I have on my Coyote shirt....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
And I'm holding on as best I can to the memories!

My mom is still not well, having broken her hip 2 weeks ago...

My beau has complications from the heart surgery...doing the best he can to recover...

One of my oldest clients is bringing the IT job "inside" (an employee) and it was not offered to me.

So, I am whining today....BUT....

The sun is shining, the birds are singing. I got some cool stuff at the swap meet this morning. I wore my Coyote Ugly t-shirt, and got asked many times if I actually DID dance on the bar....

I think about all of you brave warriors here, and feel sort of petty for stressing. I have MY health, at least I think, even tho everyone else in my family is sort of hanging on...

Thanks for 'listening'.....

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348 Member
    Kathi,
    I'm having one of those days, too. It really helped to read your post because it made me stop and think about all that I have to be thankful for. Not every day can be a great day, but I do go to bed at night believing that tomorrow will be a better day!!
    Keeping you and your loved ones in my prayers.
    God bless-
    ValerieC
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Hugs Kathi. Sending positive thoughts and prayers that your mom and your beau get on the fast track to recovery. God Bless
    Diane
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    I hope things improve - my thoughts are with you. Hang in there. Positive thoughts.

Debbie
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    Can I borrow your shirt Kathi? That ought to brighten youur day just thinking about the questions I would get.

Sometimes life gives us lemons and instead of making lemonaide we just use them to lighten our hair. This toooo shall pass. focus on what you do have today.
    peace my friend.
    Mark.
  • KathiM
    Limey said:

Can I borrow your shirt Kathi? That ought to brighten youur day just thinking about the questions I would get.

Sometimes life gives us lemons and instead of making lemonaide we just use them to lighten our hair. This toooo shall pass. focus on what you do have today.
    peace my friend.
    Mark.

Thank you, my dearest. It DID put a big smile on my face...

I LOVE your logic....maybe I will lighten my hair, too...

BIG HUGS to you!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    valeriec said:

Kathi,
    I'm having one of those days, too. It really helped to read your post because it made me stop and think about all that I have to be thankful for. Not every day can be a great day, but I do go to bed at night believing that tomorrow will be a better day!!
    Keeping you and your loved ones in my prayers.
    God bless-
    ValerieC

Thank you, Valerie....just knowing someone else is sharing the day helps...hope yours gets better!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM

Hugs Kathi. Sending positive thoughts and prayers that your mom and your beau get on the fast track to recovery. God Bless
    Diane

Thank you, Diane, for the positive thoughts! I know I'm just having a pity party...tomorrow is another day.

Strangest thing. My mom, because of the pain killers she was getting, forgot who/what/where she was...brought back memories of my daughter...sigh...

I digress.....thanks again for the thoughts and prayers!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    sladich said:

I hope things improve - my thoughts are with you. Hang in there. Positive thoughts.

Debbie

Thank you, Debbie! This morning, I felt like I am hanging onto a cliff, and 3 of my fingers have come loose...

This evening...well, it's better...because of my family here...

Thanks again for the thoughts!

Hugs, kathi
  • rmap59
    rmap59 Member Posts: 266
    Hey KathiM,
    Since I have been coming here in May you have comforted many of us and more important made us laugh. Thanks for your upbeat spirit, you deserve a pity party but just for a day and then back to that fun lovin dancing on the tables or in the rain naked KathiM. I enjoy your posts. Your friend, Robin
  • mrsriderman
    mrsriderman Member Posts: 48
    i am listening

we are here anytime

keep your head up and ask god for what you need

you will get an answer
    lisa r
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Kathi -

I just stood up and danced the hokie-pokie for you to send you good vibes.

Unfortunately whilst I was totally engrossed in the "Put your Joh.... in" part (you may recall that command from the birthday dance) one of the seamen walked into my room to collect the trash... Uh... yeah... let's just say that in the future I will just MENTALLY send you good vibes. Well, gotta run, the helicopter will be landing here momentarily to take the seaman to the nearest mental health facility for post-traumatic stress disorder afte witnessing my display.

- Bob
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hi Kathi,

Today is a new day and one that I hope finds you feeling better. I'm sorry to hear about your latest struggles. Take one day at a time.

Hugs,

Kay
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    You are entitled to a bit of whining...why not? The "ups" of life make the "downs" look better and vice-versa. Things will be looking better soon. I will be thinking of you and thanks so much for your thoughts about all of us. You are truly a great spirit.