Advice 2

dorookie
dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Thanks for all the responses and support. I couldnt figure out how to respond on that post so decided to start a new one.
Again thanks for all the support, this site truly is a god sent.....
I am not NED's as of yet, at least no one has said that. my pet scan was clean so says the onc, still undergoing treatment though. I will talk to my onc and ask a bunch of questions, so far his answer has been as long as I can tolerate the treatment he is going to keep me on it. Wonder what his definition of tolerate is...LOL...

Comments

• kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    ROFLMAO!!! No kidding! Maybe he means as long as you're not laid out on the floor wishing you were dead!

I wanted so badly to skip my last two radiation treatments since they were just boosters, and they had caused crystals to develop in my bladder and high enough WBC's to block my urethra completely. I was in so much agony with the radiation burn, and a raw catheter in place for two days, that i was refusing further treatment. Still my doctor highly encouraged me to continue with the last two treatments saying it could be detrimental to my recovery. So i suffered through them even though i wasn't tolerating. I seriously think they do mean dead because you can push yourself to endure quite a bit when your life is at stake.

Waiting for an NED report...
    Krista
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member

ROFLMAO!!! No kidding! Maybe he means as long as you're not laid out on the floor wishing you were dead!

I wanted so badly to skip my last two radiation treatments since they were just boosters, and they had caused crystals to develop in my bladder and high enough WBC's to block my urethra completely. I was in so much agony with the radiation burn, and a raw catheter in place for two days, that i was refusing further treatment. Still my doctor highly encouraged me to continue with the last two treatments saying it could be detrimental to my recovery. So i suffered through them even though i wasn't tolerating. I seriously think they do mean dead because you can push yourself to endure quite a bit when your life is at stake.

Waiting for an NED report...
    Krista

Geez,
    Yeah, like I said before, I think you ought to get a second opinion. If your scan is clear, doesn't that mean you are NED? I would think so....anyway, maybe you'd be better of with a doctor who takes your quality of life into consideration.
    Just my opinion,
    Susan H.