MORE BAD NEWS

FRANTIC
FRANTIC Member Posts: 106
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I recently finished my radiation to the skull.
Quick review. ca/colon 2003 Stage 4, 8/20 lymphnodes positive. Left with illeostomy. Rest of colon removed in March 2007 as it could not be re-connected due to diffuse colitis. So I decided to live with the illeostomy for what ever time I have left. It is not bad at all. The bump appeared in April which was large and oncoligist
was keeping an eye on the size of it. It did grow quite rapidly. A MRI was finally ordered in June.
Once again the long wait. It came back positive for mucinous adenocarcinoma in the skull. There are also 2 very small lesions in the skull which could not be radiated. I did not have any side efffects from the radiation which was good with the exception of hair loss in that area. I spoke to the radiation oncoligist last Thursday as I have been having problems taking a deep breath. I have this sharp pain in the upper back left side.
I feel when the lungs expands it presses on my back ribs. I was told from the latest bone scan and follow up xrays that I have osteoporosis of the ribs as the bone scan lit up on both sides of the ribs. The radiation DR. ordered a catscan of the chest with comparison to the rib cage bone from the scans and previous scans.Mid you I have been scanned continuously since 2006. Well I work in a hospital andhad my scan done yesterday. Within an hour a report was done. I happened to read it. It now shows multiple bilateral pulmonary nodules indicative of metastasis.there is also focal infiltrate in the right upper lobe. thre was also a 5mm lesion inthe liver,inconclusive as I did not have a contrast IV. I am now waiting to here from the DRs. I had a very strong instinct as I always do that if this cancer went to the skull it must be in the lungs. And there you have it. I am besides myself again. This is not good. Now I really feel like giving up. Your friend Fran from LOng Island.

Comments

• sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    I'm very sorry you are having to go through this. How awful! My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Stay strong.

Debbie
  • DK2006
    DK2006 Member Posts: 126
    Hi Fran,
    I'm sorry to hear about your latest results. Hang in there. Sending hugs.
    Donna
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Dear Fran,

I'm so sorry you have this bad news. You have been through so much. I am praying for you.

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • claud1951
    claud1951 Member Posts: 424 Member
    I certainly can't imagine how you feel but my thoughts are with you. Just try and keep your energy for moving forward.

My best
    Claudia
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Fran,
    Hang in there. Find out what the docs have to say before you do anything else. They may have a plan in mind for you that might work.
    Mary
  • KierstenRx
    KierstenRx Member Posts: 249
    Fran,
    I am so sorry about you latest bad news. Please know that I am praying for you.

Kiersten
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    That sucks! I am so sorry to hear your latest news. What a tremendous amount of information for you to handle. Do they consider this skull issue a mets from the colon cancer? I am glad the radiation was not too bad for you. I take it you are still working...you get my admiration for having such strength. Don't give up and give in to the "beast"...give him a hard time!!
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Fran, I will continue to pray for you.
    Jo Ann
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    The news really bites the big one. I'm sorry it wasn't any better. Keep your heart and mind open for possibilities. Lots of prayers coming your way.
  • alta29
    alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
    Keep fighting Fran....Visualize yourself cured...Don't give up....I am praying for you...
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Nuts! I've been keeping you in my prayers, and will continue to do so.....
    I worked in a hospital, too...and sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes (because I got all my reports, too) it can be harsh. I am reading on the Johns Hopkins web site, colon cancer area, that there is some effect that some of the plants and herbs have on colorectal cancer...you might take a look....since this is still crc, even tho it is other places...
    As far as the bone loss...are they giving you anything like Boniva or Actonel? Would it help?

Hugs, Kathi
  • mrsriderman
    mrsriderman Member Posts: 48
    you have to find in yourself to believe-- no matter how small-- BELIEVE Lisa
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Fran,

My heart goes out to you. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Maureen
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    So sorry for what you are going through. I admire your courage and strength, but I am sure you are getting tired. Don't give up!!!! Just let yourself rest and try to give your worries away. You are in my prayers.

Faith
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Fran,

I am so sorry that you have to go through such a difficult time. You are always in my prayers. God bless you.

-Lee-
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Dear Fran,

Hopefully, you will hear from the doctors soon. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs,

Kay