and figured out NED stands for No evidence of Disease.
    After my surgery (hysterectomy) the drs. said they got all they could see with 13 out of 28 postive nodes. I just had a PET scan two weeks ago which showed negative which I thought was a good thing, but my onc doesn't seem quite as excited. I had a CT scan today (had my first one prior to surgery) and start chemo Wed.
    To tell you the truth, I am kinda scared about it, but want to get going with it.
    I feel deep down I will do o.k. just wanted to hear what yours and others folfox experience was like.
    Again, congrats on the NED and I will be keeping everyone here in my prayers.
    Jeri

Sounds like me
    Jeri, I remember how scared I was after my diagnosis and before treatment. It's okay to be scared--you've been hit with alot, but you can do it. The FOLFOX was manageable; it's different for everyone. I had a problem with nausea, but after I started taking Zofran and Ativan, it was not nearly as bad. I had tingling in my hands and feet when exposed to cold (wear gloves, even when getting things out of the fridge) and I couldn't drink anything cold because it felt like there was something stuck in my throat when I would try to swallow cold things. I drank room temp water and don't be shy if you're out--ask for drinks without ice.

I also had diarrhea, but my oncologist prescribed Lomotil and it was a real help. I also started having massage therapy through Cancer Care Services and it really helped with my moods and the side effects. Sloan-Kettering did a study which proved that massage therapy helped reduce some of the chemo side effects--I highly recommend it.

Just remember to take care of yourself and let others help. Your job is fighting this disease, so put yourself first. I also avoided crowds and carried hand sanitizer everywhere to try to avoid colds, etc. since my immunities were suppressed.

You can beat this! Good luck--you are in my prayers. Please let me know how you are doing. This board is a great source of information, support, and strength. Keep fighting! It seems like a hill right now, but count down every treatment and soon you will be past the middle and then you'll be finished!

Rebecca
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    CONGRATS
    Another partner dancing with NED :):)
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Congrats!!!
    Happy Dancing here for you!!! Congrats and go out and celebrate! We always need plenty of these types of posts.

Lisa F
  • krystiesq
    krystiesq Member Posts: 240 Member

Congrats!!!
    Happy Dancing here for you!!! Congrats and go out and celebrate! We always need plenty of these types of posts.

Lisa F

Did you have any other mets
    Did you have any other mets when you were dx?
  • rrob
    krystiesq said:

Did you have any other mets
    Did you have any other mets when you were dx?

Mets
    The only mets I had when I was dx'd were to my ovaries. One was the size of a canteloupe and the other a grapefruit.

Rebecca
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yay!
    Way to go! That's great news!

*hugs*
    Gail