erbitux

tmd
tmd Member Posts: 39
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My wife started taking erbitux in the beginning of July. Has anybody been on it long enough to know that it has work for them? We are told this the last treatment. She small tumors in the lungs only. She was on avastin for about 2and half years. Ceas started rising in the last couple of months.

Comments

• livefreeordie
    livefreeordie Member Posts: 45
    HI,
    I am on erbitux and FOLFOX since the begining of July also. I "think" its working, theres less pain. Dont know if its the FOLFOX that did that though. I like the erbitux, no nasty side effects for me except the rash. And the good news
    is they did a study, and found that if you get the rash its working..
    I wont get another CT till the end of August to know if it worked.
  • livefreeordie
    livefreeordie Member Posts: 45
    HI,
    I am on erbitux and FOLFOX since the begining of July also. I "think" its working, theres less pain. Dont know if its the FOLFOX that did that though. I like the erbitux, no nasty side effects for me except the rash. And the good news
    is they did a study, and found that if you get the rash its working..
    I wont get another CT till the end of August to know if it worked.
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    My husband has been on erbitux and irinotecan since 11/05...yes, it has been 20 months and it works. It keeps him stable. When he has needed to take a break-his pain increases and his cancer spreads....so we are on "maintenance". He has the rash under control with soriatane and keflex. If you have any other questions......let me know. Good luck!
    Dash
  • kbienapfl
    kbienapfl Member Posts: 61
    Just received my fourth Erbitux infusion yesterday. Unfortunately it is too soon to see results, as I will not be scanned again until the first part of September.

I did receive the nasty rash the first infusion. I think my doctor wanted to see if I received the rash (which I did) and then he prescribed tetracycline to rid me of the nuisance.

I also have tumors in the lining of my lung and am hoping that this along with my Folfox6 kicks them in the butt!

We'll keep our fingers crossed together for a high success rate.

My thoughts are with you.
  • tmd
    tmd Member Posts: 39
    Thanks for the feed back. As everybody knows you need to hear some good news. Good luck EVERYBODY!!!