Stage 4 good news

doris2657
doris2657 Member Posts: 38
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Got the results of my Pet scan today,cancer did not spread to liver or lungs except for one lymph note,my blood test came back to 1.1 and I'm starting chemo Monday folfox.Thank you for all your Prayers and God bless you all.

Comments

• butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256
    Hi I also am stage 4, i've had 4 treatments of folfiri5 (5fu), I go for my 1st cat scans in 2 weeks , I also only have it in my lymph nodes also, not in other organs, thank God! I wish you all the luck with your treatments! I will keep you in my prayers!
  • pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    congratulations and best of luck with your treatment.
    Pam
  • Faith88
    Faith88 Member Posts: 55

Hi I also am stage 4, i've had 4 treatments of folfiri5 (5fu), I go for my 1st cat scans in 2 weeks , I also only have it in my lymph nodes also, not in other organs, thank God! I wish you all the luck with your treatments! I will keep you in my prayers!

I'm confused; I thought Stage 4 meant it HAD spread to organs and Stage 3 was to the lympth nodes. My hubby was told stage 3 with lympth node involvement and went through Folfox treatment.

Good luck to both of you in your treatments, that's great news!
    faith88
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm sending strong, fighting vibes to you!

GREAT news!

Hugs, Kathi
  • impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    Stage 4 here going on 1.5 years..Good luck and may that chemo wipe out every bad thing there!
    Impactzone
  • doris2657
    doris2657 Member Posts: 38
    Faith88 said:

I'm confused; I thought Stage 4 meant it HAD spread to organs and Stage 3 was to the lympth nodes. My hubby was told stage 3 with lympth node involvement and went through Folfox treatment.

faith88

it did spread to my ovaries,at first they thought I had ovarian cancer,but I had 2 major surgerys but it did not spread any place else,plus my onc was kind of suprised my blood test came back so low thank yoy
  • butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256
    Faith88 said:

faith88

Hi, I am also stage 4 with colon and lymph nodes only... I also thought it had to be in other organs, but I was told no, I think they also go by how many lymph nodes are affected and the size of tumer also plays a part... You can always ask your dr. to explain it to you.
    in my thoughts and prayers
    Karyn
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Doris,

Wishing you well with your treatment. I am so happy there was no spread to your liver or lungs.

Hugs,

Kay
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    AWESOME! CELEBRATE AND CONGRATULATIONS
    GOD BLESS,

DIANE