Just found out

conijo
conijo Member Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My hubsand of 35 years just found out he has lung cancer. he is 56. I don't know all the details yet he still has more tests but I want to let you all know what I have read on this board has already helped me. I'm a 2 time cancer survivor myself (not lung cancer) so I know it's not always a death sentence.

Comments

• dscott
    dscott Member Posts: 35
    My thoughts are with you. I hope the tests come out well. Keep us posted
  • conijo
    dscott said:

My thoughts are with you. I hope the tests come out well. Keep us posted

Thank you so much ..I will be posting more later.
  • Art62
    Art62 Member Posts: 3
    conijo said:

Thank you so much ..I will be posting more later.

Hang in there. I was told 10 yrs ago
    i had lung cancer. Had lung removed. Ok for 10 yrs now its back again BAC this time. There are a lot of options these days so take care.
  • conijo
    Art62 said:

Hang in there. I was told 10 yrs ago
    i had lung cancer. Had lung removed. Ok for 10 yrs now its back again BAC this time. There are a lot of options these days so take care.

Thank you Art and I'm sorry to hear it's back again ...you'll beat it again I'm sure..my prayers are with you...
    I don't know how far advanced he is and that's what is driving me nuts... His Mom had lung cancer, with treatments she lived 12 years cancer free.
  • trft
    trft Member Posts: 48
    conijo said:

Thank you Art and I'm sorry to hear it's back again ...you'll beat it again I'm sure..my prayers are with you...
    I don't know how far advanced he is and that's what is driving me nuts... His Mom had lung cancer, with treatments she lived 12 years cancer free.

Yikers Art! What's BAC? I was or close to 56 when they found my lung cancer... man it was a sting like a slap in the face.... Good luck to both of you.
  • Art62
    Art62 Member Posts: 3
    trft said:

Yikers Art! What's BAC? I was or close to 56 when they found my lung cancer... man it was a sting like a slap in the face.... Good luck to both of you.

BAC is a subform of adenocarcinoma
  • conijo
    trft said:

Trift? how long ago was that when you had your lung cancer?
  • dscott
    dscott Member Posts: 35
    I was thinking about you and wondering how your husband made out with his tests..Please let me know...Debbie
  • lagobabe
    lagobabe Member Posts: 8
    Art62 said:

BAC is a subform of adenocarcinoma

Art, I'm a lung cancer survivor also for 20 yrs. My first diagnoses was in 1987 and that was large cell in my left lung and 3 1/2 yrs later I was diagnosed with adinocarcinoma in my right lung . Both cancers were sitting right in the top of the lungs. They just removed 1/2 of my left lung and a little better than 1/4th of my right lung. I never had any treatments. the first time I was diagnosed I was 53 and now I'm going to turn 74 this year. I'v had a great life, and am doing very well. I think you will too. There are so many kinds of treatments now a days. 20 yrs ago, pretty much if you had lung cancer you didn't survive and I couldn't even find a lot to read about it and of course I didn't have a computer. Knowing now what I didn't know then I would have insisted on at least one round of chemo, but I guess I really didn't need it after all. Any way my Dr thinks I'm a miracle as he did not expect me to live , in fact they gave me a 13% chance of survival.
    Just goes to show you they ( DRS ) don't know everything.
    I will be glad when they get the chat line back up.
    lagobabe