Aww, sis is at day 3/chemo....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, despite her positive thinking (she was CONVINCED she would NOT get sick like her sister did...lol), my sweet sis had to use some of my tips for heading off the upset tummy....

The one that worked for her (and ME) was scalloped potatoes...for each chemo week, I would bake up a big bowl before hand (couldn't STAND smelling food during...rofl)and put it in the fridge. Then I would nibble whenever I could...mmmmmmmm

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Lucky, lucky Sis! I'm really sorry that she is dealing with this, too, but she couldn't have a better cheerleader/coach than you! The thing I found most tolerable when I could eat was no-salt, lo-fat chicken soup with rice instead of noodles. In fact, plain rice was a mainstay. Blessings to you both.
    Kirsten
  • claud1951
    claud1951 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Hi Kathi,
    I'm sorry your sis has to go through this. Hope she listens to your advise cause you sure would know.

Tell your sis i'm thinking of her. I can't say I have any tips cause I don't get upset tummy very often. When I do, I have a pill I take and that works. Right now I'm not wanting to much food, either.

Since I've been on Chemo I sure haven't been eating right. Used to love Veggies..but there is a lot of work in preparing those and you just don't have the energy. So..it's either the can veggies OR.......Sweet corn is now here! will have lots of that...I think.

Anyway....I'm rambling..My best to your sister and the potatoes sounds wonderful! I always liked chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes!

Take care
    Claudia
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Kathi
    Sorry your sister is going through this.

Regarding the scalloped potatoes...yum!!
    I'm going to try this when I resume chemo...whatever it is!

My prayers are with your sister.
    Mary
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Kathi, continued prayers for your sis (and you) . I have no doubt she'll get thru this with your encouragement and inspiration and .. the scalloped potatoes of course (lol) God Bless

Hugs, Diane