Where are you from?

msccolon
msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just wondering! I am from the Hickory, NC area.
Mary

Comments

• valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348 Member
    COLORADO
    Hi Mary!
    I've lived in Colorado my whole life. 15 months ago, we bought a small ranch and we now live on Silt Mesa-still in Colorado. We have 9 chickens, 1 really mean rooster, 2 donkeys, 4 cows, 1 raunchy bull, 5 ducks, 4 dogs and 4 cats. It's crazy, but I love Colorado. Summers are wonderful and winters are beautiful.
    God bless-
    Val
  • msccolon
    valeriec said:

COLORADO
    Hi Mary!
    I've lived in Colorado my whole life. 15 months ago, we bought a small ranch and we now live on Silt Mesa-still in Colorado. We have 9 chickens, 1 really mean rooster, 2 donkeys, 4 cows, 1 raunchy bull, 5 ducks, 4 dogs and 4 cats. It's crazy, but I love Colorado. Summers are wonderful and winters are beautiful.
    God bless-
    Val

Colorado
    Awesome, Val! When I'm not playing on the computer, I write software for a company using a database development system written by a guy who lives in Denver! I've only been one time about 10 years ago or so but really enjoyed it!
    Mary
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Born and raised in San Diego
    Born and raised in San Diego California! Lately it feels more like Africa!

Hey, Notice how the three of us all joined CSN in October of different years?
  • Madre
    Madre Member Posts: 123
    Eastern USA
    Colorado and San Diego all sound nice, I'm from Syracuse, NY born and raised. Smack dab in the middle of the state. Fall is just around the corner and it is my favorite season, the trees turn colors the air is crisp and we go apple and pumpkin picking. Then of course winter and snow come back to visit. Oh well, lived with it all my life :)
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Northern Virginia
    Born and raised in Northern Virginia (outside DC). Moved to the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia in 2004. Beautiful countryside, but miss Virginia.
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Where Are You From?
    I'm here in Cincinnati....land of Skyline Chili that all the presidential candidates
    come to eat during their campaigning....even Hilary.....and Pete Rose/Johnny Bench
    REDS, boy does that date me! Originally from Alabama/Georgia.....land of collard greens,
    corbread and good BBQ.
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Midwest
    I'm in Ohio near the Indiana/Michigan border. I lived in Arizona for 5 years and the west is certainly prettier and warmer than Ohio! This is a wonderful time of year here, so I plan to enjoy it.

Kimby
  • Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277
    valeriec said:

COLORADO
    Hi Mary!
    God bless-
    Val

Originally from Canada
    Hi, I'm born and raised in Ontario Canada, met my husband online in 1998 and moved to Staten Island, NY and married my husband 1999. After 9/11/01 we moved down to the Jersey Shore - much more serene here and less stress.

Sandi
  • krystiesq
    krystiesq Member Posts: 240 Member
    kimby said:

Midwest
    I'm in Ohio near the Indiana/Michigan border. I lived in Arizona for 5 years and the west is certainly prettier and warmer than Ohio! This is a wonderful time of year here, so I plan to enjoy it.

Kimby

Ohio!
    I grew up in southern Ohio on my parents' beautiful farm. I LOVE it here. I love every season, especially the beautiful harvest season.
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    krystiesq said:

Ohio!
    I grew up in southern Ohio on my parents' beautiful farm. I LOVE it here. I love every season, especially the beautiful harvest season.

ohio vs arizona
    The seasons are what I really missed in Arizona (oh yeah, family too! LOL) I love the changes, and even the dreary rainy days. My BIL and SIL live in Cinncinati and their kids live in Dayton. You are in good company!

Kimby
  • msccolon

Born and raised in San Diego
    Born and raised in San Diego California! Lately it feels more like Africa!

Hey, Notice how the three of us all joined CSN in October of different years?

San Diego
    I went to SDSU for 2 terms! Then stayed around and partied for 2 years before returning to my parents' home in florida! We had lived in San Diego for a few years while growing up; daddy is retired military and we made the circuit in california while he attended schools! It is really beautiful out there! I loved the black mountains!

Apparently October was a good(?!!!) month! I laughed when I saw someone who had been diagnosed in October 2003, not that the diagnosis was funny, but that was when I kicked out my ex and was just a few months prior to my initial diagnosis!
    Mary
  • jenhopesprays
    jenhopesprays Member Posts: 128 Member
    Ventura County

I'm from Thousand Oaks California. This is between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.
  • msccolon
    Sandi1 said:

Originally from Canada
    Hi, I'm born and raised in Ontario Canada, met my husband online in 1998 and moved to Staten Island, NY and married my husband 1999. After 9/11/01 we moved down to the Jersey Shore - much more serene here and less stress.

Sandi

Canada
    Sandi, So how do you like it in the states? What about health care differences? We hear so much about how much better it is elsewhere when you don't have to pay the huge amounts of money we do here.
    Mary
  • msccolon

Ventura County

I'm from Thousand Oaks California. This is between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.

Thousand Oaks
    Military connection? Maybe I'm thinking of Twenty-nine palms (they both have numbers in their names!). I lived in Port Hueneme, Oxnard and Monterey which I THINK are in the area as well. California is such a beautiful state, but all of my family is now on the East Coast.
    Mary
  • msccolon
    Madre said:

Eastern USA
    Colorado and San Diego all sound nice, I'm from Syracuse, NY born and raised. Smack dab in the middle of the state. Fall is just around the corner and it is my favorite season, the trees turn colors the air is crisp and we go apple and pumpkin picking. Then of course winter and snow come back to visit. Oh well, lived with it all my life :)

New York
    I have driven through but never had the pleasure of staying anywhere in New York! I do hear the seasons are nice up there! I spent most of my life in California or Florida, so I never learned to appreciate the changing seasons. Once I moved here, i finally got what people liked about the leaf colors, the temperature changes, etc! Spring is still my favorite season, but i do love the apple festival further up the mountain.
    Mary
  • msccolon
    nudgie said:

Northern Virginia
    Born and raised in Northern Virginia (outside DC). Moved to the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia in 2004. Beautiful countryside, but miss Virginia.

Virginia
    Nudgie, My ex's sister lived in Arlington for a few years. I used to travel to DC for business and stayed with them once. I commuted in with her husband, since he worked in DC. OMG! From then on i just got hotels in DC near to my meeting spot! She has since remarried and is living in the Atlanta area, as is my ex! My daughter's husband's family is from Weirton, West Virginia; is that anywhere near you?
    Mary
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    NY to Ca to Tx to Fl
    Hi! Fun question. I was born in New York and raised in Valley Stream on Long Island. Got married and moved to Ca. where I spent 40 years mostly in Santa Clarita which is between LA and Bakersfield. Then, moved to Texas when my son and his family went. (I was retired by then.) Now, I am in Florida where once again my son and family moved when his company moved him. I am in the Tampa area and really like it. Ca. is my favorite, but it is a bit expensive and the freeways are too crazy for me now. My daughter and family live on the coast south of San Francisco so I fly there at least once or twice a year.
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    Minnesota
    I was born in Portsmouth England, Moved to Wisconsin when i was 7 and to Minneapolis MN when I was 21. been here ever since. I love the 4 seasons here.
    Mark
  • msccolon
    dixchi said:

Where Are You From?
    I'm here in Cincinnati....land of Skyline Chili that all the presidential candidates
    come to eat during their campaigning....even Hilary.....and Pete Rose/Johnny Bench
    REDS, boy does that date me! Originally from Alabama/Georgia.....land of collard greens,
    corbread and good BBQ.

Ohio
    My BEST friend, who passed away October 19th, was born in Cleveland and was raised in Brunswick. We met when her husband and my husband were both stationed in the Charleston, SC area. We kept in contact over 17 years and many transfers. I really miss her.
    Mary
  • msccolon
    Limey said:

Minnesota
    I was born in Portsmouth England, Moved to Wisconsin when i was 7 and to Minneapolis MN when I was 21. been here ever since. I love the 4 seasons here.
    Mark

Minnesota
    And you HAVE to like the snow, huh?
    Mary