Now the Dr. mentioned possible "cured"

Options
alta29
alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
for the first time......First was my surgeon and today my oncologist said " if you get cured "...For those who have Dr's that don't give hope....look for a 2nd opinion...I know there's no guarantees, but it helps to hear from your Dr. that there is a chance...years ago there was none...( or very little)...just the words, help you to stay positive...For the ones that don't remember me I am stage IV....dx 1/01/05...recurrance last year and NED again....they can keep on prolonging my life...the cure is close...
Believe and God bless

Comments

• robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your good news. Music to our ears... the cure is close...
    Blessings.. Rob
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Yes, we never give up hope. It certainly helps when our caregivers are positive about it as well. Keep up the good work.

• jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are NED and you are hearing such positive words from your doctors.
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Great news! There is always hope. I hope you're enjoying celebrating NED.
    Jamie
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    That is good news! We all need optimistic doctors that can give us the hope to keep fighting. We all know the cure is near. Believe it!

Faith
  • kathleenss
    kathleenss Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Don't you love good words like that!?! You just keep on keeping on!

"In the face of uncertainty, there is nothing wrong with hope."
    Kathleen
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    "Cure" is one of my ultimate FAVORITE 4-letter words!!!!!! (along with "SALE", "SAIL", "KIDS", "FREE", "LOVE", "SAFE", and "Kids go back to school in less than 2 weeks"~~oh, that's a few more than 4 letters, but I love them too! lol)

I am so happy you are sharing this news with us. It really means so much when folks who reach a milestone share it on this board. Support is an awesome thing!!

Hugs! (yet another terrific 4-letter word!)

Stacy
  • kbienapfl
    kbienapfl Member Posts: 61
    Options
    CURE!!! A word that I never thought would mean so much. As a newly diagnosed Stage IV you give us great hope. Thank you so much for your encouraging words.

Cheers to your continued good health!
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    "the cure is close!" Music to my ears. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news.
    God bless,
    Valeriec
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    The "C" word we all love....CURE!

Always BELIEVE!!!

Hugs,

Kay