Erbitux and Interstitial lung disease

shorty6
shorty6 Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Can anyone provide any information or experience about Erbitux causing Interstitial lung disease? This is a rare side effect of Erbitux and causes shortness of breath. Thank you for any information you can provide to help us with this problem.

Comments

• jcavanaugh
    jcavanaugh Member Posts: 100
    My dad was on erbitux and is now on a drug similar to erbitux (do not remember the name). My mom claims that he has shortness of breath. We did not know that this was a symptom of erbitux.
  • shorty6
    shorty6 Member Posts: 15

My dad was on erbitux and is now on a drug similar to erbitux (do not remember the name). My mom claims that he has shortness of breath. We did not know that this was a symptom of erbitux.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Is he taking Vectabix? This is a new drug similar to Erbitux, but we understand that it is very similar. If you go to the Erbitux website (www.ertibux.com) you will see the product literature which discusses pulmonary problems that they claim rarely occur. My daughter has had a dry cough for a long time, and severe shortness of breath more recently. We are trying to figure out if it is due to the Erbitux or some other cause.