Back from the doc

Denise1966
Denise1966 Member Posts: 90
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well I finally got my dx. He told me that he took 5 samples, 4 of which came back negative and 1 with a very early stage of ca. I was probably the happpiest person ever to be told I have stage 1 ca. Tomorrow I go for my c/t scan and then on to see the surgeon next week. Thank you all for the support and prayers. These past few days have been very stressful and now that I know where I stand, I can do something about it. I will keep everyone posted. Bless you all!

Comments

• MoonDragon
    MoonDragon Member Posts: 183
    Wishing you the absolute best!

Jorie
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Wow! Great results and I know you are breathing a sigh of relief. I'm so happy for you, and be sure to keep us posted.
    Jo Ann
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    great news so you're almost home free!

nip that early stage and you're good to go!

peace, emily
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Well, welcome to the Stage I club! I'm so glad that was the extent of it. Keep us posted on your progress.

Gail
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348 Member
    Denise-
    Said a prayer right before I opened you post. So happy to read the good results.
    God bless you-
    Val
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Congratulations on the great news what a relief!!!
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Wonderful news! If you have to have cancer, let it be early stage! God bless,
    Kirsten
  • claud1951
    claud1951 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Wow Denise,
    So good to hear that news (sounds strange to say it good to hear you have Stage 1 cancer) but it's true!
    You just get done what needs to be done and keep your energy for moving forward and you'll be fine.

Let us know what happens from here
    Claudia
  • Starleen
    Starleen Member Posts: 40 Member
    Yay, Denise! You are home free! They will just snip it out, no chemo, no radiation. I think I'm going to cry. I am so happy for you! You knew you'd have at least a little cancer in there, and you got the best possible DX.

OK, y'all, now I need your prayers. I did my CT scan yesterday after a year long stage III battle. I find out if I am done...or in big trouble. My followup is Monday. It's going to be a hard weekend. I have no reason to believe I'm in trouble, but I'm pretty scared nonetheless.
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Starleen said:

Yay, Denise! You are home free! They will just snip it out, no chemo, no radiation. I think I'm going to cry. I am so happy for you! You knew you'd have at least a little cancer in there, and you got the best possible DX.

OK, y'all, now I need your prayers. I did my CT scan yesterday after a year long stage III battle. I find out if I am done...or in big trouble. My followup is Monday. It's going to be a hard weekend. I have no reason to believe I'm in trouble, but I'm pretty scared nonetheless.

Here's a little thing I do with the radiologist after a CT scan.......

Since they technically cannot tell you anything prior to a physician reading the scan, right before I leave, I will ask one of them, "So, will I be seeing you in another year, or sooner to scope things out?" They usually give a wink and say, "more than likely we'll see you in a year." Just enough piece of mind to tide me over until I get the official "ok" from the doc!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Stacy<----over 6 yrs clear from stage 4 colon cancer with liver mets
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

I sure was thinking good thoughts! Now you can breathe!

Please keep us posted....

Hugs, kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Starleen said:

Done. Waiting is the PITS! Here's to good news on Monday!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Denise1966
    Denise1966 Member Posts: 90
    Starleen said:

Starleen,
    My prayers are with you for this weekend. I sure know how that waiting can be. It almost drove me crazy. Just try to think happy thoughts and believe that everything will be ok. Big Hugs!!!!
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Great news! Keep the faith
    God Bless
    Diane