husband's biopsy benign...still problems

mila6062
mila6062 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
My husband had his biopsy in April and thankfully the results were benign. Since that time he has had two bouts of prostatitis.....urgency, incontinence, frequency, etc. Both times the urologist put him on antibiotics. They were helpful for a short time, then the symptoms started again. Do you think he should get a second opinion or is this common?

Thank you.

Comments

• JoeMac
    JoeMac Member Posts: 77
    Aloha mila6062,
    I would suggest that a web-search (www.dogpile.com) be made for prostatitis. There is a national site with very good recommendations and several University sites reporting on work in this area. Pelvic pain is also a good search for prostatitis. I have had two very painful (on floor crying) sessions of prostatitis. What I got from these sites is basicly that infection is probably not the cause or source of the prostatitis and therefore antibiotics work only in very few cases.
    Hang in there, it does take time, I'm just beginning to see a brighter light at the end of the tunnel after six months.
    JoeMac
  • mila6062
    mila6062 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'm beginning to believe it's not an infection because the minute he stops the antibiotics, the symptoms return.
    I will be searching dogpile for help. Thanks for the link.
    Mila
  • JoeMac
    JoeMac Member Posts: 77
    mila6062 said:

Thanks for your reply.
    I'm beginning to believe it's not an infection because the minute he stops the antibiotics, the symptoms return.
    I will be searching dogpile for help. Thanks for the link.
    Mila

Aloha Mila6062,
    I found a good web site where you can get an overview (survivor experiences) of prostate cancer.
    http://www.yananow.net/
    It is called You Are Not Alone. Make a post, and Mentors will answer your question.
    Joe
  • ndrnga
    ndrnga Member Posts: 1
    Mila6062, never hesitate to get a second doctor's opinion. Your husband's quality of life is important and other options should be explored. A good friend of mine had the same symptoms and his urologist performed a procedure where a scope is inserted to look for issues. The doctor discovered a blockage. A TURP was scheduled and done (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate). My friend is doing great now. There is always hope. I'm a survivor of prostate cancer. God bless.