reappearance of incontinence

wendover
wendover Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
had robot one yaer ago and was really dry starting about 6 months ago...now all of a sudden I am getting occasional leaking. No pattern that I can see...any thoughts?

Comments

• rogermoore
    rogermoore Member Posts: 264 Member
    Wendover,
    I am a 6 3/4 yr survivor of a radical prostatectomy. I have been "dry" ever since about the 3 wk time frame post surgery. However, occasioally, When I become TOTALLY relaxed I may leak a drop or two. I don't think this is uncommon. The only thing I would do is resume practicing the kegel. This should help re-train the muscles to resume their previous function.

Hope this helps.

Roger
  • Photon
    Photon Member Posts: 57
    Hi

I had a RP in 2004 and it took me 3 months to become dry except for the odd dribble when I sneezed or coughed hard. Then I put some weight on due to hormone therapy and an easing off of my gym routine. This was in mid 2006. I restarted kegels but that didn't seem to have any effect. The leaking seem to occur when I twisted round and did heavy lifting. I still leak but am now trying to lose the 2 stone I put on with the HT in the hope that this will have some effect. My weight is mainly round my middle and breasts.

I wear a light a pad which enables mee to cope with the problem

All the best
    Photon