Anemic

Greggriggs
Greggriggs Member Posts: 132
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Went to the doc the other Day because I was feeling tired an run down he did some blood work an said I was anemic. I finished the chemo 8 months ago just wonder if any of you went threw this and what did they do for it. I had a lung remove a year or so ago an just can't seem to get back on my feet

Comments

• CinciRick
    CinciRick Member Posts: 23
    Hi GreggRiggs, One thing I remember when my red blood counts were too low I took an iron supplament (Ferris Oxide) and after taking it for weeks with no improvement I found out you can't take the Ferris Oxide with Milk or dairy products or it won't be absorbed. I was taking it in the morning with cereal & milk. My red blood counts are normal now but can't say for sure the iron suplament helped.
  • catlady123
    catlady123 Member Posts: 13
    It's been 7 months since I had my lung removed, and it seems like the least little thing wears me out. I am told that the more I move, the stronger I will get, and that it takes a long time for your body to heal after such a drastic surgery. If you are anemic, then you need to take iron. I was a Medical Assistant for 25 years and know this for a fact. Talk to your doctor about an iron supplement.