Anyone familiar with Herceptin?

shannalanai
shannalanai Member Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
One of my friends is a survivor of stage IV breast cancer. They gave her 6-12 months to live because it was so aggressive. That was 2 years ago and she is in remission now. She said that they gave her Herceptin towards the end of her treatments and it was called the miracle drug. She believes that it is why she is doing so well now. She is suggesting that my mom and I look into it for her. She even said that if they had given her the Herceptin at the beginning of treatments she probably would not have her hair fall out. Anyone know anything about it or been on it?

Comments

• jagged
    jagged Member Posts: 55
    Herceptin is specifically for herceptin receptive breast cancer. It is a miracle drug. It was taken out of testing early because it does works so well.

Check out the breast cancer board. You will fine more information there.
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    jagged said:

Herceptin is specifically for herceptin receptive breast cancer. It is a miracle drug. It was taken out of testing early because it does works so well.

Check out the breast cancer board. You will fine more information there.

Wouldn't it be great if we had more miracle drugs for lung cancer! Unfortunately the money to research them is not there like it is for breast cancer. I hope things get better soon, because I don't see the problem of lung cancer going away in the near future.